coco/soil help watering please

• Thread starter januaryfirst
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

januaryfirst

Using two gallon root pouches (really similiar matreial to smart pot material) with 50% coco and 50% soil. Trying to copy what one of the better growers ever meet does. But in the instructional paper he gave me to help me out he did not tell me to treat it like soil or coco, and clear up how to water it properly.... I have been watering everythree days and now I think I have to start doing every two because last time I came in everything was dried out and was just starting to wilt.
Have been watering with 1.75 L of water everywatering. That is has just the tiniest bit of water coming out the bottom.
Any suggestions anyone can give me to help out with the watering would sure be great.
Thanks.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

I have tried 50 50 coco soil with roots organic soil. Personally I prefer pure coco to this mix as it yields better and is easier to maintain imo. Now I mix coco and perlite but I know it is not always about me so to answer your question

Do not ever let the plants wilt no matter what! what Ph are you giving your girls? with a coco soil mix I use 6.3 for feedings and follow a nute, water, nute water regimen. How big are your pots? you should shoot for about 20% run off so if you put a gallon in then you should get half a quart out. This runoff is essential especially if you are mixing soil and coco as soil has a very high CEC (Cation exchange capacity) so salt buildup happens fast. Really it depends what size pot and plant you have but I would say that every other day should do nicely. basically you want to let em get pretty dry before watering but not to the point of visible wilting! Goodluck

D

D_nice

just water them when coco looks dry to you. your' going to have ph' problem. because soil itself contain's natural nutrients and coco does not.

Top Bottom