Coco Qs

• Thread starter RefusedPanda
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RefusedPanda

Hi all,

My water ppm after going through my small boy filter is 560ppm, seems high. Anyways, I'm using cns17 coco formula and was wondering if I should add any cal mag plus. I am also running Liquid karma, silica blast, and aqua shield. The guy at the hydro store said I didn't need it, but I thought I would ask in case I do need it.

He also said I didn't need to add perlite to the coco. I'm coming from dirt, so that sounds odd to me. I feel like it will get super water logged and never dry out without any perlite.

Thanks in advance.

S

sfzoo

that is incredibly high, what is the ppms out of the tap? or is it well?
i'd recommend RO if that is the lowest you can get your base water..

You don't need those additives, but they won't hurt.

perlite can be added, but pure coco is fine. whatever works for you.

R

RefusedPanda

I must have been really high last time, so I remeasured my water ppm for tap and out of the small boy

Tap - 560ppm
Smallboy - 490ppm

After going back a few pages I saw some threads that said if your starting water ppm is above 200ppm I can just skip the cal mag.

sfzoo, you mentioned RO water, do you think I should upgrade to a RO unit to help out my crappy water? I guess the suburban water supply is nasty lol.

All this is kind of confusing, I miss dirt =( but I was told the yields are much better in coco, so I really want to give a solid try one cycle.

Thanks for your time.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

sfzoo is right. 560ppm is high. I would look to filter some other way. The CNS doesn't need the CaMg. I like the perlite myself. I use 30-40% medium size perlite.

-TF

R

RefusedPanda

Thanks sfzoo and TF for the advice. I went and dropped some money on a hydrologic RO system today. Now I just hope to remember to watch the water fill and not be like my buddy who walked away and then came back to soggy carpet!

C

ca_digger

I too am coming out of dirt and into coco, I think it will produce better plants thought i mix w/ perlite as i still have 1/2 trash can of the stuff anybody have suggestions for me.Also thought about mixing with soil to start with

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Bucket Filler

134313d1299488605t-bucket-filler-img_2153.jpg.att

-TF

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
god damn genius your are TF - lol

I was tryiing to find a quick connect type fitting so I could put a float on my 40 gal rolling can

guess Im looking for clamps now - peace

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I also have floats built into my Rubbermaid mini brute 18g trash cans. The dollys are the shit!

-TF

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
you do a have quick disconnect for the built ins? or are those not on dollys?

really though that clamp is the shit - I have 3-4 diff things I fill anyway

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

And it goes a little something like this....

IMG 2756

The hose just comes in out out of the coupler as many times as you like. No leaks!

-TF

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
And it goes a little something like this....

View attachment 165256

The hose just comes in out out of the coupler as many times as you like. No leaks!

-TF

yeah I forgot how easy it is really to take that hose out - im on the way to true value though for a clamp - cant believe I didnt think of that

peace bro

P

potgutz

Straight coco is fine if u wanna add anything to it add dolomite lime

Top Bottom