Cold is a coming. Advice needed.

• Thread starter Reinbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Reinbag

Hey all,

Relative noob here looking for advice. So I'm in Northern VT. We've had two weeks of rain and temps in the 50s everyday. I'm growing straight-up outdoors, plants in the ground. I've lost some plants to bud rot, harvested one that one was pretty immature, but this is a different strain. Don't know which, cause I got the seeds for free at a swap.

A couple weeks ago, I put up a pop-up tent over this plant for the rain, but I've still cut off a fair amount of bud rot at this point. Lost several colas to it. Tonight the low is 33, we have a low of 30 coming sunday night. Not sure what to do. Every day I seem to be losing a little more of the plant. I don't have any way of really zooming in more on these, but curious what y'all would do!

Thanks in advance.

Cold is a coming advice needed
Cold is a coming advice needed 2
Cold is a coming advice needed 3
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Chop. If you've got bud rot to the degree you have it, bring the grow to an end.

When temps are above 32 the plants will survive, but you get essentially no growth or development at 50 F or below. In living things that don't produce their own heat, like microorganisms and plants, nothing happens below 50F, except bud rot.

AirHammer

AirHammer

Be patient, it should be clearing up in your parts too.

I'm glad I waited out all the rains mixed with cold. Now days and days of sunshine are on the horizon perfect time for it too a couple weeks before harvest time.

R

Reinbag

Well. I covered the plants up for the frost. We got down to 32 and some of the outer colas froze on some plants, even being covered. Seems okay, but tomorrow night we're forecasted for 28 and then again Monday, so I think I really have no choice but to chop tomorrow. I'm guessing I'm only a week away from full maturity for one plant, but a couple weeks away for others. Oh well. This is why everyone uses greenhouses outside.

J

Jojo420

That freeze is gonna hurt the buds.
If the weather stays cold and wet I say chop and call it a day no sense ruining what you have left as your not going to get anymore than you already have

Top Bottom