Coco/perlite mixture

• Thread starter XxShibbyxX
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
X

XxShibbyxX

Ah a sheet! So simple yet perfect for this big ass block!

Thanks man I'll be trying that with the next block :)

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

I use hydrofarm coco and i do not pre rinse. I pre charge it with calcium, mag, and Great White beneficial bacteria. I also run a flush once a week with only carbs, cal, mag, and Great white (humic acid for ph controll so as not to kill the benes). I never have had a problem with lock out. ALso i use city water but i let it sit out for at least 24 hours before use. Also i use House and Garden coco specific nutes in a Drain to waste. Coco is very different from soil in that you will actually produce a yeild! ALso instead of 2 inches of perlite at the bottom i would use hydroton or some other type of clay pellet or even those natural silica rocks. goodluck

D

dman16

i mixed perlite coco (canna) 70/30 my first two grows with nice results. This run though i went to straight coco with 2 inches of hydroton in the bottom of the smart pots out of laziness and honestly its killing both previous runs.

H

halitzor

Stop posting stupidity please.

The perlite is unnecessary.

I've never needed cal/mag in coco. Hocus pocus. I do fine without. Just use a complete neut solution and you'll be fine. Start with high PPMs and wash through to charge the coco and back off gradually.

The gnats are slightly annoying but from what I can tell are of no detriment to the plants.

Top Bottom