coco woes Help please

• Thread starter soaringfast
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
soaringfast

soaringfast

Things are not getting any better.

The one thing thats different in my sealed rooms is that they are sealed.

I believe that my problems are coming from the cheap blow molded pots I'm using. Off gassing!

What else could it be? I take the same plants and put them in unsealed room and they green up and all the new growth is beautiful.

F

Farmer Bros.

What brand of coco/nutes are you using. Always test your batches w/ r.o. water to determine possible salt toxicity. Start with high quality coco. Most of the good stuff (Atami, Canna, and Royal Gold) is washed of excess salt and buffered to remove excess potassium and replace it with cal. mg. If you are using r.o. water add some cal. mg. at half strength. remember less is more. A good start is feed, feed, water. Check Ph. and ppm of runoff. Any serious fluctuations can be addressed by adjusting Ph. and ppm's. During veg. keep Co2 levels at around 700ppm. Bump it up to 1500ppm when they are done with their stretch. Too much Co2, those girls will shoot to the moon! No bueno! Good gear, good coco, good nutes, and watch the runoff.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Things are not getting any better.

The one thing thats different in my sealed rooms is that they are sealed.

I believe that my problems are coming from the cheap blow molded pots I'm using. Off gassing!

What else could it be? I take the same plants and put them in unsealed room and they green up and all the new growth is beautiful.
What else could be off-gassing? Those cheap pots have never presented a problem, but if you feel strongly they're a common factor, then remove them as a possible source of trouble. I don't know what would be better to use for an indoor situation, though.

I hope you get this sorted out quickly. That would unnerve me, I think.

J

Jalisco Kid

Mine was a lock out. Flushed with kelp,b1,iron under 200 ppm for 3 days. Added a N mixture at 300 ppm for a day then 400 ppm of a balances veg solution. Second day they started moving. Sprayed a branch with iron the first day and saw a difference. iron/cal for me seems to get locked out the easiest in my room. I would bet knowing my guy he used too much molasses. The run off was a dark red like new coir. JK
Hope you find and cure your problem soon.

pussOGbrah

pussOGbrah

hey soaring fast ever figure this out??

i use to grow in coco in blow molded pots --sealed room. Nothing but issues. i would top and repot andwait eventually they get healthy and it comes out good but the slow turnover was not good. I got fed up, went unsealed and everything goes in from veg thru flower healthy..but looking back on it i suspect i was running my rooms too cold with the ac v.s. my unsealed rooms.

sealed i was running ~74-76f and my rh was always low. Colder air cant hold as much humidity and doesnt cause the plants to have to drink alot too cool off. But the plants were still getting blasted with light and co2 so they needed alot of food to keep up with photosynthesis but since they couldnt eat enough because they werent drinking enough they appeared deficient.

Calcium is also dependent on water uptake since it isnt mobile so if your plants are growing super fast with low water uptake they cant get enough calcium unless you blast the medium with strong base nute strengths or a cal supplement.

I havent been able to test my theory because i dont have a sealed room to experiment with..

let me kno if you have any insight

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

I'm feeding the exact same. Temps are 81 rh has been low but I'm raising it to 55 or so.
I have been feeding about 640ppm.

Ambient temperatures at 81 with RH at 50-55% is a little off. Plants could be transpiring in excess using water faster than food and causing the low 640ppm to shoot up in the media. With ambient temps at 81 your RH should be 85-65% for healthy vapor
pressure deficit. When in doubt, flush it out.
Vapor pressure deficit relative humidity chart small

Mr.X

Mr.X

Up the ppm's and foliar feed with epsom salt @ 5ml per gal. A teaspoon. Add 5ml 2 your nute solution for every feeding from now on. Cali magic is excellent.

N

nightmarecreature

I know this thread is old but that is a clear Zinc deficiency. Zinc is immobile. It's a PH issue or lack of micronutrients that occur with Iron and Manganese. That's why I foliar spray micros, just in case.

Top Bottom