Colloidal siver, please help

• Thread starter letmeout
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

letmeout

hey bros ,do you know anything about making colloidal silver?I am doing a experiment and i need to know how long i would have to brew it.I will be using 32 ounces of distilled water and a 9 volt power adapter.If you have any info at all i would appreciate it bro.Thanks ,and i will talk to you later.
Please hit me up with a pm if you can help.

J

Jalisco Kid

You might want to use a smaller voltage. If you google cs and fet you might be able to come across a thread fet wrote. If I have it I will post it later. JK

J

Jalisco Kid

Here it is. I find this to work better then CS. I will put something I have copied at sometime but do not remember from where on cs. JK

How To Reverse Sex Using Silver Thiosulfate Solution

The following is a safe, inexpensive, and successful method for reversing the sex of female cannabis plants. Individual plant responses may vary based upon strain, but I can verify that this process is fully effective in stimulating profuse staminate flower production.

This process can be used to:
A: create new feminized seeds from solitary prize mothers that you currently have
B: create interesting feminized-seed hybrids from different prize strains that you currently have
C: create feminized seeds for optimum outdoor use
D: accelerate the "interview" phase of cultivation, in searching for interesting new clone-mothers
E: reduce total plant numbers- great for medical users with severe plant number restrictions
F: increase variety, by helping to create stable feminized seedlines to be used as an alternative to clones

At the bottom of this post are some specific details about the chemicals used, their safety, their cost, and where to get them.

It is important to educate yourself about cannabis breeding theory and technique prior to using a method like this one. Here is a link to Robert Clarke's "Marijuana Botany", which is a very good reference.

"Marijuana Botany" by Robert Connell Clarke
(unfortunately missing the appendices)

It is also important to use basic safety precautions when mixing and handling these chemicals, so read the safety data links provided. The risk is similar to mixing and handling chemical fertilizers, and similar handling procedures are sufficient.

Remember: nothing will ever replace good genetics, and some of your bounty should always go back towards the professional cannabis breeders out there... the ones who have worked for many generations to come up with their true-breeding F1 masterpieces. Support professional breeders by buying their seeds. Also, order from Heaven's Stairway. Not that they need a plug from me, but they are very professional and provide very fast service worldwide.

Preparation of STS:
First, a stock solution is made. It consists of two parts (A and B) that are initially mixed separately, then blended together. Part A is ALWAYS mixed into part B while stirring rapidly. Use distilled water; tap water may cause precipitates to form.

Wear gloves while mixing and using these chemicals, and mix and use in a properly ventilated area. A mask will prevent the breathing of any dust, which is caustic. STS is colorless and odorless, and poses minimal health risks if used as described here. (See material safety data sheet links below). Note that silver nitrate and STS can cause brown stains upon drying, so spray over newspaper and avoid spilling.

Part A: 0.5 gram silver nitrate stirred into 500ml distilled water
Part B: 2.5 grams sodium thiosulfate (anhydrous) stirred into 500ml distilled water

The silver nitrate dissolves within 15 seconds. The sodium thiosulfate takes 30-45 seconds to dissolve.

The silver nitrate solution (A) is then mixed into the sodium thiosulfate solution (B) while stirring rapidly. The resulting blend is stock silver thiosulfate solution (STS).

This stock solution is then diluted at a ratio of 1:9 to make a working solution. For example, 100ml of stock STS is added to 900ml of distilled water. This is then sprayed on select female plants.

Both the stock STS and the working solution should be refrigerated after use, as well as the powdered chemicals, to avoid activity loss. Excess working solution can be safely poured down the drain after use (with ample running water) with negligible environmental impact. It's pretty cheap.

Each liter of stock STS will make ten 1-liter batches of working solution of STS. With the minimum amount of base chemicals ordered from Photographer's Formulary (see link below), this means that each 1-liter bottle of working solution STS costs less than 9 cents, and can treat 15-20 mid-sized plants. That's 200 1-liter batches of STS for $18. Note that the distilled water costs far more than the chemicals.

Application:
The STS working solution is sprayed on select female plants until runoff. Do the spraying over newspaper in a separate area from the flower room. You probably won't smell anything, but ventilate anyway. You now have what I call a "F>M plant"; a female plant that will produce male flowers.

After the F>M plant dries move it into 12/12 immediately. This is usually done three to four weeks prior to the date that the target (to be pollinated) plants will be ready to pollinate. Response times may vary slightly depending upon the strain. More specific times can be determined by trial with your own individual strains. In my trials it took 26 days for the first pollen. 30-35 days seems optimum for planning purposes.

So, assuming that a target plant needs 3-4 weeks to produce fully mature seeds, a strain that takes 8 weeks to mature should be moved into flower at about the same time as the female>male plant. A target plant that finishes flowering in 6 weeks needs to be moved into flower later (10 days or so) so that it doesn't finish before the seeds can fully mature.

A seeded individual branch can be left to mature on a plant for a bit longer, while harvesting the other seedless buds if they finish first. Just leave enough leaves on for the plant for it to stay healthy.

Effects:
Within days I noticed a yellowing of the leaves on the F>M plants. This effect persisted for two weeks or so; after this they became green again, except for a few of the larger fans. The plants otherwise seemed healthy. No burning was observed. Growth stopped dead for the first ten days, and then resumed slowly. No stretch was ever seen. After two weeks the F>M plants were obviously forming male flower clusters. Not just a few clusters of balls, but complete male flower tops. One plant still formed some pistillate flowers, but overall it was predominantly male.

It is strange indeed to see an old girlfriend that you know like the back of your hand go through a sex change. I'll admit that things were awkward between us at first.

When the F>M plants look like they may soon open and release pollen, ( 3-1/2 to 4 weeks) move them from the main flower room into another unventilated room or closet with lighting on a 12/12 timer. Don't worry too much about watts per square foot; it will only be temporary.

When the pollen flies, move your target plants into the closet and pollinate.

A more controlled approach is to isolate the F>M plants in a third remote closet (no light is necessary in this one, as they are releasing pollen now and are nearly finished anyway). In this remote other closet the pollen is very carefully collected in a plastic produce bag or newspaper sleeve and then brought back to the lighted closet, where the target plants are now located. If this is done, be careful to not mix pollen types by letting the F>Ms dust each other. Avoid movement, or use yet another closet.

Take special care to not let pollen gather on the outside of this bag- a static charge is sometimes present. Drop small open clusters of blooms inside and then close the bag at the mouth and shake. Important: next, step outside and slowly release the excess air from the bag, collapsing it completely, so that pollen doesn't get released accidently. Point downwind; don't let it get on your hands or clothes.

This collapsed pollinated bag is now very carefully slipped over only one branch and is then tied off tightly at the mouth around the branch stem with a twist tie or tape, sealing the pollen inside. Let the bag inflate slightly with air again before sealing it off, so the branch can breathe. This technique keeps the entire plant from seeding. Agitate the bag a bit after tying it off to distribute the pollen. Don't forget to label the branch so you know which seeds are which. Other branches on this same plant can be hit with different pollen sources.

If no lighted closet is available, the plant can be moved back into the main room, but- be very carefulollen is sneaky. After 4-5 days, the bag is gently removed and the plant completes it's flowering cycle.

Yet another method has worked well for me. I position the target plants in a non-ventilated lighted closet, and then I collect pollen on a piece of mirror or glass. This is then carefully applied to the pistils of one pre-labeled branch by using a very fine watercolor paintbrush. Care is taken to not agitate the branch or the pollen. No sneezing. The plant needs to be in place first; moving it after pollination can shake pollen free and blow this technique.

Regardless of technique, at completion you will have feminized seeds. Let them dry for 2-4 weeks.

About the chemicals:
Silver nitrate is a white crystalline light-sensitive chemical that is commonly used in photography. It is also used in babies' eyes at birth to prevent blindness. It can cause mild skin irritation, and it stains brown. Avoid breathing. I didn't notice any smell or fumes, but ventilation is recommended. Be sure to wash the spray bottle well before you use it elsewhere; better yet: devote a bottle to STS use. A half gram is a surprisingly small amount; it would fit inside a gel capsule.

Here are links to some safety data. A Google search will bring up more information if needed.

Silver Nitrate info:
ICSC:NENG1116 International Chemical Safety Cards (WHO/IPCS/ILO) | CDC/NIOSH

For a realistic hazard level comparison, here is a link for the safety and handling data for Ammonium Nitrate, or common fertilizer:

Sodium thiosulfate is also a white crystalline chemical commonly used in photography; it is used in photographic fixers. Same general cautions apply, minus the staining. This formula uses the anhydrous type. Non-hazardous.

Sodium Thiosulfate info:

------------------
Where to get the chemicals:

Photographic chemicals, photo chemistry, photo processing equipment, photo chemicals

silver nitrate: 10 grams: $10

sodium thiosulfate (anhydrous): 100 grams: $3.95

Postage runs around $4. Fast service. Can be shipped to Canada.

Have fun experimenting with this technique. Use it responsibly. There are a few good threads here at CW that go into the pros and cons of transsexual agents and feminized seeds. Read them. And most importantly, use STS with quality F1 strains developed by professional breeders for the most consistent results.

A huge thanks to Fet from Spice Brothers Seeds for his help and advice in using this technique. I simply brought together available information from previous posts and tried my own recipe. I'm thrilled to share the results. Future tests will be done to adjust the formula so the molar ratios of the chemicals are correct, as specified by Gobgoober (thanks, Gob) but the formula posted here is completely effective.

on CS
Default Coloidal Water
Hey Gang

So here is the DIY for homemade
Colloidal water.

So what is colloidal water ?
Its silver micron particles suspended
in water. We achieve that by passing
a very low voltage between to silver
pole suspended in water commonly
known as Hydrolisation.

To help us make micron particle we
need as said as low of a voltage as
possible. We will be using a Universal
AC adaptor, the one in the pict is great
it has an output of 1.2 to 12 volt, also it
does so at 300mA. One more neat thing
of this adaptor it has a polarity switch.
So every time you used it you can turn
the polarity so both silver pieces will
erode at the same speed.

Also an air stone will be use to
create a water movement and aid
in the creation of micron particle.

Next picture is a mason jar, an improvise
cover with 2 little slot to accommodate the
silver pieces and one more in the middle
of the plastic cover for the air line. We also
have the 2 pieces of silver (99.9% very important.)

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized %1%2.
Click the image to open in full size.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized %1%2.

Now that we have all we need lets assemble
On the Mason jar put the plastic top with the
3 slits, insert the 2 pieces of silver and the air
line, fill with RO water or Distilled Water .

After the assembly you are ready to plug
your alligator clips to the pieces of silver,
now connect both air pump and adaptor.

How long you decide to run it is up to you
here in the picture from left to right we have
8 hrs--- 20 hrs--- 144 hrs---

also you can see that the jar have plastic cap
the colloidal silver solution should never touch
metal and be kept in the dark.

For spray bottle I use Perrier water bottle
because most sprayer will fit on it and the
bottle is green.

So now let recapitulate the important stuff

Universal adaptor 1.2 to 12 volt 300mA
Air pump w/stone
1 Mason Jar
1 Yogurt top with 3 hole (2 for silver 1 for airline)
2 pieces of 99.9% silver
RO or Distilled water (no other water)

About the silver:
You can get it from a jewelry store
just buy and once of it 15 to 20$ and
ask the jeweler to laminate the piece
in an 8 inch long and 1 inch wide,
that you will cut in 2 pieces of 8X1/2 inch

About the water:

It can not have any mineral in it
otherwise it will react with the silver
that is why we say RO, distilled or
de-mineralised water, nothing else.

I hope you Enjoy it

Bare

L

letmeout

Thanks for the info,that was just what i needed to know.I do want to try the sts but i already have the materials for the cs.I am making it for a friend .so hopefully i get it right.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
heres a link to a thread. there are a couple more. just got to look through the forum. this is atelast the 3rd thread started on the same subject.
there is a bunch of videos on youtube as well

redeye

redeye

copied from another site : good info though.
Colodial Silver experiance

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Howdy folks, heres my experiance with homebrewed colodial Silver which has given me 100% success with 100s of plants which equalled 100% females and 00.00% hermies and 00.00% males

i first used a 30yr old 3amp auto battery charger, but then switched to a more conventional discarded lil black AC ADAPTER which puts out DC9v 200mA

IMO anything will work( i don't recommend plugging directly into a wall socket though LOL)

i bought some alligator clips and attached them to the outlet wire on the charger,and clipped them on 2 pure silver 1oz ingots

i hang them iacross from each other in a pint jar "with out letting" the DISTILLED WATER ONLY touch the metal clips

plug it in and let it sit over night.

i find a silver sheen on top of the water usually and lil silver tails hanging from the ingots, they all disappear when the waters disturbed

put the solution in a spray bottle and start spraying your choice of females about 2weeks before you plan to switch them to 12/12

and when their in 12/12 continue to spray them till you see pollen balls start to develop, then stop.

i,ll spray them 3 times a day or once every day or twice every other day, it doesn't seem to matter. my Thai79 didn't show balls for 6 wks, Sour Diesel started to show after about 10days in12/12.

i have found the ball structure to be more like female buds then normal balls ,because the plant is female, and the balls don't dry and open and spread ther spunk into the wind like normal males,( in my experiance). every time i,ve had to pluck the fat ripest balls and sprinkle the pollen manually over the females. a small price/hassle to pay to produce gobbs of 100% female seeds IMO

anyway,the silver is a minor investment and theres nothing to lose in trying. and CS is healthy and non Toxic

you all have lil chargers from toys, radios, cell phs laying around, any will work IMO, the 3amp batt charger i used first seemed like a Nuclear Reactor as far as CS production goes, but it worked fine too. but was just to damn big and rusty etc to have on the kitchen counter hehehe

repeat- use Distilled Water only, my tap water didn't work and it stunk when brewed and its PH 7.00 and 140ppm every day,every year from a 460' private well (as good as it gets,i adj my PH and PPM meters with it) but it doesn't work for CS

stay safe GK

edit, i read 1000s of words on the subject of producing CS and treating the plants. and thought manOman what a Hassle, so i cobbled my stuff together as posted above, tried it with 1000% success(first time i got 7gms of rm Sour Diesel S1 seeds) every one a fat lady just like the mum, grown here,and by my friends in Cali. and Australia) all finished with the same fat juicy results with no males or hermies.

who needs the stress of worring about Mili amps, hrs of brewing,when to treat the plants, it doesn't really matter :-) enjoy.

E

ent

Here it is. I find this to work better then CS. I will put something I have copied at sometime but do not remember from where on cs. JK

How To Reverse Sex Using Silver Thiosulfate Solution

Hey JK-

Have you used this method of creating STS? Reason I ask is I've seen this post on a couple different websites. But when i search google for Preparation of Silver Thiosulfate there is a paragraph that can be found on about 20+ different sites. The two solution mixing ratios are slightly different. I was hoping to get some advice from somebody that has actually prepared STS and wanted to know what ratio they used for successful sex reversal.

Here is the blurb
http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/life-sc...sue-culture-protocols/silver-thiosulfate.html

Prepare a 0.1 M Sodium Thiosulfate (STS) stock solution by dissolving 1.58 g of Sodium Thiosulfate (Product No. S 7026) into 100 ml of water. Prepare a 0.1 M Silver Nitrate stock solution by dissolving 1.7 g of Silver Nitrate (Product No. S 7276) into 100 ml of water. Store the stock solutions in the dark until needed to prepare the STS.
In general, the STS is prepared with a molar ratio between silver and thiosulfate of 1:4, respectively. Nearly all of the silver present in the solution is in the form of
[Ag(S2O3)2]3-, the active complex for ethylene effect inhibition.
Prepare a 0.02 M STS by slowly pouring 20 ml of 0.1 M silver nitrate stock solution into 80 ml of 0.1 M sodium thiosulfate stock solution. The STS can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a month. However, preparation of the STS just prior to use is recommended.

Here is method 1 described in your post:

500mL water + 2.5g Sodium Thiosulfate
500mL water + 0.5g Silver Nitrate

500mL Silver Nitrate solution + 500mL Sodium Thiosulfate solution
100mL STS + 900mL water

Here is method 2 found on multiple sites with a google search and described as Plant Tissue Culture Protocols:
100mL water + 1.58g Sodium Thiosulfate
100mL water + 1.70g Silver Nitrate

20mL Silver Nitrate solution + 80mL Sodium Thiosulfate solution

Although the two methods use different ratios of sodium thiosulfate to silver nitrate to create the A and B solutions, they also use different ratios when mixing the solutions- so both methods create an STS solution that is very similar in strength.

The main difference is the 900mL of distilled water that is added at the end of method 1. It seems method 1 is diluting the STS solution while the other method does not dilute it down.

My question to somebody that has created STS and successfully reversed a female is; Did you dilute your STS solution prior to usage?

J

Jalisco Kid

I used it and sprayed multiple times. Diluted yes. JK
Now I have used CS and GA3 for a month now on a seaberry, nothing. I have covered her and uncovered her. I have a sdx I need to knock up. Some genetics just do not like to be manipulated I guess.

Top Bottom