Coco Redemption - Free at Last!

• Thread starter TrichromeFan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Well folks this starts another chapter with me on the farm. I first came on a year ago with a rockwool ebb and flow setup. Then I built my dream grow area and lounge. It was designed for the MPB style of growing. After 2 runs that crashed and burned, I decided to venture into a different medium. This is my first time with coco, so any input is always appreciated. So enough with the talk.

First I wanted to go OG so I had to go to the old red cups. I started some CC Sour OG seeds in canna coco and hydroton mix.
Coco redemption   free at last

Also took some clones off the 6 phenos of the CC Chem Valley Kush that I killed in the MPB's.
Coco redemption   free at last 2

Only 3 Sour OG's were female. They went into the 1 gal smart pots. CVK clones from the aerocloner into square pots.
Coco redemption   free at last 3

Upgraded my existing flowering room to something more suitable for coco. Still not done yet. Only have one out of four lights up and running right now.
Coco redemption   free at last 4

Just got the girls in the room. Looking very happy.
Coco redemption   free at last 5

Nutes are Canna coco, cal mag, roots excel, great white. Hand fed at the minute, but that will change as soon as I get some more free time. I'm stoked so far.

-TF:rauch08:

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Right on brother, gotta love a fresh start!
FJ

S

SofaKingHigh

Right on bro! Sour OG and CVK, mmmmm, can't wait to see the bursting budsites.

JPLord01

JPLord01

Welcome bro to coco I like how you got your table seup. Can you get a table on the back side of your room? I would flip soon and give them some space like 3 per row. I would say run them in 2 to 3 gl smartpots.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Thanks guys, these are just the first two varieties that will hit the room. The tables are 38" deep and about 10' wide. There are 2 in the room, and there will be 4 adjust a wing's running the 1k dual arcs. The girls are still vegging, and the plan is to transplant them into 3 gal smart pots this weekend at the latest. I thought about table at the back, and decided I wanted the space to work in the garden, and four lights is a nice round number.

-TF:evilgrin0013:

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Excellent start TF! You are gonna love coco... Can't wait to see what you design and build next my friend... Hmmm, a PVC drip manifold FTW! :cool

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Subbed, lookin' forward to this. You're very creative as a problem-solver, Trichrome. I really dig the corrugated plastic leading to gutters as a solution for drainage. I wish *I* had thought of it!

S

StinkyPete

Premium Member
Supporter
Top notch as always TF. I'll be along for the ride.

420Gator

420Gator

coco can have problems too but i have a feeling ur gonna do great, good choice on the canna. im re-using mine this run with no probs halfway thru

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Nothone,
good to see you. I know for sure that no form of gardening is foolproof by any means. The coco is just something that I have been wanting to play with for a while, and so far I love it!

Shady,
drip system is coming. The only question is the possibility of multiple automated drip systems. Different tanks for different girls, nute lines, maturity level, or other experiments to get er dialed in. That is what has been swimming around in my head. Gotta think some more on that one. Probably gonna get something temped in there to start with.

Venom,
rocking the coco in the SFV, and you know this!

Seamaiden,
Great to have ya. I'm stoked that I can give back to people as helpful as yourself on this site. The plastic is old school for me. I used to run it all the time on a recirculating drip for rockwool cubes. It's cheap, EASY to clean (no nooks and crannies like trays), hell, it even reflects light! The drainage currently just goes to a tank under the room, but soon it will go all the way out to the drain!

Pete,
thanks for keepin it stinky in here.

Gator,
thanks. Are you flushing your coco between runs, and how?

That brings up a good one guys, since I am new to coco, I've got lots to learn. I am using the Canna coir coco in the bag. I have been rinsing it out in a strainer, then dumping it into a bin with cal mag at 4 mils per gal at 5.8 to pre charge the coco. Then after draining, I mix with the hydroton (using it since I already had lots) and put into pots. Any one care to chime in on this? Thanks again guys.

-TF

420Gator

420Gator

Gator,
thanks. Are you flushing your coco between runs, and how?

-TF

no but it got flushed the last run for the last two weeks and i used alot of cannazyme during veg, i also didnt rinse before the first run

i plan on doing a proper rinse before using again tho

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Shady,
drip system is coming. The only question is the possibility of multiple automated drip systems. Different tanks for different girls, nute lines, maturity level, or other experiments to get er dialed in. That is what has been swimming around in my head. Gotta think some more on that one. Probably gonna get something temped in there to start with.
Sounds good TF... I know you've read leadsled's fertigation thread and will prob design and build some bad ass system, but that will come in time... For now, it will be nice to see you fill up that room with fat colas... :cool

S

swisscheese

COCO is pretty much fool proof idk what major problems you can really have with coco to be honest. I'm on my first run with canna coco and their nutes and its idiot proof. All the advantages of dirt imo and super fast growth. Unless you forgot everything you already know you really won't have any issues with coco.

Giddeon

Giddeon

Ill be watching from the sidelines on this grow TF, good luck hope all goes well.

M

mamaherb

Coco is great for sure but I have run into a few problems with excess salts. make sure you rinse before you put little ones in. More established bigger plants can handle it.

H

Hikes

Nice Work TF. Glad to see this run is going much better. Reminds me of the old days (just a lot more hi tech). Can't wait to see the end of the season. Talk to ya soon.

OGONLY

OGONLY

Hey whats up T.F. nice looking babies you have there... good call on the coco bro. I am on my first run with it (canna coco) after having great results in rockwool. I find it a bit more tedious as far as watering because of excess salt conserns. I watered using watering wand DTW. Takes about 5-10 minutes to get runoff. Everything else is great. Plants love the stuff.

I took the agressive feeding route at 10 feeds to one flush. My flush was a mix of R/O with cal/mag or calplex and Drip Clean. I also used Drip Clean with every feeding.

I've been flushing one week and have one more week to go. The runoff is still pink from the GH 3 part I used even after 1 week of straight R/O. They plants look amazing! Can't wait to taste the difference between rockwool and coco!

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
all looking real nice. right on Tf, looking forward to the show. coco is the ticket. rooting for you to have a kick ass run. subscribed and watching.

-Lead

Top Bottom