cold weather

• Thread starter Motarebel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

2DogWalker

We tap trees too and were talking about it yesterday one of our concerns is depth of snow in the woods make it so tough to collect. It will be a down year for sure.

Lol hip deep in snow w two 5 gallon buckets full of sap w grandpa yelling at me for "spilling my profit" FML... I know a Lil bout syrup ...deep snow made life a bitch especially road trees in ditches haha.

Hopefully w a real wet spring and not too much frost in the woods these things will shoot sap...good year to be on a vac pump..

Pm me if u ever wanna talk syrup. @ohthatguy8 ...

Gonna be a good spring I hope, we deserve it.

C

CobbCreekBob

Looks like Ashland is gonna be the only place to let em have the clubs in the area, we'll see how the fight goes, they paved the way for em with their city council, Most others are thinking of bans, even with the state law amendment. But I believe I also see why you left, lol. Peace

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
I lost a cpl plants to cold this year. Nothing I didn't have a backup of though. Cant wait for this cold to be over so I can do some fishing. Feeling a little cooped up.

Puffntuff

Puffntuff

This winter has been a bit much!! I work outdoors for the most part and those -25 days made me want to quit lol

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

I lost a cpl plants to cold this year. Nothing I didn't have a backup of though. Cant wait for this cold to be over so I can do some fishing. Feeling a little cooped up.
I had fun with walleye on the Saginaw river last week. No keepers but was busy with sub legals so it was fun.

@2DogWalker we started making syrup again after reminiscing bout making it with our grandpa. We did it for fun one year boiling it on the stove. Then two years ago my brother bought an outdoor setup stainless steel cooker that sits on a wood burning stove. Last year was a Ton of work close to 80 taps and cooking non stop. Were going lower scale this year.

@Andy Genesis it takes roughly 40 gallons of sap to make 1 gallon of syrup.

2DogWalker

@Andy Genesis I would use the bags and boil it down outdoors...try to get as few soft maples as possible...process sap asap...if its slimy better safe than sorry..

@ohthatguy8 ... Without too much info the setup I was involved w had a big boiler and ro setup...not exactly at home scale we could make a lot of syrup...lots of buckets tho but some on the pump definitely a dream I would like to relive in the future as well...for today I'll stick to more profitable ventures.

Top Bottom