Coco staying too wet / Plants not drinking

• Thread starter flipflop64
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
flipflop64

flipflop64

Hey guys this is my first post on this forum.

I have a few Cookies & Cream plants by exotic genetics that I cloned from my mother plant.
Once they were rooted, I put them in 70/30 coco/perlite mix. They seemed to do well until they got bigger. I recently checked the roots out and on some plants they were brown.
I got panic and transplanted them into 50/50 coco perlite because they were fully rooted out. Now they are in 1gal fabric pots with 50/50 coco perlite. I still watered everyday and now
the main rootball is brown and rotten but there are white roots coming out of it. I use southern ag and enzymes. Feeding ghe flora series. Ph 5.8.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
It's pretty hard to overwater coco, in fact it grows best when constantly wet. Now that my friend, doesn't look like coco. I could be wrong but I think that's soil.

flipflop64

flipflop64

It is this coco: https://i.einvalid.com/images/g/wtAAAOSw3hZey72H/s-l500.png
Thats exactly what I thought. I think this is bad quality coco and I should have rinsed it. Is that possible?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
It is this coco:
Thats exactly what I thought. I think this is bad quality coco and I should have rinsed it. Is that possible?
Not sure. This is my first run in coco so I don't know a lot about it.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Are your pots raised up above drain trays? That looks like you've been letting them sit in their draining water after watering them. This would cause root problems and cause salt buildup at the bottom of the pot.

flipflop64

flipflop64

Of they are stay wet that long you probably have another issue like low root temps.
My room is constant 25C or 77F
My coco is constantly wet, beeing fed one time a day. It stays wet until the next watering.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

My room is constant 25C or 77F
My coco is constantly wet, beeing fed one time a day. It stays wet until the next watering.

Have whole plant pics?
Are the plants directly on the floor and if so what the temp of the floor?

flipflop64

flipflop64

I can't take pics rn. Most of them look fine now (basically recovering). New growth looks nice and green. As I said there are new roots growing out of the dead ones. Can plants recover from root rot?

Top of the coco looks wet, basically all white now because of the perlite

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I can't take pics rn. Most of them look fine now (basically recovering). New growth looks nice and green. As I said there are new roots growing out of the dead ones. Can plants recover from root rot?

Top of the coco looks wet, basically all white now because of the perlite
Yes they can.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Coco doesn't get muddy.... I thought you said they are recovering?

Top Bottom