Collection Agency Threat..

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Got a past due bill for some soy bean meal from an order shipped 2 years ago. I ordered 2 tons, it came I called several times for price, the never called back After using about 1/2 I noticed chickens were not producing eggs quite as well and I aslo called with this concern. They never called back so I get a bill with $275. past due interest and if not pain in 30 days they will send to collection.
We have no other credit obligations, Farm and house paid for, will not need any loans and our credit is pretty good so I say fucke em let them try to collect.
What is you all's experience with collection agency's???? disputed stuff like this??

Last edited:
fishwhistle

fishwhistle

You can dispute anything but they usually will leave it on unless you can prove its not your debt but you are allowed to submit an explanation that will also be seen with it.Unfortunately not liking something you ordered is not a valid argument for not paying for it,should have called and sent a certified letter saying come get this stuff right now(which they never do)to cover your ass.Its a ding on your credit but if you dont use it who cares,They will usually sell a small debt like that to a collection company as its to much hassle for them to try to collect 275 bucks!Its annoying but not the end of the world.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Bill was 981. plus the intrest. will call and see if we can negoiate a settlement....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Sent this correspondence after they finally billed..

I have several concerns regarding this situation and how this transaction and our business relationship was conducted.
first concern was they meal itself which seemed to be missing something. our chickens just were not doing well at all. since we switched to another source our chickens are doing way better than ever.
Secondly over the time we were doing business many times we contacted you for an order and calls were never returned. I understand your busy but we too are overwhelmed busy.
I attempted to have invoice sent as we pay our bills always in a timely manner as the cash flows in we do manage to pay. I called or contacted several times with no response.
So now about 9 months later we get an invoice at a time when we are struggling to make ends meet.
This is really no way to conduct business in my opinion. The product sent was substandard and I do recall asking what was up with the soy.
Tom has told me he will pay for his ton however on my end at this time I do not have any funds to cover something from 9 months ago that was not working for us very well at all.
Don't know what to do, will think this over and get back to you, any consideration on your part in regard to my concerns will be appreciated but at this time we just do not have the funds to pay for something from so long ago which we would have paid for if invoiced in a timely manner. We have paid your invoices in the past in a timely manner but this being dropped on us at this time is really a hardship..
Really an inconvenience for us not the best way to run a business..
sorry about all this but for now we just do not have funds to pay..

Bull Trout

Bull Trout

Yup, deal with it. They will stay on you. Then get a court order, place liens on your titles and writs of attachment on bank accounts and levy them and get their money.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

collectors are some of the biggest pieces of shit in the universe. I would add to the letter, "It seems fair to pay half the original price, and no late fees." See what they say.

I had an Indian collector calling my house daily. It was for the last guy that had my new phone number, not me. I would tell this Indian guy every time he called, but he would call every day and be very very rude. I finally started making racist comments about Indians, and every time he talked I blurted out loudly, "COME AGAIN!" Believe it or not, this worked. This day and age, collectors will find you and continue to harass you.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

for the amount you owe...personally i would pay the bill and get rid of the headache....1000$ is peanuts compared to the headache it can bring....i would call it lesson learned...cost you 1000 bucks to figure it you will never do business with that company again...

and i agree with bulldog, dont fuck with your credit over such a small amount

juniper

juniper

$1000 isn't chump change. But if I were you, I wouldn't pay them a dime. If you got a paid off house and car, with a solid credit history, this won't bury your credit score, and I get the feeling you're an older gentleman who doesn't need a a second mortgage or a loan on a new Mercedes, so the $1000 you pay them will not be recouped in $ saved from lower interest rates down the road. If you were 28 and about to buy a house, it'd be different. In addition, this will only be on your score for the next 7 years, it isn't permanent.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Ding ding ding! We have a winner. ^^

Yes we do!!!
And the winner is???
CHICKENMAN!!!!
I stuck by my guns. They filed in court.
I responded with answer prior to going to trial, they dropped the case. Was $1,750. after interest..
I was receiving threatening phone calls which I am pretty sure were illegal stating that I am a no good two bit debtor and they are going to pay the local newspaper to defame me.
They called my wife, bro and sis in law also asking for info on me...
Federal law prohibits harassment I asked the to stop several times and I have the threat of defamation on a reordered message..
Not the lawsuit type but the asshole that called me was a real dickhead and I sure would like to make him pay for his rudeness and harassment.
Anyone else ever been harassed and sued???

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Dont let your credit go to shit Chickenman. Call them again, get a hold of somebody. Offer them half, and explain why. Put this in the past, don't screw yourself.
You can ask for written correspondence only and no calls, but that's forever, and they are able to call for two years if you've done business with them in the past even if you put your number on the DNC registry.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Got a past due bill for some soy bean meal from an order shipped 2 years ago. I ordered 2 tons, it came I called several times for price, the never called back After using about 1/2 I noticed chickens were not producing eggs quite as well and I aslo called with this concern. They never called back so I get a bill with $275. past due interest and if not pain in 30 days they will send to collection.
We have no other credit obligations, Farm and house paid for, will not need any loans and our credit is pretty good so I say fucke em let them try to collect.
What is you all's experience with collection agency's???? disputed stuff like this??

If you get on creditkarma and they have reported it to a collection agency it will show up on there. There is then a feature on the creditkarma app or site that will automatically dispute the claim for you just by clicking on dispute claim.
After a few days it will tell you the results which are usually that the claim has been dismissed from your credit because the company either did not reply to the dispute or could not provide proof of the debt owed. I did this with a few different things and had them removed from my credit, hope this helps.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks will check on it.
At this point fuck credit but you are right should fix....We don't owe anything...
Everything is paid for we survive on Soc sec a small pension and farm income which at the moment is in the red until new flock starts production, then we will be rich!!! lol..Hardly so../.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

"After using about 1/2 I noticed chickens were not producing eggs quite as well"

CM, what did you do with the other ton of meal?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes we do!!!
And the winner is???
CHICKENMAN!!!!
I stuck by my guns. They filed in court.
I responded with answer prior to going to trial, they dropped the case. Was $1,750. after interest..
I was receiving threatening phone calls which I am pretty sure were illegal stating that I am a no good two bit debtor and they are going to pay the local newspaper to defame me.
They called my wife, bro and sis in law also asking for info on me...
Federal law prohibits harassment I asked the to stop several times and I have the threat of defamation on a reordered message..
Not the lawsuit type but the asshole that called me was a real dickhead and I sure would like to make him pay for his rudeness and harassment.
Anyone else ever been harassed and sued???
I've been harassed but never sued like that. I've had collectors tell me that it was time to get on my back and open my legs, because I HAD to pay that debt. Told them to go fuck right the fuck off. Go ahead, squeeze me, see whatcha get.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Now you got me all hot...
I've been harassed but never sued like that. I've had collectors tell me that it was time to get on my back and open my legs, because I HAD to pay that debt. Told them to go fuck right the fuck off. Go ahead, squeeze me, see whatcha get.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I've had lots of BS go into collections when I was younger. Even medical bills, parking tickets etc.

I just waited them out. There is a statute of limitations in each state for each debt type. After many years a couple $3,000 collections dropped.
Then I disputed many of the smaller ones which dropped.

And yesterday I disputed the last one for a $50 parking ticket which I shouldn't have owed because I paid to park in that lot. It came off today.

So patience is key and diligence on researching laws. Here where I live 4 years Is the statute of limitations for them to collect. So I had it dismissed based on that.

My credit is now 751 on experion, Trans union, and the other one.
Last year it was 540 but I started using credit cards and brought it up quickly. From no credit history & with collections. To credit history and no collections in a year flat :D.

I'm so happy to be free!

They record phone calls trying to get you to admit the debt is yours. If you do admit it the statute of limitations restarts.

Also if you make a payment on it your admitting the owning of the debt which also resets the statute of limitations clock.
So be careful.

The collectors are also very rude.
They think putting you down or belittling you is gonna convince you to pay. When it just reinforces my want to abstain from such activities lol.

I would put each number the collections called from on an ignore list on my phone. Everytime they use a new number I add it until they have no new numbers to call from lmao. Eventually they sell the debt and it starts over.

Last edited:
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I've had lots of BS go into collections when I was younger. Even medical bills, parking tickets etc.

I just waited them out. There is a statute of limitations in each state for each debt type. After many years a couple $3,000 collections dropped.
Then I disputed many of the smaller ones which dropped.

And yesterday I disputed the last one for a $50 parking ticket which I shouldn't have owed because I paid to park in that lot. It came off today.

So patience is key and diligence on researching laws. Here where I live 4 years Is the statute of limitations for them to collect. So I had it dismissed based on that.

My credit is now 751 on experion, Trans union, and the other one.
Last year it was 540 but I started using credit cards and brought it up quickly. From no credit history & with collections. To credit history and no collections in a year flat :D.

I'm so happy to be free!

They record phone calls trying to get you to admit the debt is yours. If you do admit it the statute of limitations restarts.

Also if you make a payment on it your admitting the owning of the debt which also resets the statute of limitations clock.
So be careful.

The collectors are also very rude.
They think putting you down or belittling you is gonna convince you to pay. When it just reinforces my want to abstain from such activities lol.

I would put each number the collections called from on an ignore list on my phone. Everytime they use a new number I add it until they have no new numbers to call from lmao. Eventually they sell the debt and it starts over.

I am sure more times than not, the money they spend on paying people to call and harass you is way more than the debt was in the first place. Murica

Top Bottom