Coconut Making Me Nuts!

• Thread starter Sugarleaf Treats
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sugarleaf Treats

We have been processing our trim into butter for the last few years. We have had great results from the butter. Recently we began extracting with Coconut oil based on it's alleged ability extract more THC.

The process we use is crockpot on low (temps reach about 220 F) for 8-10 hours. We use 2 OZs of OG Trim (weighed after it has been finely trimmed) to a pound of butter (same ration when making butter). The oil seems to come out light. When compared to the butter it is super light. While cooking the crockpot appeared to be emerald green. Should I be concerned about the color of the butter? Is 8-10 hours long enough to extract the THC?

Any recommendations would be helpful. If there are any prop 215 patients in Southern CA that would like some FREE samples please let me know. Looking for feed back.

datDANK

datDANK

use a pressure cooker instead... this is the true secret of CANNAOIL. there is a youtube video out there

perfect method.. i wouldn't use any other method.. shit comes out strong strong strong

S

Sugarleaf Treats

Thanks Dat I will look for that video. Sorry to hear about Overeem's failed test. That would have been a great fight.

mandala

mandala

Damn, using a pressure cooker to cook oil? Sounds dangerous. Imagine above-boiling hot oil pissing out of that thing if something went wrong. Makes me shudder.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Sounds really good, and coconut oil is healthy for heating/cooking at higher temps, unlike a lot of oils. To do it with no green flavor, I would first run a simple bho extract and just add that to the oil. You won't need to heat it nearly as long, maybe an hour to be sure it's all decarboxylated, but your temp sounds about right. If you take my advice try small batch first so I don't 'lead you off a cliff'' as some might say ;)

Top Bottom