Colo. may set limits for driving after marijuana use

• Thread starter mendel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Snafu

Wow, they are really trying to make a stand here, huh. We need to remember though, DUID laws have been in place forever. The only people I have heard of getting them were caught either redhanded, or with smoke billowing from the windows (literally). I don't see them doing blood tests unless someone is in blatant violation. Blood tests are expensive and time consuming.

Hopefully this is just a scare. I am 27 and have had my license since I was 16. So I have been driving for over a decade, and it has been very rare for me to get behind the wheel unstoned. And guess what, not a single accident.

What a world we live in.

better knock on wood now that you went and jinxed yourself LOL. happy driving and i hope this isnt a change in that clean driving record :)

Dorje

Dorje

From a NHTSA study done in 1993:

"Finally, the relation between driving impairment following marijuana smoking and plasma concentrations of THC and THC-COOH is discussed. It appears not possible to conclude anything about a driver's impairment on the basis of his / her plasma concentrations of THC and THC-COOH determined in a single sample."

here:

O

OldStageCoach

Id just like to say im sorry to all the drivers behind me on the mountain roads. IM high, im going 25mph and its still scary for me....lol I pull off when i can

R

RMCG

Are you implying that laws are based on reason and logic?

Typically they are knee-jerk reactions by idiots that want to 'control' others...

S

Snafu

i guess we dont get to smoke and be stupid behind the wheel :( (/sarcasm) just as usual either have a DD or be responsible these laws have always existed in some form, but now we as medical users have it in writing.

point is use common sense and if driving smoke a pure haze to keep paranoid and cautious LOL

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

Co. traffic makes me think everyone is stoned. Its controlled mayhem out there I feel weird driving sober here. I think the smell gets people busted more than being stoned. I have been stopped already for a broken tail light I was def. stoned the cop didn't even pay attention to it...Dunno maybe he was lazy!

R

RMCG

Haha.

IF they use a turn signal, they sure as hell don't look. My signal is on, I'm merging!

My favorite is crossing 3 lanes of heavy traffic in one motion, just to make an exit.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
a blood test cant determine if your high at the time it was taken like alcohol

thats one reason police unions were against 19 - it would be impossible to determine if your under the influence via a test that would stand up in court

R

RMCG

That was GREAT!
Immediate post to Facebook!
Loved it!

Honestly, I think that you should be able to take an impairment test and have that on your license like other endorsements. Good to go @ .13 but not .14. Some people shouldn't drive after 1 beer.

Old people are exempt from doing roadside sobriety tests because they can't do them. Yet, they are allowed to drive. So...

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

If I had my own country, you'd HAVE TO be stoned to qualify for a driver's license. I think there would be less speeding, less accidents, and less fatalities....and oh yea, I would also have make it illegal in my country for your boss to punish you if you are late to work....a stoner's paradise!

Latest posts

Top Bottom