Coco Root Shots!

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justiceman

justiceman

View attachment 676275 Justice man, master of the top ramen!!!
:cry: I'm laughing so hard right now! Right on hahahahahaha.

---------------

Alright here's my last round of ramen roots for now fellow blades. Enjoy!
IMG 8795
IMG 8796

S

spaaaaceboy

@justiceman
Those roots are amazing. Can u tell me how u do your dry cycles after transplanting into solo cups? Ive read that u water every day starting day one, but if i do that my cups are just as heavy the next day. Seems that they are not drinking. Are yours still heavy the next day after that first watering or do they lighten up a bit?

Sorry I'm just really trying to pin this down because I'm having an ongoing problem with weak roots.

Here are a few pics of my roots. Seems my coco always compacts. This is wanna.

20170919 201222
20170919 201156
20170919 201212
20170919 201221
justiceman

justiceman

@justiceman
Those roots are amazing. Can u tell me how u do your dry cycles after transplanting into solo cups? Ive read that u water every day starting day one, but if i do that my cups are just as heavy the next day. Seems that they are not drinking. Are yours still heavy the next day after that first watering or do they lighten up a bit?

Sorry I'm just really trying to pin this down because I'm having an ongoing problem with weak roots.

Here are a few pics of my roots. Seems my coco always compacts. This is wanna.

Thanks spaaaaceboy. hahaha I like that name! My apologies about the late reply. I have been busy this summer. You are correct I water everyday starting on day one. I know it's scary at first because it goes against the soil wet/dry cycle school of thought. Soil needs wet/dry cycles because it doesn't hold enough oxygen when it's fully saturated. Coco on the other hand does.

With coco you don't need a dry cycle nor do you really want one because it increases fertilizer concentrations in the coco which can negatively effect your roots.

Frequent feeds introduces more oxygen into the medium which helps your roots flourish. If the coco stays wet for a couple days and isn't refreshed with new feed it goes stagnant. All the oxygen gets used up and roots begin to suffer. The chance for pathogens increase with the lower levels of oxygen as well. Check out my coco root helath tutorial link below. It should help out to understand things and serve as a reference.

Coco Root Health Tutorial

Top Bottom