Coco Nutes For A Soil Vs Coco Comparison Grow

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dorjewright

dorjewright

I have always grown in soil but have 2 blueberry from Midnight Farms in coco just to try it out.
10 of the other girls are in soil with GO nutes. What problems can I anticipate with the 2 in coco and is it possible to compensate in some way and still be all organic.

xPeacePipex

xPeacePipex

I grow in both soil and soiless mediums utilizing coco and I am all Organic/Vegan.
You can even feed teas to coco grown plants, but pH should be set for uptake if you want that hydro like growth..

Most brands of coco coir will not be charged and this may require some extra calcium/Magnesium due to coirs ability to bind and hold onto these two nutrient..
Have fun and dont think about it all too much, they grow regardless as long as they are fed and given attention, some people even skip the meter with coco but then your possibly steeping out of the ideal ranges unless all just goes right by chance itself..

dorjewright

dorjewright

I can't find a concise "how to grow in coco" tutorial anywhere. Any ideas?
I'm also considering just going with C17 or Canna nutes just to simplify and get
a soil/organic vs coco comparison with some blueberry from midnight farms.
There are just too many opinions in the forum - hard to sort out the valuable from
the not so.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Canna nutes are good. you can use your GO in coco as well.

just remember, once the plants start to take off they're going to be drinking a lot.
if you do a drain to waste style setup, i.e. you're not doing a recirculating deep water culture (RDWC) or otherwise hydro style set up, then you'll need to be watering them daily once they take off and I recommend around 10% runoff by volume of pot they're in.

you can do either chem nutes or organic nutes in coco, it's really versatile. but if you go with non-organic nutes, you definitely should be watering to runoff, have to remove the salt buildup that will occur in the soilless medium.

if this is your first time in coco, remember the KISS method. don't over-complicate things. also your ph will need to be lower than what you water your soil plants with. 5.5 - 5.8 is optimum for when you water/feed, as opposed to in soil where 6.5 is optimum.

dorjewright

dorjewright

How should I compensate for the extra Ca & Mg needed if I use Go nutes? and If I go for chem nutes C17 or Pure Blend Pro or Gh Flora series?

Top Bottom