cold temps effecting growth?

• Thread starter GrowBot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowBot

GrowBot

happy new year everybody! my shiskaberry cut is 30 days into flower and the buds are alot smaller than they usually are at this part of flower. my temps are about 55 deg at night and 70 in the day. ive never had my temps this low at the night cycle before so i dont know if thats whats causing it. my plants look really healthy the only problem is the buds are too small.

purpleberry

purpleberry

I have some clones i put at my budys house and they are 5 weeks into 12/12 amd look like 3 weeks. The temps droped down to 45-50 some days when the lights were out. Im not sure if his yeild will be way down or if they will take longer than they normally do? They look healthy as can be covered in frost. Im wondering if I will have to feed a extra week or just start flushing when i was going to. Ill make sure to run a heater from now on when its cold.

S

SSHZ

I think the issue is how cold your root balls are getting? I have two rooms that have gotten as low as 52 degrees the last couple of nights and all is fine. I have my pots elevated off the cement floor and this keeps them warmer. If the roots get too cold, it will stunt growth. So, my guess is your balls are too frigid......

GrowBot

GrowBot

I have some clones i put at my budys house and they are 5 weeks into 12/12 amd look like 3 weeks. The temps droped down to 45-50 some days when the lights were out. Im not sure if his yeild will be way down or if they will take longer than they normally do? They look healthy as can be covered in frost. Im wondering if I will have to feed a extra week or just start flushing when i was going to. Ill make sure to run a heater from now on when its cold.

i guess well just have to keep our fingers crossed and hope they will just need a lil extra time, thanks man

I think the issue is how cold your root balls are getting? I have two rooms that have gotten as low as 52 degrees the last couple of nights and all is fine. I have my pots elevated off the cement floor and this keeps them warmer. If the roots get too cold, it will stunt growth. So, my guess is your balls are too frigid......

im growing in aeroponics, you think that still might be causing it? or are you refering to soil. thanks man

R

Rolln J

id think aeroponics would be less forgiving to root zone temps that low - especially compared to soil or coco - maybe try a space heater at lights off - keep them minimum at 65 if you can

S

SSHZ

I was referring to soil and soiless mediums. Sorry. These hold the warmth longer while the room's air can be cooler. I agree with Rolln J- you should put a small heater with a fan to blow some heat around the area to maintain tempt's in the 60's at night.....

C

CANNASSEUR

if its that cold at night sometimes raising the plants up off the floor even a few inches will stop them from growing so slow.... cheers

Blaze

Blaze

Temps that low will most certainly affect growth. Certain nutes are actually becomes less available at certain temps. As a general rule of thumb heat helps speed up the chemical reactions that plants need to grow.

S

supasticky

At 45 all plant growth stops, and even a 5 degree drop will affect growth so yah I think that at night you're getting way to low and during the day just about 4-5 deg. higher and you're good.

-Supa

M

Mr.Therapy Man

That much change in temps breeds PM too.I was ignoring it and got pm.Trust me on this one get a good heater and turn it on low.My temps only vary 5 to 7 degrees now,That pm is nasty!!!!

M

moses224

he nailed it..plants definitely have a negative reaction to cold temps ..the root ball in particular...my room drops to 68 at night and max 75 during lights on , however if they where to drop which in past years they have the plant will shock or stunt its growth by no means will it kill the plant unless its for extended periods of time but definately should be avoided....

purpleberry

purpleberry

Well these plant are screwed for yeild, even after adding a heater the buds are so small like pieces of popcorn, They are frosty as anything could be lol Ill get a pick when they are done. At 45 days theyre starting to finsih and wont go past 55 days for sure, I feel bad i was helping my budy and over looked the lo temp. Its sucks to learn stuff this way.

A

azmatis

this just happened to me, it sucks because iwas growing Snowdog, smaller buds
potentcy was all there, kick ass actually but the yield was alot less than normal

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

Just learned the hard way myself.. temps got down to 40f degrees at night.
Crazy thing is it only effected my purple strains. My OG's and my White's along
with Haze's seem to be fine. On week 8 now and the bubbas & PK are str8 larf.
What a waste of space.

M

MASSES 420KING

i guess well just have to keep our fingers crossed and hope they will just need a lil extra time, thanks man

im growing in aeroponics, you think that still might be causing it? or are you refering to soil. thanks man

as long as your water is around 58 degrees ur roots and rootball will be fine

F

Fred Norris 2.0

That much change in temps breeds PM too.I was ignoring it and got pm.Trust me on this one get a good heater and turn it on low.My temps only vary 5 to 7 degrees now,That pm is nasty!!!!

spot on. my PM was going nuts, for the past 2 months of 12 12. i grow in an attic w/ no heat. my yield was pitiful compared to what i should have pulled

V

vertstyle

So at what point is it worth raising the temps?
I'm running 60f lights off, 68f lights on. Should I try to raise this up?

Blaze

Blaze

I certainly would; that is too low a temperature for the plant to be able to maximize its growth.

vector

vector

Cannabis can have all types of issues in low temperatures. Ive also heard that cold temperatures can cause cannabis to hermie.

Top Bottom