Coconut oil infused lollipop walkthrough

• Thread starter ninjadip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ninjadip

ninjadip

Coconut oil Infused Lollipops​

Hey y'all!! I love you guys!! I am glad i found a place i can share my enthusiasm for all things cannabis! lol

Now this is nothing novel, but the results are so good that I am going to share how i make my infused lollipops.
This recipe is going to assume you already have infused oil on hand and not get into the makings of that.

This makes 12 lollipops plus a little extra i use for whatever(maybe 15-16 pops it makes if being exact, but i only have molds for 12)

Little Disclaimer:​

The most important gem in all of this I can pass on for making hard candy is to HAVE EVERYTHING READY TO GO. You will not have time to play around and look through cabinets, open containers, etc... once at the very end of the candy stage. So you should have everything you will need out and ready to go. The last part must be done with haste and with care, HOT LIQUID HARD CANDY IS 300 degrees so PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!!!!! You can easily burn your skin right off with serious burns if not using proper protection and/or by being careless. If you have children i would definitely make sure they are not around your feet when you are moving the hot candy to pour in your molds.

here i have my tools and molds out, i made my infused oil right before this, that's why the coconut oil is there. The lemon squeezer is used for the squeezing the cheese cloth to get all the oil out. I love these little 2x4" cheese cloth bags for decarbing and infusing.

Coconut oil infused lollipop walkthrough
Coconut oil infused lollipop walkthrough 2
Coconut oil infused lollipop walkthrough 3

Ingredients:​

1/4 cup water
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 cup sugar(will work with white or raw)
1/8-1/4 cup infused coconut oil

optional:​

1 dram of flavor oil
food coloring

tools:​

candy thermometer (must be able to go to 300f degrees(hard crack stage))
med non-stick sauce pot (use your best non-stick pot)
silicone spatula
silicone molds* (i think it's smart to use adult based molds to lower the risk of accidental consumption by unknowing others)

*if you don't have a mold you can just use parchment paper and pour the candy directly on it to make ribbon like candy

If you didn't read above, get all of your ingredients and molds ready before you continue.

Directions:

1) put corn syrup, sugar, and water into your sauce pot
2) setup your candy thermometer to the side of the pot to get as low as possible without touching the bottom of the pot, you want to measure the sugar temp not the temperature of the pot
3) turn the heat to med-high (on my electric stove i have to use the setting between med-high and high)
4) as the mixture heats you should only stir it once, which is when it looks like below. You are just going to stir it enough to mix it, and you should only do this once. (i'm not sure why, but that's what the OG recipe says, i follow this and it works great)
Coconut oil infused lollipop walkthrough 4

5) now that the mixture is dissolved, you are just going to watch it cook. we are waiting for the mixture to reach 300 degrees Fahrenheit. This will take about 5-10 minutes. Do not turn the heat to 100% high just because you think it is taking too long. This would burn the sugars. Wait, be patient, and do NOT stir anymore
Should look like below as the temperature rises. Do not be alarmed, but be ready.
Coconut oil infused lollipop walkthrough 5

6) When the temperature reaches 300 degrees IMMEDIATELY take the pot off the heat and turn the stove off.
7) add the flavoring, color, and infused oil. I found that you can get up to a 1/4 cup oil in there. This is the tweak to the OG recipe which calls for a max of 3 TBSP. Big difference.
8) STIR STIR STIR!!!@!@!#! Stir with a small spatula like in the pictures, you want something you can stir without flinging any hot candy on yourself or at others.
9) You might think you fucked it up when it looks like below, but do not fret! it will at first appear as if the two will stay separated and not combine, just keep stirring. TRUST ME
Coconut oil infused lollipop walkthrough 6

10) STIR some more!! And it will all start to make sense, this recipe, the universe, everything
Coconut oil infused lollipop walkthrough 7

11) Eventually you will feel the oil has sufficiently combined with the candy, this will happen as it cools, that's why you need to keep fucking stirring like a madman. In a loose sense we are "hacking" the candy recipe by forcing more oil in there than normally would allow by using its own hard crack stage against itself. Takes 1-5 minutes depending on the universe at the time
12) Pour into your molds.
13) Pour any excess onto plain parchment paper in a ribbon like movement.
14) let cool for 30-60 minutes, pop, bag, seal. Not sure if it's necessary but I store mine in the refrigerator until i take them out of the house.

This was made using one dram of peach flavoring, two drops of yellow and one drop of red food coloring. Getting the color right can be tricky. Less is more. Don't go into the 3-5 drop range unless very careful or you will just have brown.
Coconut oil infused lollipop walkthrough 8

I think the amazing taste for these comes from the amount of coconut oil in them. @PerfecTrader can vouch for their flavor and effect. I have given them(and sold some) to many of my friends who have given me nothing but praises. I love the hard candy edible as it is consumed very slowly, allowing me to pause, and the effects come on very slowly but last. This great combination makes it hard to "overdose" on them by eating too much on accident. These are a great stress reliever for work or on the go. They don't smell like most edibles which makes them much more discrete.

Extra tips:​

If you find you are stirring too much or you don't like that part, reduce the amount of oil from 1/4 cup to 1/8 cup and this will reduce a lot of that difficulty.

If you want increased difficulty, do a half mold fill of one color, let cool slightly, then top off with a second color.

TSD

TSD

This is a more accurate color of the candy, really happy it came out peach colored I think. Getting the color right can be tricky
Aesthetics are not that important to me, I try to avoid the artificial colors... maybe I'll look for a natural color alternative if I decide to share... but I feel like light green weed color is fine for my own purposes lol.

ninjadip

ninjadip

Aesthetics are not that important to me, I try to avoid the artificial colors... maybe I'll look for a natural color alternative if I decide to share... but I feel like light green weed color is fine for my own purposes lol.
Yeah let me know, I can see how maybe grape or cranberry concentrate could be used instead. Would be interesting to try different things

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

I’ve been infusing coconut oil for many years and for last few months have been making rso and infusing with gummies.
There are tons of recipes out there but most are full of terrible ingredients.
To me adding a cup of sugar to a recipe made with such healing properties is counter productive.
It’s like smoking your herb wrapped in a cancerous tobacco wrap.(blunt)
I freeze my infused coconut oil molds and just pop them in my mouth without adding anything and find the best results.
Sugar free gummies for rso
Food for thought

SSgrower

SSgrower

I may try this myself and I also want some RSO for a Canna-Nurse client I have. They have neuropathy. I am helping with the diabetes concerning diet. Cheers SS

TSD

TSD

Yeah let me know, I can see how maybe grape or cranberry concentrate could be used instead. Would be interesting to try different things
They make all natural flavors and colors too that are made from plants and spices, they're supposed to work the same as the synthetic stuff.

TSD

TSD

@ninjadip was it you that said you had Crohn's? Probably best to steer clear of as much synthetic dye as possible, some studies show it can be an irritant.
Screenshot 20230314 103057 Chrome

I just avoid it cause it's bad for you in general... I have enough shit going on in my brain without stupid dye doing more weird shit lol.

TSD

TSD

Those are the exact dyes I have, good to know they are the good ones lol. I'll look into those natural flavors, thank you
I'll deal with slightly less vibrancy to avoid synthetic dyes... taking it old school, that's how everything used to be dyed, plants and spices and such.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Oh and my kid visibly and clearly acts crazy if he eats Red dye 40... so that's enough proof for me.
Had the same problem til 15. Hopefully your kid grows out of that. It sucks cause red 40 is in almoat everything.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

My .02

What I don't get is Who Cares? If these were for retail sale then, yes, make 'em pretty but we're about cerebral effects not visual. Who cares if they don't look like the candy you see in candy stores. If they get me fucked up that's what matters. Forget about the food coloring. It adds nothing to the product as far as performance. I prefer you spend your money on making them more potent than pretty.

Top Bottom