colder temperatures

• Thread starter Bearsfather
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bearsfather

Do colder temperatures effect the potency of the plants?

devious d

devious d

no i remember reading an article in weed world they were testing cold night time temps to see if they put out more thc as protection, but couldnt be proved but it certainly didnt affect negatively

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
it will definitely pull the colors out of them if it continues for more than a week

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yeah, you should see this Mendo Purps cross a friend gave me. Her buds are taking on the most beautiful eggplant-purple color, just gorgeous.

G

GEMiNi GENETiCS

strain dependent IMO...some plants will push out more tric's (Im not saying potency is increased) when it gets real cold and others will turn to dog sh!t and wreck buds when it gets close to freezing.

M

mn_northernherb

strain dependent IMO...some plants will push out more tric's (Im not saying potency is increased) when it gets real cold and others will turn to dog sh!t and wreck buds when it gets close to freezing.

is it completely strain dependent or is it related to sativa/indica characteristics?

R

rizzle

I was always under the impression that cold weather and flushing soil with ice cold water (not sure how many days) before harvest tricked/stressed the plant into producing a thicker coat of crystals as a survival mechanism. I'm also thinking that extended dark cycle before harvest stresses the plant into forming thicker coat of crystals as well. Am I way off the mark? >.>; Anything from my personal experience tends to change purple if at all, when left in cooler climate later in the season.

G

GEMiNi GENETiCS

is it completely strain dependent or is it related to sativa/indica characteristics?
strain/local dependent...himmy's will take cold better then a Thai and both are sativa...indica landraces such as Lebanese and Mazar-i-Sharif will take snow and be completely fine...it just depends on the natural environment that the strain lived in over the millennium...

I was always under the impression that cold weather and flushing soil with ice cold water (not sure how many days) before harvest tricked/stressed the plant into producing a thicker coat of crystals as a survival mechanism. I'm also thinking that extended dark cycle before harvest stresses the plant into forming thicker coat of crystals as well. Am I way off the mark? >.>; Anything from my personal experience tends to change purple if at all, when left in cooler climate later in the season.
I haven't heard of or tried anything with the flushing of cold water but as far as extended dark period it doesn't increase tric's...a long dark period before chop does help drain nutrients from the plant (buds) down to the root system to help the smokability of your buds.

S

smashed1

from wat ive seen most plants get abit of purple in them, i had a himalayn strain once and it finished about a month an a half after all the athers, and wen it got real cold it just put on heaps of bolknes, so i ges it all depends on the strain

Latest posts

Top Bottom