coco woes Help please

• Thread starter soaringfast
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
soaringfast

soaringfast

I have been having nothing but problems running coco in my sealed rooms.
My unsealed rooms do superb in contrary.

Is this too much water? a lock out of some kind or?

Coco woes  help please
Coco woes  help please 2
TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Too much water is the first thing that comes to mind. Do you let the pots dry out somewhat between feedings? I suppose you are feeding the sealed and vented room plants the same nutes exactly? The only difference is sealed? How about temps and RH? No bugs in the coco right? Possibly the plants in the vented room are transpiring at a faster rate? Any other info would be helpful.

-TF

soaringfast

soaringfast

I'm feeding the exact same. Temps are 81 rh has been low but I'm raising it to 55 or so.
I have not been letting the pots dry too much because I don't do that in the unsealed rooms
I have been feeding about 640ppm.
Maybe too little feeding?
The roots are beautiful white and the pots are pretty full of them.
I also have a plant in the room that looks great! It's a different variety

BTW only the new growth is doing the yellowing. The old growth from my veg area is a nice rich green.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have NEVER seen anything like that, and you offer woefully little information for anyone, even the kind Trichrome Fan, to give you much help.

Initially it appeared to be a Ca/Mg deficiency, but the other photo?

Woefully little information to go by.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Not 100% sure obviously without being there, but I would look to the pots drying out a bit more between feedings perhaps. You could always try it on a plant or group of plants first. Do you have co2 enrichment in that room?

-TF

C

cheech

That's not nutrient burn? I had that problem and I checked the runoff and it somehow had gotten up to 3.6 ec. The burning kept progressing in words until the fan leaves fell off then the little bud leaves got it. Yield was ruined, I should have just started over.

S

sfzoo

never seen that either.
initially thought calmag, but if its the same coco w/ the same nutes...something else is goin on.

is it the whole room? or just one strain? just one plant?

woefully inadequate information, woefully. lol, seamaiden.

edit: i'm not seeing the overwatering. i wouldn't recommend lettin coco dry out.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

When I say to let it dry more, I don't mean totally dry. That is bad. I just mean to watch the wet to dry cycle. IE, don't water again if the pot is still real heavy from the last feeding. I find that the plants especially when newly transplanted have a tougher time getting enough oxygen in the root zone, untill the roots can have time to explore the larger container.

-TF

soaringfast

soaringfast

Everything is the same as my unsealed rooms.

I think there is too much moisture in the "pure coco"

I have to fill one of my unsealed areas today. Do I'm going to take these out and put them in a unsealed room.

I'm going to make a aeration mix for this sealed room with new plants and see what happens.

My theory is the moisture has no where to go but into the dehuey and that can only do so much compared to air exchange of the room every few seconds.

I'm going to go way less water this time and hope for the best.

A

Apophis

cut 1 bag open at bottom from each room....is there a difference in appearance of the roots? tape back cut.

budboy299

budboy299

Coco has many different grades of texture.

The finest being pith which I liken to sawdust. I found that fine coco will hold too much water if it is not cut with anything.

This would be my guess but best thing to do is to look to the roots. Waterlogged roots could be causing this. Not alot you can do about that at this point but remember it for next time.

Using a courser mixture seemed to work better for me. Coco chunks along with the finer grades and some perlite or rice hulls or something of that sort as well.

Coco needs to drain quite readily and not pool water inside the containers.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Pure pith will work like a charm if you don't over water it. Trust me After a while you will like it when you have to feed 4 times or more a day (pot size dependent).

Thx sea lol by no means am I the goto guy. I asked about the CO2 as this is something I was just dealing with in veg. Have ran sealed rooms for a while but never vegged in a sealed room. My burner is still off and they are kicking ass and taking names. With the burner on, even at 250 ppm in early veg, they would look over-watered, droopy, and start to yellow a little. Almost kind of what was happening to yours. Just a thought. Other than that I'm out on the nute debate. Was never good in that department ;)

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
my first thought was did u flush the coco( what brand was it?) is your unsealed room also in coco?

confu...

soaringfast

soaringfast

I took all those plants out and put them in my unsealed room.

I put a new batch in today in a mix that will drain much better and I did not water too much.

I'm going to turn the CO2 burner off until they are well established.
I have been very suspicious of the burner for many of the problems I have been going through in my sealed rooms.

I will post pics of the new girls.

Thank you so much for all the help. I think we have solved my problems.

I drifted from my mantra of "less is more".

soaringfast

soaringfast

I took all those plants out and put them in my unsealed room.

I put a new batch in today in a mix that will drain much better and I did not water too much.

I'm going to turn the CO2 burner off until they are well established.
I have been very suspicious of the burner for many of the problems I have been going through in my sealed rooms.

I will post pics of the new girls.

Thank you so much for all the help. I think we have solved my problems.

I drifted from my mantra of "less is more".

J

Jalisco Kid

I do not believe it was/is co2 causing the yellow. Removing plants from the room you learned what? I would have looked at the roots, if they were healthy I would try some different foliar sprays.
I just got back up, my apprentice quit after getting spider mites on one plant,this after he had scales, pm, root aphids, then the mites. I left him to his ways knowing he was going to owe me in the end,some people just do not want to accept help. Figuring they can grow as good as this old fool.
Anyways I have some plants in veg that looks like yours. I thought he had RA again because it looks like a mag dif. I cut one container open,then cut the root ball in half. No unhealthy roots or bugs. Sprayed the last two days with dif nutrients on dif branches too early to tell. No co2. If I just saw a pic I would have guessed cold roots, but being in socal right now that just is not the problem here.
I will post back here if I discover the problem. Also bought him a new batch of nutes in case there was a bad batch,not that that has ever happened before. JK

Top Bottom