Cocotek A & B Nutrients / Lemon Og Kush

• Thread starter ClassV
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ClassV

ClassV

6 weeks old. Pruned em a bit. The damage to the one leaf on the left is from getting stuck on a sticky trap. These girls are very light feeders so far. They branch aggressively and are a little sensitive to N. I have already taken several shoots. The lower N to Ca ratio with the Cocotek nutes remains a plus.

Should be flipping em soon.

ClassV

ClassV

I took all the shoots except for the 4 mains. These things branch like crazy. It’s going to be interesting to see how they respond through the stretch. Flipping them in a day or two. These are very nice plants, and easy to grow in veg.

I thought the RP SK was a light feeder, but these girls run even leaner. Their appetite is starting to increase though. The low concentration of the feed has made Ca supplementation a little tricky, but not too bad. No sign of deficiencies, but I did seem to be locking out P a bit until I tweaked Ca supplementation a bit, and I’ve already mentioned an apparent sensitivity to N. That’s another quirk these girls share with the RP SK.

The bug situation has been aggravated by the warm, damp weather. I treated them with Azamax again right before I took this pic. So far I seem to be able to stay ahead of em, but Gnats are all over the place outside. A good frost and a drop in RH will put a stop to that soon enough.

IMG 02611

ClassV

ClassV

Day 4 of 12/12. The Bloom Formula for Cocotek is high in K and low in P, so this should be interesting in coco. Sticking with the GH schedule for the Cocotek Nutes which calls for the Grow Nutes for the first week or so after the flip, then a week using all four bottles. Dunno if I'll mess with the 4 bottle gambit, but it does look like it adds more P than any other time during the schedule. Only Calmag and RS for the additives right now. I'll keep them under the MH for a while before switching to the HPS.

IMG 02621

ClassV

ClassV

I thought about blowing off the week 2 “transition” phase with the GH CocoTek schedule, but decided to stick with it. The formula from Bloom drops N by 25%, and and Ca by 20%, while it increases P and K. Seemed like a good idea to ease that transition and observe the results. I’ve only been supplementing with calmag and Rapid Start, with a dash of Protek or Diamond Nectar from time to time. Mainly I am relying on the base nutes.

More rain, probable flooding in the basement, but at least the unseasonable warm temps went away. Still dealing with Fungus Gnats, but the Azamax and the sticky traps keep em at bay. I’ll stick with the Azamax until week 3 of flowering. After that, I may try something else to change things up on these little bastards. Some guys have luck with nematodes, but I'm not sure how well that will work with watering Coco everyday. Gnatrol might be the better option.

ClassV

ClassV

Day 11 of flowering. The point of simplifying the nutes was so that I could focus more on the environment and the root zone. I had two RP SK grows last year that were going gang busters until about week 6, and I want to get to the bottom of that. The DNA Lemon OG was a little fussy during veg, but all in all they are fun to grow, and the structure looks promising for my set up. I’m shooting for a plant that is between 24 and 30 inches tall after the stretch.

The four mains are coming along nicely. I have taken every other shoot up until now. I’m not concerned with yield for this run. I just want to work out whatever hurt me in week 6 last year, and produce a good end product.

IMG 02681

IMG 02691

ClassV

ClassV

Day 21 of Flowering. They have stretched a lot, but the heavy pruning of branches probably contributed to that, along with the genetics. They are very well behaved plants, and they are starting to smell. Not much fuss here. I’m kind of fascinated to watch them progress with just basic nutes and the four colas. Makes it easier to pay attention to the environment and deal with other problems that come up.

I went forward with the four bottle “transition” phase on the GH CocoTek Nutrient schedule, and they are now on the 2 part Bloom formula. I cut Calmag to 1ml/gal and I’ll drop the Rapid Start soon. Still been very reluctant to add anything else. The GH schedule calls for liquid Kool Bloom around week 4. The CocoTek Bloom ratio is 3-5-6. Not sure if I will mess with the KB, but if I do, I add it for about a week and then leave it alone.

Sorry for the HPS pics.

IMG 02781

IMG 02801

IMG 02821

Danky Mcnugs

Danky Mcnugs

Looking very nice man! I'll have to try out this sample I have next run.

Orcaman

Orcaman

Hey V, Those girls are really in stretch mode and looking great. I want to suggest not using KoolBloom with Feminized plants. All I have heard is it causes them to herm. I think you should look into alterative bloom supplements. I know a fellow grower using GH two part likes supplementing with Sugar Daddy by Technaflora with great results.

ClassV

ClassV

Looking very nice man! I'll have to try out this sample I have next run.

Thanks for stopping in , Dank! I’m really pleased with the CocoTek nutes. No salt buildup and very stable PH. I can only compare this system to the Flora Series, which worked fine, but this series does seem to keep things cleaner and greener in coco coir.

ClassV

ClassV

Hey V, Those girls are really in stretch mode and looking great. I want to suggest not using KoolBloom with Feminized plants. All I have heard is it causes them to herm. I think you should look into alterative bloom supplements. I know a fellow grower using GH two part likes supplementing with Sugar Daddy by Technaflora with great results.

Thanks for swinging by Orca! That’s interesting about the Kool Bloom and fem seed grows. I wonder why KB would be a problem with Fem beans? The profile of the Bloom nutes looks pretty good, so I may not use a booster at all for this run and see how it sorts out.

I knew aggressive pruning might lead to more stretch than would otherwise be ideal. This strain really prefers to branch out, and I pretty much took that off the table from the git-go. They will be taller than the limit I was looking for, but they are not too far off the mark. If the foliage is still green at the end of week seven I’ll be happy!

Orcaman

Orcaman

Your strain selection is your stretch and not the pruning. I think you need a shorter growing strain for your method of growing.:) From what I have seen with Kool Bloom is that it seems to stress the plant at a very touchy stage in its life.

ClassV

ClassV

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Orca. I do appreciate it! Yeah... Lemon Skunk x OG 18... the genetics imply that they will stretch a bit! I'm pretty sure I could shave a few inches off of the stretch, and increase the potential yield with this strain if she turns out to be a good one. I'm more interested in working out some fundamental issues with my grow than yield for this run.

For clarification, are you referencing Liquid Koolbloom or the Powder? I've never used the powder, but I have used the liquid. I have been reluctant to introduce additives on this run, because I want to get to the bottom of the PH issues that rocked me last year.

Orcaman

Orcaman

For clarification, are you referencing Liquid Koolbloom or the Powder? I've never used the powder, but I have used the liquid. I have been reluctant to introduce additives on this run, because I want to get to the bottom of the PH issues that rocked me last year.
The threads that I read with problems they were only using the powder KB to finish and did not start with the liquid KB early in the grow as recommended. I had to go look up the product and I think figured out there problems. Improper use!

ClassV

ClassV

Understood, Orca. I've read where some growers scoff at using Bloom Boosters at all. They reason that it is a gimmick. In the meantime I have dropped the Rapid Start, and I just started adding Floralicious Plus to the feed, 1/2 strength, every other feeding, and watching them closely. So far they seem to respond well to it. I decided to pass on supplementing Silica for this run.

The CEC of coco coir is still a little mysterious to me, and running OG hybrids has definitely forced me to check any impulse to look for magic in a bottle. The main thing for me is not to lose my way with Ca and Mg. Everything else is gravy for now. If I have control of this little grow up until flush, I'll be happy with whatever yield I get. :)

Top Bottom