Cocotek A & B Nutrients / Lemon Og Kush

• Thread starter ClassV
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ClassV

ClassV

5th tropical system to roll through in about two months. And I’m in the mountains. And it is mid December. High RH, rain, warm temps, and bugs. Global Warming anyone? Forget the grow. Now I wonder about survival of our species.

L

Lil pEte

Nice looking plants you got there class!
I just started using coco for the first time, and
Cocotek had me pulling my hair out lol.
Glad to see it works for you though.

ClassV

ClassV

Sorry for not updating sooner. Crazy ass weather. Did some research, and this whole tropical splooge that is stalking my Appalachian stomping grounds is related to El Nino’. The Whole region flooded during Christmas, RH off the hook, and standing water in my basement. I had standing water all around my tent for three days. Never seen anything like it during winter in these mountains.

But… the plants have soldiered on! The shorter phenol started showing P-. Chased is for a couple of days and then just left it alone. The taller phenol looks good, given that they have been in about 65 – 75 RH the last several days. Glad I did not try to grow these out as bushes on this run. I went with only four branches to keep it simple for this run. Never dreamed it would payoff because of high RH at this time of year!

Day 50. Only base Cocotek Bloom Nutes with a weekly dash of Floralicious plus. I have the cut of the taller pheno. I hope its good smoke, because it grows beautifully!

DSCN0148

DSCN0151

ClassV

ClassV

A word about the Cocotek Nutes: This is only my 5th grow, so I’m no expert… but here goes:

The A and B bottles definitely simplified things for me. Just raise or lower the concentration and hold on. The low P in the formula concerned me going in, and I have seen P- in the shorter phenol, but the buds look pretty good, and the runoff PH for that girl has been a little high from the git-go. I think it’s just the pheno, but I thought I’d mention it anyway.

I did not add liquid Kool Bloom for this run, but I’m guessing that adding a little KB in weeks 4 or 5 would prevent the P- in that one girl. I did have to supplement a bit with Calmag, but not much. I also noticed the Sulfer is much higher in these nutes than the Flora series, and that they don’t rely on carbonate as much either. Very clean, no salt buildup, and no weird PH issues. The smell of the girls seems much better than previous grows, which might have something to do with the higher “S.”

I’m going to stick with these nutes for my next few grows. Very pleased! As for the Lemong OG… easy plants to grow, and very stinky! I'll chop in a couple of weeks.

ClassV

ClassV

Thanks, man! The plants have hung in there very well so far, and with folks being evacuated from their homes a few miles down the road? I have nothing to bitch about.

El-Nino is a powerful effect for sure. Mother Nature has her way!

Orcaman

Orcaman

Happy holidays V, So sorry to here about your flooding. My prayers go out to all of those affected by mother nature of lately. Them trying to control the weather with cloud seeding and chem trails is really scary. To better thoughts, Your girls are stunning. I love what you are doing to grow nice healthy plants in your conditions!:)
Happy new year!

ClassV

ClassV

Thanks, Orca! Just kept in mind your advice from last year and tried to keep everything as consistent as possible, and ride out the shifts. I really had to resist chasing the P- on the shorter plant. I'm glad I did. The symmetry of the taller pheno really impresses me. More thought to training, dial in the nutes a little better, and that girl would be a beauty.

Orcaman

Orcaman

Hey ClassV, Hope the new year is going well. Love to get an update of late. I love your attention to detail and keeping up with the numbers. I'm hoping when we move in june I can go to bigger pots and plants. Right now I am using gallon and a half rose buckets in bloom. I want to increase up to at least five gallon. It's so hard to keep a happy root system growing small plants.

ClassV

ClassV

Hi Orca! Sorry for the late update. Been pretty busy. I actually chopped on Saturday, at 63 days, and on Sunday transplanted the cut from the taller, better pheno, and put her under the MH. The shorter one had P- issues starting around week 7, but the taller one faded nicely. I stayed with base Cocotek nutes, with CaMg+ and the occasional dose of Flora+ for additives. Then flushed for one week. A little tweaking with the concentration during Bloom would improve the result I’m sure. I'm still learning.

Seems to me you are killing it over there with your grows, but I hear you on small plants and root zone issues. I don’t have salt buildup in my 2gal Smarties, but something seems to get unbalanced during mid to late flowering. I’m getting a handle on it after observing the role environment plays in root zone health and nutrient uptake. That said, the Cocotek Nutes are fine, they run clean, and I’m going to work with them for a while. Glad I made the switch. The DNA Lemon OG was a pleasure to grow with a kerosene lemon funk smell going on. We shall see how it smokes in a few days.

Pics coming soon!

ClassV

ClassV

The buds turned out pretty nice. Not setting any records for yield, but what I am really looking for is growing good bud. These are not picture perfect, but not too bad. I sampled a bud from the smaller plant at 8 weeks. Fairly potent at that point and I like the density. The buds from the taller pheno are the ones I have high hopes for.

DSCN01541

DSCN01581

ClassV

ClassV

The remains. You can see the necrosis in the leaves on the left. That was the smaller pheno that showed P- at about week 7. The taller one yellowed out nicely and right on time. It also had the larger flowers. Even though I don’t have salt buildup, I do suspect something is going out of balance in the medium after the stretch. Gotta keep working on that.

DSCN01621

Last edited:
ClassV

ClassV

I’ve never grown out a clone before. This is the cut from the taller pheno on the run. Almost killed the cut twice, but nursed her along, and by transplant time she had a nice root system going on. So here we go….

DSCN01631

ClassV

ClassV

My first attempt at a propagation cycle. It seems I mislabeled my cuts and it was the smaller girl that lives on. Smoke report on cured product from the harvest to come. Long story short: I am glad this is the cut that made the cut. The downside is she is the one with the odd P- issue.

Day 7 of flowering. I am going for 8 tops with four mains.

Orcaman

Orcaman

Hey V, Thanks for the updates. As far as your medium issues go my question is what were the ph levels on those girls before harvest. It looks to me like to me that went too acidic from a low ph level. I needs to stay above 5.5 My soil and water maintain right at 6.0 plus or minus Nice looking cutting you have going!:)

ClassV

ClassV

Hi Orca! Thanks as always for your observations. I did not do a slurry test on the coir, and while runoff PH in coco is an unreliable indicator, a value of 6.7 on the smaller pheno had me thinking maybe a little too alkaline? Maybe too much Calcium supplementation? Now that you mention it, I think I will do a slurry on the cut and see what it looks like compared to the runoff. The cut's runoff has the same PH of 6.7, just like the mother.

Orcaman

Orcaman

Wow, I looked at that backwards. 6.7 is way to high and causing improper nute intake. I was having this same problem just over a year ago with my soil water combo. The best thing in my opinion to combat the problem is using ph down when feeding. Stupidly using Lucky Dog Soil by Fox Farms one time I was having a hard time keeping a ph level under 7.0 This is the best product again I my opinion to use. It is ammonium sulfate, citric acid, and urea phosphate in the powder form. I would only use it on feeding days when I had issues of this nature. I feed every four days. Right now I am using a mix of Royal Gold soil And Vermiworm and loving the results. What is your water ph level?
DSCN0401

Top Bottom