Coco veg going wacky

• Thread starter BCrocker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KennyPowers

KennyPowers

no way do those small ass girls need more food. everyone who thinks so needs to really take a look at the ratios they are feeding.

K

kushtrees

I use CNS17 hydro formula it's has good ratios for chow mix, good amount of K and Ca.

Those leaf pics are not a Ca def.

As far as feed strength goes its very very strain dependent. Anyone who says .9 EC is strong enough wih the right ratio hasn't had a heavy feeder. It's also medium and environment dependent, that might work great for DWC, but with coco most people go over 1.0 EC, might work with t5s but when you have a 1k a foot and a half away they will prolly need more

The right ratio is very important though and that's why I dnt like canna coco base that low of K is very unique to canna. I dnt know anyone who gets really into nute profiles to like 50 ppms of K. Look at caps forumulas, spurs, dankworths, Lucas even, none of them go below 100ppms K.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

the only plants i've ever seen look like that were overwatered like mad...when you overwater they don't drink and especially if you over water with heavy water you will lock EVERYTHING out of your plant...that's what those guys look like. let them drink a little bit then flush those pots out with a light feed around 200ppm...i've brought plants like that back but it takes at lease a month and they'll never be fully healthy, those purple stems will stay for a while most likely when a plant is that deficient in phosphorus it's pretty bad.

good luck though brotha, hopefully it's something else!

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

I've also noticed some of the perlite on top is green with algae. As is some that is showing through the bottom drain holes at the bottom of the pot.

didn't even see this before - OVERWATERED COCO. i'll bet your roots are transparent-looking and brown/yellow...let those babes dry out - even take a shotvac and suck water out of the drain holes.

overwatering them like that is really easy to do if the coco has ever completely dried out - when the roots lose moisture in coco it's pretty hard on the plant in general and the media def changes once the salts in there resolidify. hard salts on weak roots...no bueno.

Georgekush22

Georgekush22

didn't even see this before - OVERWATERED COCO. i'll bet your roots are transparent-looking and brown/yellow...let those babes dry out - even take a shotvac and suck water out of the drain holes.

overwatering them like that is really easy to do if the coco has ever completely dried out - when the roots lose moisture in coco it's pretty hard on the plant in general and the media def changes once the salts in there resolidify. hard salts on weak roots...no bueno.
I agree with We Solidarity, specially if you are seeing algae on ur perlite to me that seems to be an obvious sign of overwatering.

BCrocker

BCrocker

Let these dry out a bit, fed like normal again since. All but 2 plants have turned around fine. Thx for the advice everyone

S

sumo

If all else fails grab a bottle of flora nova grow n bloom. Water em at 1tsp per gal. I would say its either nutrient deficient or water logged. Plants don't grow wet or dry they grow in the in between time. If you don't know what the problem is, feeding em flora nova will at least knock nut def out of the equation, then if your still having problems it is most likely your water logging em. Also make sure your environment is on point. Sit under the light where your plants are and how ever you feel the plants feel the same way, sounds stupid but helps. If you feel hot and stuffy you need more air movement. If its cold you need heat in the way of a heater or another 1000watter.

grower4life

grower4life

Whats the RO water temp? it should be no less than 68 and no more than 72, that looks like cal mag defency due to cold ro water which would cause a cold root base even if room temp is 80 or 81. commen issue when winter hits, also plants are pretty bib for wht your feeding them , i would be more in the range of 1.8 to 2.0 . once you figure out if the water is to cold and causing a nutrient uptake problem i would bump them up .2 to .3 ec each feeding till i hit 1.8 to 2.0 and i bet that will meke a huge difference.
thats my 2 cents worth. hope all works out for u

Top Bottom