College Hoops Thread

• Thread starter bluegrass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bluegrass

Alright folks, its getting that time of year. Thats right college hoops are right around the corner. Got some shit talkin to do?

I only got one thing to say...

The University of Kentucky men's basketball team is considered to be among the most elite NCAA basketball programs, having earned a total of seven NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Championships. Its seven titles were won by four different coaches - Adolph Rupp in 1948, 1949, 1951 and 1958; Joe B. Hall in 1978; Rick Pitino in 1996; and Tubby Smith in 1998. Kentucky is second only to UCLA, which has 11 National Championships. UK is also the winningest men's college basketball program in the nation. Through the completion of the 2008 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament on April 7, 2008, Kentucky now has a total of 1966 all-time wins (North Carolina is second with 1950 wins, and Kansas is third with 1943 wins). Kentucky also leads all NCAA schools in all-time winning percentage. (UK's all-time record: 1966-621; UK's all-time winning percentage: .760)

S

smilez

hey bluegrass! I'm really excited too. WAZZU all the WAY!! Go COUGS!

M

Mr Green

really excited about this years season.. go pitt panthers

B

bluegrass

Yea baby!! UK is playing NC at chapel hill tonight, Im already grabbin by ankles! LMAO

A

Andre

Lookout for em Trojans. KU lost to VMI it could be a long season.

D

DND

I'm a Longhorn fan myself and excited about this season. I think we may win the Big 12 and do well in the tourney, but it's early and we still have some kinks on offense to work out. Defensively, last game anyway...we looked solid. Without Augustin running the point, it's going to be tough finding a solid replacement to spread the ball around and take charge like he did last year. Either way it's one game at a time...we have Tulane tonight so Hook'em Horns! GL to all this season.

BTW, on a football note Will Muschamp (D-Coordinator) is close to signing a huge deal which includes him taking over the head coaching position after Mack Brown retires <<< that is GOOD NEWS for Longhorn fans.

M

mooseinmypants

I'm a uk fan as well... waiting on our return to the tippy top. Patterson is a beast!

M

mooseinmypants

almost game time, sitting here pre gaming with the magic hat #9 beer ready to watch a clash of titans!!! C-A-T-S. Cats! Cats! Cats! A diehard fan here.

D

DND

Watching UNC vs UK now... UK has to drop some threes to get back in this game and I would say play tighter D, but UNC can shoot from anywhere. As I was typing UK just hit a 3...go CATS!

E

edelephant

I-L-L

I-N-I

we bleed blue and orange !!

It really sucks they dont show college hoops out here :rain

Top Bottom