Coffee Grounds During Flower

• Thread starter Gaberabtic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gaberabtic

Gaberabtic

Hey all was curious if anyone has ever thought of this situation. Your using tiger bloom which is a little lacking in the nitrogen department , like it is suppose to right? So let's say your early into flower and have about 6-7 weeks left things are looking far better than they were the last run. So here is question "How would you feel if a teaspoon to a tablespoon of spent coffee grounds per gallon were placed in the water during watering? Since the ladies are taking about 1.75 gallons at this point and only adding it to a gallon n the other .75 gallons just water. Would this help/hurt/no change? Just curious I looked on here and other sites n nothing on this. The only that makes me nervous is the very very high nitrogen but the ph range is great. Just sitting here thinking that's all

str8smokn

str8smokn

I use it in my garden compost .. Not much help I know..
I have put used Tea bags in my soil mix but that's at like four per five gallons of soil..
Never seen any problems.
STR8

Dabominable

Dabominable

I should try some coffee grounds in a AACT, bet it would work great, the less poop in my teas the better! Do you know off hand the general nitrogen content of coffee grounds?

str8smokn

str8smokn

I know I've been trying to get in with Starbucks on their grounds,but the gardeners club already has all of them..
But I know a Manager.... We shall see what happens on that..
Even five gallons a day /or week would be great to amend my recycled soil with .
STR8

Dabominable

Dabominable

Nice, i was thinking a cup per 5 gallon bucket as opposed to 1 cup nitro bat guano, i'd probably soil amend with my guanos still, don't see me finding a way to get coffee grounds in bulk, esp not at the rate i drink it, grin

str8smokn

str8smokn

Ask around at gas stations and little coffee houses if you leave a five gallon bucket there if they would dump the grounds in it and you pick them up every other day or so. That's what I'm trying to do but the damn gardeners club have the hold on everything..
STR8

Gaberabtic

Gaberabtic

I got mine from a Starbucks also I know your pain about the clubs dam old ladies lol. I think I'm going to try a little in the water and see what happens

Gaberabtic

Gaberabtic

@str8smokn I'm find the same the lady at the coffee house told me about 20% not sure if I believe her she drinks alot of coffee

cannabeans

cannabeans

I would go easy on the grounds... Look into some literature on TLO with the "Rev".
He uses them, but with caution. They are better used for mushroom cultivation in my opinion.

Dabominable

Dabominable

Little off topic, but i was going to juice some aloe vera from the mega bush ive got in my yard, anyone know what would be a safe ratio to try? I was thinking 1 cup to 30 gallons of mixed special brew (nutes and or tea)

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I would go easy on the grounds... Look into some literature on TLO with the "Rev".
He uses them, but with caution. They are better used for mushroom cultivation in my opinion.
Do u have any info as to why its not good for cannabis?

B

blue rhino

Does it help repel white flies and fungus gnats ?? That's what I was thinking of using it for.

jammie

jammie

coffee grounds work well in a compost pile or spreading them in an outdoor garden. once composted for several months they could be used as part of your indoor soil.

cannabeans

cannabeans

coffee grounds work well in a compost pile or spreading them in an outdoor garden. once composted for several months they could be used as part of your indoor soil.
Could not have said it any better...

Gaberabtic

Gaberabtic

Just my very recent experience I brewed a pot of coffee and used the excess water from the coffee filter and added it to the water in my current grow about a teaspoon per Gallon and I have never seen the ladies standing so tall praying to the light Gods.
But I can definitely see where you all are coming from thanks for the input

M

motz

To much nitrogen in flower stage is bad news.
Be careful what you're doing there.

Gaberabtic

Gaberabtic

I'm and thank you for the advice. That is the only time I'm doing it and it's still very early. Just trying to give them the best foot forward you know?

Latest posts

Top Bottom