coco to perlite ratio

• Thread starter driftset
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

driftset

hey farmers, i'm going to be going into coco for the first time. I'm transplanting into 3 gal smart pots for the bloom. my question is what ratio have you guys found to work that allows me to have one watering a day? I was thinking more like 75/25 coco to perlite but is that too much perlite?

Venom818

Venom818

hey farmers, i'm going to be going into coco for the first time. I'm transplanting into 3 gal smart pots for the bloom. my question is what ratio have you guys found to work that allows me to have one watering a day? I was thinking more like 75/25 coco to perlite but is that too much perlite?

I like 50/50 myself

3Cz

Hi,

I'm rather new to this coco growing too and was asking the same question a couple of months ago. I went with a 70/30 mix and now wish I had more perlite in it. My next round will be a 60/40 mix in some and 50/50 in others.

Regards,
3Cz

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i use 3 gal smart pots and i dont use any perlite, i water every 1-2 days depending what part of bloom

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

Pigfarmer who has the most Impressive CoCo plants I've ever seen and has taught many online how to run CoCo successfully uses none and smartpotz. Im running none and I canwater every day in a 2 gal bag. In the future ill go to.5. Gal smartpots with none

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Straight coco for me.5-7-10 gal smarts mostly 10gals. I don't think the coco perlite ratio matters if u know how to feed and water properly. I've seen people do extremely well with many ratios.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Also stickyicky is a coco master check out his perfect plants there all beautiful.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

MrDizzle runs a 4:1 ratio and I'm pretty impressed with what he has going on. My last two runs I have used Roots Organics Coco Coir (coco and perlite), not sure what the ratio is but I like it. It flushes well and has pretty good retention in the same right. I have automated my run for the first time and instead of watering once a day my pump kicks on for two mintute intervals several times during the light cycle. This ensures my coir never dries out. I have three different size containers that I am running so I used drip emitters to control the amount each container is getting.

D

driftset

ok based on all the responses, i'm gonna just do a side by side. I did half of the plants roughly 60/40 coco/chunky perlite. Other half all coco.

When I was growing in rockwool, I would also used those coco chips for orchids for aeration. I was going to add some of that into the mix but decided against it. Maybe I'll try it next time. Its my first run in coco so i wanna keep it simple

Top Bottom