Cocotek A & B Nutrients / Lemon Og Kush

• Thread starter ClassV
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ClassV

ClassV

GH introduce Cocotek Nutrients last year. I was interested in seeing how these coco specific nutes might pan out. A thread under Nutrients and Ferilizers addresses these as well. I decided to give them a run. Can't complain about the Flora Series, but I was thinking about going to Canna or H&H for coco specific nutes, and I liked some things about the Cocotek nutrient profile, so I'm trying them now on a small grow of Lemon OG!

Nutrients:
Cocotek A and B
Grow: 4-2-5
Bloom 3-5-6

Attitives: [ These are available but I won't necessarily use all of them, or try to lean on them. ]
Rhizo
Roots Excelurator
Drip clean
Diamond nector
Floralicious Plus
Canna Boost
Liquid KoolBloom
Protek

Environment: 3 x 3 grow tent. Forced exhaust, passive intake.
MH for veg and HPS for flowering.

drewski85

drewski85

Any pics? I've always wanted to get the lemon OG cut

ClassV

ClassV

Hi Drewski! Proof of life. 15 days old.

IMG 02311

ClassV

ClassV

About the strain: These plants are from Fem seeds from DNA Genetics: Their Lemon Skunk X OG 18. Planted four seeds directly in the coco. Four sprouts a few days later. One of em looks pretty weak, the other three seem right as rain. I'll select two for the run at transplant time.

LEDSMOKE

LEDSMOKE

I started using their nutes. About 6-7ml per gallon and works great. About 1.2 ec with no deficiencies or burn.

G

gonnagro

They look nice, but a little older than 15 days, especially back right. Could be the nutes though.

ClassV

ClassV

They look nice, but a little older than 15 days, especially back right. Could be the nutes though.

Thanks, man. Started counting the day they stood up which was the 23rd, and they went right under the MH. I don't feed seedlings much, mostly calmag and RE, and I give em all the blue light they can take and try to keep RH pretty high. Genetics make the difference too.

ClassV

ClassV

25 days old. These are a little behind schedule. Transplanted yesterday, and they bounced right back even though they are a little underfed. I'm still getting the feel for the concentrations of the Cocotek nutes. The roots look good. As you might expect, Ca and Mg are still an issue with these base nutes, but the ratios seem to be fine so far. [ My well water comes in at 0.05 EC ]. I also had a small battle with fungus gnats thanks to unseasonably damp weather and warm temps, but tamped that down with some Azamax and sticky traps. 4rth node is coming in.

Even underfed, the DNA Lemon OG is pretty vigorous. I’ll give them another day to adapt to the new pot, then start upping the feed gradually. They have been getting Calimagic and base nutes steadily, with a splash of RE, Floralicous, and Diamond Nectar here and there. Been feeding at .3 to .4 EC, with one wallop of .6 the day before transplanting.

The Cocotek nutes seem fine so far, and easier to adjust for concentration than the 3 part. I especially like that the N comes in lower than Ca. Makes Calmag supplementation easier.

IMG 02342

IMG 02341
ClassV

ClassV

4 weeks old yesterday. Roots hit bottom and the foliage is taking off again. Pretty plants. Sixth node coming in. I'll give them a low EC feed tomorrow, treat with Azamax to insure the FGs are done. Have not seen fliers since the last treatment, and it has dried out a lot around here. I'll top em tomorrow as well, then on Thursday I'll start upping the feed again. The Cocotek nutes have been very smooth. Much smoother in my setup than the 3 part, either by the GH schedule or 6/9. Could be the strain, though.

IMG 02391

ClassV

ClassV

Topped em above the third node this morning and took the branches at the first node to get four leaders. I kept the tops for cuttings. Two distinct phenos: One is a taller, faster developing girl, and the other is more squat. I had read about the phenos online, and of the four seedlings I had two of each type and selected the best of each. The roots are coming along nicely. These girls should be taking off once they sort out apical dominance. I’ll have a better idea of the structure soon, but at this point they seem inclined to branch out, as per DNAs description.

Nothing fussy about these girls so far, and the Cocotek Nutes have worked out fine. I really like the lower N in this profile. I got em up to .7 EC before they started balking a bit. They want more Ca, but they are taking up more base nutes as well. So far, so good. I’ll start adding a little Protek from time to time now that they are settled in and topped. I have read that DNA's Lemon Kush can get pretty viney.

The second treatment with Azamax was applied yesterday morning. The stuff does not seem to bother the plants. Saw one flier in the kitchen, but have not seen any in the tent. I need to put out those sticky traps again. Been lazy about that. I’ve been reading where other folks have recently been dealing the Fungus Gnats too. I’m hoping I got off easy.

IMG 02401

Danky Mcnugs

Danky Mcnugs

Looking really good @ClassV. I'm the one who posted the coco tec thread. Glad you decided to give them a shot bc Noone else has! Plants look great man! They look to be taking on that food very well and looks like they love it! Keep it up man, I'm watching!

ClassV

ClassV

Hi Danky! Thanks for stopping by!

Your CocoTek thread was very helpful in making the decision to stick with GH. I’ll update you guys on that thread when I flip these girls to 12/12. Then it will be time to go to the Bloom Formula. Still a little scared of the 3-5-6 from those bottles, but I’m game to try it. GH definitely got the Grow formula right.

With the 3 part, N was tied to all the micros at 5%, and the Grow bottle was never useful to me because N was tied to K. With these N is at 4% with Ca still at 5%. P seemed pretty low, but I have not had any issues with N or P on this grow so far, and PH has been very steady. I’m impressed so far!

Last edited:
ClassV

ClassV

Pushed the EC of solution to .9 and got a bit of tip burn. Backed off and all is well. Still happy with the Cocotek nutes. Another treatment with Azamax to keep the Fungus Gnats and other critters in check. Finally drying out and getting cooler around here. The fliers from outside should be less of a threat pretty soon.

Tied em down in a 4 way LST. These girls definitely branch out. Not sure if that is the Lemon Skunk or the OG18 expressing itself. Maybe both.

IMG 02471

IMG 02481

ClassV

ClassV

Thanks, Dank! For me, the Cocotek Grow formula is easier and smoother than the GH schedule or 6/9 with the 3 part Flora Series in coco. Nothing huge, just easier to find ratios with than the GH schedule, and smoother than the N issues that come up with 6/9. It’s almost too easy.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I got a free sample about a year ago. I was buying the base nutes and the dude at the store told me to try them out and see if I like it better than the 6/9 I was doing.
I used it on 2 plants and they were better looking all around compared to the plants getting the 6/9 formula I was using.

ClassV

ClassV

I got a free sample about a year ago. I was buying the base nutes and the dude at the store told me to try them out and see if I like it better than the 6/9 I was doing.
I used it on 2 plants and they were better looking all around compared to the plants getting the 6/9 formula I was using.

Thanks for stopping in Smokey! There is not a lot of info posted by growers concerning this new line. If you get a chance, you should consider dropping that knowledge in Danky's thread over in nutrients and fertilizers. I think a lot of 6/9 growers are probably mulling over the change.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/general-hydroponics-cocotek-nutrients.74636/

ClassV

ClassV

More unseasonably warm weather, high humidity, flooding, power issues, and Gnats. Thought I was out of the woods, but Mother Nature says not so fast...

Latest posts

Top Bottom