COGR slabs for a vertical system

• Thread starter chuckz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chuckz

chuckz

Just finishing a crop in an eco-system vertical grow unit, and i am quite impressed at the final yield, for the first attempt. Still drying, so no figures, but it seems plenty compared to previous crops i've grown.

Thinking of my next crop, and the main thing i think I can improve is the medium. I found the lower plants were sitting in more damp conditions than the upper ones.

I had ordered Cuttilene Maxxima slabs, but the shop sent me Grodan Expert instead, couldn't wait another week, with 120 cuttings ready to transplant - I knew small size was the essence for this system.

Don't know if the Cuttilene slabs make much difference? I am told they are designed for vertical so maybe they wouldn't have the same uneven delivery problems?

However, what I'd like to know here is whether there is a Coco alternative? I read a bit about COGR slabs, but not sure if they would be useful in a vertical system?

The slabs hang lengthways, nutrients are fed from the top, and flow out of hte bottom, so if i get the right flow, I imagine i can get some results?

Anny ideas, advice, suggestions?

Cheers,
Ch.

P

ProGroWannabe

I don't know why I've missed this thread chuckz, sorry for that. I'd love to see some pics of the system your working with. It sounds truly interesting!

As for advice on a coco slab, I'd think you would have no issues whatsoever. Here is a link to a place that I buy most of my supplies from. I linked you the page on slabs. Maybe it will help, maybe not. Lemme know...

C

Cannalingus

CoGr slabs are made for horizontal use and has an up and down side. They are prone to leak particles into the system so I assume GH's Coco Tec is the way to go mate. (PS! Any shots of the grow to show us?!?)

chuckz

chuckz

Sorry, the grow is over and the photos I took didn't come out properly - all had red stripes all over them - think i need a new digi camera! I'll try and post something, so you can see what the system is like...

Those cocotek slabs look interesting, think i'd lik to take a look. Maybe I will get 10 Cuttilene rockwool slabs and 10 cocoteks and see which performs best.

I am also going to add another pump, and more plumbing, to get more nutrient flow through the medium. I keep the tank very highly oxegenated, and running all the time when the light is on, giving rest periods during the dark phase.

Top Bottom