Coco Trees

• Thread starter deacon1503
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
deacon1503

deacon1503

Looks Great D!But i was just wondering if your air pump isnt pulling in warm air off your chiller with it sitting right there?Besides that, looks like your killin it. peace,fuzzy

the chiller doesnt run much other than when i initially fill the rez so not much heat is produced overall. even with the ap running 24/7 a full rez without chiller stays about 72.

what an awesome, epic and incredibly impressive grow! those bushes are huge.

Killer setup bro, very professional and clean.

thank you!

deacon1503

deacon1503

* the above big room pics were at day 34, not 35.

update day 39:

DSC04108
DSC04109
DSC04110
DSC04111
DSC04112
DSC04113
DSC04114
DSC04115

H

hogan400

After seeing the coco/Uc get down here, I might have to build one. Them look fantastic man. What would you do different and is there a simplified building method you think? I love my Uc and that thing is going off in veg right now but Im still weary of root problems...

Are the roots packing the buckets under the smarty's?
Have you had any condensate pump issues? Any halo's or feed lines giving you hell?
Ima read the entire thread real quick here and may have a couple other questions.

P

phup

Deacon those coco trees are killing it, I'm a very experienced grower and I must say I'm impressed. I run a 48kw 48 site UC grow (plus another 48kw dirt room) and have grown weary of the constant issues and accompanying stress that goes along with rdwc. It's quite frustrating to have a dialed room that is struggling due to the finickiness of the UC. As a result I've decided to switch coco/hydroton and am in the process of sizing pots.
Looks like you've chosen perlite over hydroton, (correct?) and have also gone with 7 (???) gallon pots. I am amazed that you can grow large trees with 7 gallons as we use 20 gallon pots for our dirt room. Do you
Notice the plants stress with the small pots? What would you do differently now that you've had a successful coco run? Once again props to your set-up and know there are others like you out there facing the same thing.

deacon1503

deacon1503

After seeing the coco/Uc get down here, I might have to build one. Them look fantastic man. What would you do different and is there a simplified building method you think? I love my Uc and that thing is going off in veg right now but Im still weary of root problems...

Are the roots packing the buckets under the smarty's?
Have you had any condensate pump issues? Any halo's or feed lines giving you hell?
Ima read the entire thread real quick here and may have a couple other questions.

thanks hogan. there isnt any hempy action here at all. the smartys sit 8" up in the buckets so they can fully drain. condensate pumps as in for the AC? room is cooled by 2 3ton window units that each have a drain. halos have been good and the all lines are a min of 1/2". when figuring a setup with halos, always make sure ull have plenty of pressure.

what kind of yield do you get per plant with your setup?

thats strain dependent but nothing under 1.5# however most are 2# +/-.

Deacon those coco trees are killing it, I'm a very experienced grower and I must say I'm impressed. I run a 48kw 48 site UC grow (plus another 48kw dirt room) and have grown weary of the constant issues and accompanying stress that goes along with rdwc. It's quite frustrating to have a dialed room that is struggling due to the finickiness of the UC. As a result I've decided to switch coco/hydroton and am in the process of sizing pots.
Looks like you've chosen perlite over hydroton, (correct?) and have also gone with 7 (???) gallon pots. I am amazed that you can grow large trees with 7 gallons as we use 20 gallon pots for our dirt room. Do you
Notice the plants stress with the small pots? What would you do differently now that you've had a successful coco run? Once again props to your set-up and know there are others like you out there facing the same thing.

those are kind words thank you.

the media is roots organics soil less coco mix right out of the bag. its got a bunch of good stuff in it. the bag now has purple leaves on it. great stuff. plus an inoculation at transplant with Caps bennies. i saw no stress that i could attribute to the pot size.

from now on ill be checking run off more often in addition to using the technique mentioned here: to check media ph and EC. were also going to trim more/better at week 3 and 6. weekly tea feedings too. theres more but my list is elsewhere at the moment.

dankworth

dankworth

I have become convinced that the overhead/vert combo causes optimal light values all up and down the bearing surface of the plant.
That way, you can get 1-2ers and chop the whole thing, and have all the flowers be about the same stage of ripeness.
Should make trimming easier and faster as well.
Less scissor swipes per bushel.

Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan

I have become convinced that the overhead/vert combo causes optimal light values all up and down the bearing surface of the plant.
That way, you can get 1-2ers and chop the whole thing, and have all the flowers be about the same stage of ripeness.
Should make trimming easier and faster as well.
Less scissor swipes per bushel.

Seriously. The issue for me would be convincing investors that it works. I have a feeling that saying "oh go check out the countless forum threads about it" won't do the trick. I absolutely love the horiz/vert combo.

H

hogan400

I was thinking you are removing the waste water after feeding with a condensate pump? If so does it plug up or cause you issues? If not, how do are you removing waste and keeping the pump safe?

SweetTooth

SweetTooth

how many days of veg will you go before your satisfied to flip those beasts?

limes

limes

You've got skills dude.

Those things look like christmas trees! Haha, wouldnt mind one of them in my living room over christmas.

Limes

carBon.14

carBon.14

quote="deacon1503, post: 860459, member: 12523"]
thats strain dependent but nothing under 1.5# however most are 2# +/-.
/quote]

that's awesome. would love to pull in yields like that.

GhostFace

GhostFace

how many days to you let them go total? some look mature and some look to have a few weeks left to go!?

Top Bottom