Cold weather issue simi indoor grow tent

• Thread starter BigEd001
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BigEd001

So my grow tent is simi indoors. It is in my garage which is not under temp control. Starting to get cold in my region and so far the temps in the tent have not dipped below 66 F. Problem is it’s just starting to get cold and I fear it’s going to get much colder. What do any of you recommend to regulate the heat inside the tent other than heating the entire garage that is not an option and moving into the house is also not an option. Will a heating mat heat the tent or just the soil? Kind of scared to put a space heater in and risk setting everything on fire. Let me know what y’all think of anyone has had similar situations

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
The normal way is to buy a oil heater less fire risk

Compare the price to buying your own and it’s a no brainier if you need to justify it

B

BigEd001

That’s a point when you say it’s not dipped below 66f is that at night or your daytime temps
It’s 66 low 72 high for the last week. Out side temps have been around 60 to 68 during the day down to 29 at night. Later in the winter we could see below zero temps that’s where I’m going to get worried the garage will get really cold at that point. Not enough space inside the tent for any heater really I could probably fit a really small space heater in. It’s a 20 x 30 x 65 and I got 2 5 gallon pots in it.

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

You're fine until you get below 60 or 65. Get a little space heater to warm it up when it drops that low during the times the lights are off. I'm sure when the lights are one it's fine unless it's 20 or 30 degrees outside.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
You’ll get some funky colours with the cold. Sounds like your going to have to get inventive when it drops to zero outside as you don’t really want the heat blasting on one plant

Good luck bud

Top Bottom