Coco Watering Frequency

• Thread starter 3 balls
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
3 balls

3 balls

By watering I mean water/feeding. In other words, adding liquid.
You can search 100 forums on this topic like I did and you fill find 100 to 1 that you cant over water coco.
Examples:
You have to water everyday to deliver oxygen.
The rule of coco is if it looks wet- water, if it looks kind of wet- water, if it looks dry- you fucked up.
The coco I use is Royal Gold Tupur and it says you CAN water it up to six times a day.

After nine months (when I switched to coco) of thinking I was insane, I writing this to my 9 months ago self in the hopes it will help somebody out.
You can over water coco AFTER TRANSPLANTING, the leaves will shrivel under like a crinkle cut French fry. You have to let the roots develop, after that have at it.

The question I have for my future self or better yet, some of you coco veterans, is beyond never letting it get dry which I'm able to do by watering every other day to run off. Unless you were really bored, why would you water multiple times a day?

These are just my opinions, I know I have a lot to learn and in ten years I will still have a lot to learn.;)

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I’m interested as well. I’m making the switch on a couple plants to see how it compares to the soil mix I’m currently using.

bicky studs

bicky studs

By watering I mean water/feeding. In other words, adding liquid.
You can search 100 forums on this topic like I did and you fill find 100 to 1 that you cant over water coco.
Examples:
You have to water everyday to deliver oxygen.
The rule of coco is if it looks wet- water, if it looks kind of wet- water, if it looks dry- you fucked up.
The coco I use is Royal Gold Tupur and it says you CAN water it up to six times a day.

After nine months (when I switched to coco) of thinking I was insane, I writing this to my 9 months ago self in the hopes it will help somebody out.
You can over water coco AFTER TRANSPLANTING, the leaves will shrivel under like a crinkle cut French fry. You have to let the roots develop, after that have at it.

The question I have for my future self or better yet, some of you coco veterans, is beyond never letting it get dry which I'm able to do by watering every other day to run off. Unless you were really bored, why would you water multiple times a day?

These are just my opinions, I know I have a lot to learn and in ten years I will still have a lot to learn.;)
im no pro but imo it all depends on pot size n root mass.... in full beast mode i feed 6x... every 2 hrs but thats 4-5' plants in 1 gallon pots full of roots, they need it or they would dry out!
2-3 gal ist a didferent storey.

ur right with transplanting.... takes a week or so for the pot to fill again.

as for why.... imo replenishing needed nutes/ flushing unneeded as much as the medium will allow must be benificial.... its about having everything the plant needs availible for uptake and getting into that beast mode that coco is known for
this is a 1/4gal pot but in flower i wouldnt keep up, probly need to water every 1/2 hour as there isnt much medium left to hold ur nute solution..
IMG 0255

hope this helps in sumway

bicky studs

bicky studs

im no pro but imo it all depends on pot size n root mass.... in full beast mode i feed 6x... every 2 hrs but thats 4-5' plants in 1 gallon pots full of roots, they need it or they would dry out!

as for why.... imo replenishing needed nutes/ flushing unneeded as much as the medium will allow must be benificial.... its about having everything the plant needs availible for uptake and getting into that beast mode that coco is known for
this is a 1/4gal pot but in flower i wouldnt keep up, probly need to water every 1/2 hour as there isnt much medium left to hold ur nute solution..View attachment 839817
and the oxygen swap...

3 balls

3 balls

this is a 1/4gal pot but in flower i wouldnt keep up, probly need to water every 1/2 hour as there isnt much medium left to hold ur nute solution..View attachment 839817
I can completely see why you are stuck watering so often. Why are you keeping a 4 foot plant in 1 gal pots and not something bigger?

3 balls

3 balls

and the oxygen swap...
Just checked out your thread, I get what your doing. I like your setup. I would consider it damn near hydro. Like I said, I like it, you did a nice job. Imo your setup is on the unique side and the average joe using 3,5,7 gal pots could get confused if they don't look at your thread first. BTW you're growing some beautiful stuff man!

bicky studs

bicky studs

Just checked out your thread, I get what your doing. I like your setup. I would consider it damn near hydro. Like I said, I like it, you did a nice job. Imo your setup is on the unique side and the average joe using 3,5,7 gal pots could get confused if they don't look at your thread first. BTW you're growing some beautiful stuff man!
thanks m8.
u got it, coco is like hydro. once u get the hang of it its easy.

ladiesbstfrd

ladiesbstfrd

T

That's 1 hell of a root system you have there

Top Bottom