coco/transplanting/confused

• Thread starter snickerss
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

snickerss

Thanks for reading! Ive been growing for 2 years SoG style with straight perlite hand watering in 1 gal containers. Im so done with this crap.....

I have some plants now in 1 gallon containers with coco mixed with perlite. Some are from seed some are clones. They have all been veging for 3 weeks now. Im completly lost when it comes to transplanting and flowering with smart pots. Is there any basic formula for when to transplant to a larger pot, and how soon after transplanting to put them into flower? If I move them to a 3gal smart pot can I veg them another 3 weeks then flower em or do I need to move em to a 5 gal? Is there a big difference in end results between a 3 gal and a 5 gal container?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I can't handle a 5gal pot if it needs to be moved, so all my indoor growing stops at 3gal pots. Therefore I can't speak to any differences in container size in that scenario. Outdoors, you betcha it makes a difference how big you can let their feet grow. The formula I use for when and whether to transplant, if you can call it that, has more to do with canopy height and thickness/fullness than anything else.

As for the specificity of the SPs, I've not used them yet, though I have received plants in planting bags and while cheap and lightweight, they were a pain to use for certain things because they have no rigidity. Getting plants out of them to transplant was more difficult for me, probably because of how I do it. Likewise, I am unfamiliar with any "rules of thumb" regarding how long to wait after a transplant to begin flowering. I tend to really go by feel on that stuff.

But, what you're talking about, if you're gonna run another SoG, then I'd veg no more than two weeks, depending on size when transplanted, before flipping.

Have you run coco before?

S

snickerss

Thanks for trying to figure out what I wrote seamaden Running a SoG for me was to much work for me So I want to run a few larger plants instead. transplanted a couple of them last night into 3 gallon smart pots Im gonna let them veg for another 3 weeks in the 3 gallon then flower. Total veg time will be 7 weeks. was a little worried about them getting root bound will see how it gos.

Nope never ran coco before but so far loving it. Did enough reading to figure out what needed to be done, and as of right now not having any problems. Coco, perlite and some worm poop. The plants look great.

Latest posts

Top Bottom