cold water flush before harvest

• Thread starter Noob_89lakay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Noob_89lakay

Noob_89lakay

Hello all, brand new to the website I trust everyone is doing great. I need some help please. I've heard that flushing with cold water before harvest can increase potency of a plant and also the colour of the bud, is this true.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hello all, brand new to the website I trust everyone is doing great. I need some help please. I've heard that flushing with cold water before harvest can increase potency of a plant and also the colour of the bud, is this true.
IMO negative. There are crop steering techniques that can stress the plant and produce some beneficial effects but simply dumping cold water on before harvest I don't believe will increase potency.

It's well know that creating the right stresses at the right time has its benefits but I don't feel this is one of them.

Of course I'm no authority on crop steering.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

IMO negative. There are crop steering techniques that can stress the plant and produce some beneficial effects but simply dumping cold water on before harvest I don't believe will increase potency.

It's well know that creating the right stresses at the right time has its benefits but I don't feel this is one of them.

Of course I'm no authority on crop steering.

the term crop steering cracks me up. I think it just replaces the term bro science in the weed growing world to sound more legitimate. ;-)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

the term crop steering cracks me up. I think it just replaces the term bro science in the weed growing world to sound more legitimate. ;-)
Used in not just cannabis but in many agricultural crops... if you call changing temps, humidity, lighting, nutrients, training and nutrient changes bro science I guess your correct.

Super cropping is crop steering topping is crop steering and the list goes on.. some of which you practice I notice 🤔

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Used in not just cannabis but in many agricultural crops... if you call changing temps, humidity, lighting, nutrients, training and nutrient changes bro science I guess your correct.

Super cropping is crop steering topping is crop steering and the list goes on.. some of which you practice I notice 🤔

no it’s all just proper cultivation for the plant in question.

pouring cold water at the end is bro science.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I never said cold water was crop steering nor that I feel it has any benefit.

you labeled it as crop steering and said although you don’t believe that one works you are no authority on it.

And it happened to be funny to me when I read it. Sorry

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

you labeled it as crop steering and said although you don’t believe that one works you are no authority on it.

And it happened to be funny to me when I read it. Sorry
I didn't label it... I was saying it I don't belive it will produce beneficial results and that there are crop steering techniques that do since that what the OP was looking to do... but I can see how it could be interpreted that way reading back.

I meant that I don't believe this would be a beneficial crop steering method... I would also class this one as bioscience but again I'm not authority on crop steering

growsince79

growsince79

No I really meant calling cold water flushing crop steering was bro science.
Attempted crop steering. I tried it before and don't think it did much if anything it might lock out some nutes but just a good flush has about the same effect.

Top Bottom