Coco To Super Soil ???

• Thread starter Migrower83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Migrower83

Migrower83

My plants are currently in 1 gallon pots in canna coco being feed canna nutes. I’m wanting to know if I will have problems if I put the plants in super soil and cut the feed off will I have problems ? Say putting them in 5 gallon pots full of super soil ?

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

is your plant well rooted in the 1 gal?is it a big plant or seedling?probably best to try to gently remove the coco from the root zone as best u can before putting it into a small pot of slightly moist soil.it will take a wee bit to establish into the soil as the root structure a plant grows in coco is a little different to how it grows in soil.

Migrower83

Migrower83

is your plant well rooted in the 1 gal?is it a big plant or seedling?probably best to try to gently remove the coco from the root zone as best u can before putting it into a small pot of slightly moist soil.it will take a wee bit to establish into the soil as the root structure a plant grows in coco is a little different to how it grows in soil.
The plant is fairly big and well rooted it is about 24” tall and topped twice . I have been growing in coco for a couple years and just want to try something different .

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

It shouldn't be too difficult to remove most of the coco from around the roots.try not to break em of course but it's not the end of the world if u do.
Just remember growing in soil requires a wet dry cycle meaning you water then let the soil dry out a good bit before watering again.also when your just running in soil using bottled organic nutes it takes about 2 weeks before you see the effects of your feed.what I mean is for example if u have a plant that is getting a bit of yellowing from lack of N and you up your N in your feeds,you won't see any effects from that upped N feed until about 2 weeks later.it may be different with tea,s and living soil but that's how it is when using bottled bites in soil.in my experience at least.

Top Bottom