Coco pith and additives advice

• Thread starter TheBadChoice
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

So I got more canna coco coco pith blocks, but I’m curious on what other people prefer or what they may mix in? Do you prefer coco moss over pith

Right now it just gonna be coco pith and perlite but some ideas on additives to mix would be nice. The other container I’m gonna do coco pith and recycled old coco moss with added perlite so my question is for a single container 3.5gallon air pot kind of maybe get a test run in on something new maybe.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i presume the pith is those huge chunks i see in top of folks buckets and such, just a guess, so if you have coco and perlite only additive you need is a good nutrient program because your looking at twice a day in veg and maybe 3 times a day in flower or more actually ,coco is coco and you dont ever let it dry,thats reasoning behind using it, you feed more you get more production,but you can burn um up if you dont watch what your doing.
that said i used humbolt secret A&B with the golden tree in my coco and it works great, i also run the 3 gal pots ,so it did very well under a 400 HID light in a 2x4x5 tent,i dont use them air bags at all so my 3 gal pots in flower i feed twice a day to runoff,runoff no matter what might say is maintence while you feed, runoff is washing out left over salts from last feed,so flush um is my moto, by doing so you dont have the worry later when you really dont trouble

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Well I was wondering more like adding lime or worm casting or whatever to amend the soil and reduce on feeding ratios or help NPK stuff or whatever, kind of a test thing.
not 100% sure we’re your going with your response….

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

you would have better luck using worm juice to feed with, i dont think lime would help you at all,you gotta understand that those things will leach out of your media,the worm juice would feed as soon as you apply it , but to hold in there i doubt ,but your set on trying and that is how we as humans discover stuff.
so you sound offended of my response so im moving,tried to help all good

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Lol alright oh and fyi you never flush coco you just do reduce feeding to bring the ppm and ph back to were needed.

Top Bottom