Colombian Black and Gold

• Thread starter CrackMan265
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CrackMan265

Hey I know medic is workin on these. Anyone know if theres a difference in the smoke between the two?

M

Medic

Ill let you know when the finish next January. Oldhand would know more about these. I just know that the blacks indeed turn black, and the gold... well gold. Black coming from the norheast and the gold coming from the north. Im going to put them together as well.

46and2

Hey I know medic is workin on these. Anyone know if theres a difference in the smoke between the two?
If you're talkin about the old strains.The difference between the two is night and day.Taste,Smell,and Buzz were very different between the two.The Red was always "my favorite" and the Black ran a close second.The Gold was a very nice buzz but I just wasn't a big fan of the taste.

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
ive also mentioned id lov to kno more about both these strain in peticular but id lov to hear more info on your other oldschool gems

just my 2cents

im very interested in cg becaz of her legedary status but specifcally becaz dj short list her as The smell was that of sandalwood incense, almost like frankincense. The flavor was that of a peppery cedar
imo incense traits n particularly frankincense is rare soo im very interested to kno if this line carries that trait also caz of the connection wit the lumbo in nev n the growth of nev being quite similar to cg n nevs is special n soo highly praised might be related to som gold lumbo blood in her
i believe a special select colombian gold nowadys can be like finding gold soo i have much anticipation on medics release caz ikno his standards r real fukkin highhh

now as high of praise cg has gotten i hear that colombian black is even more rare n mind blowin .hard to believe but i hope soo

it will be a while but worth it im already excited for the new year
good things com to those who wait really i neva thought wen i first came to da farm id experience neville haze not long after becoming a farmer i was luck enough to grab som of the best bud ive eva grown

1luvbigherb

C

CrackMan265

Wordddd.. get these goin medic, the stuff turns black thats freaky.. I feel you bigherb, I also heard the black had mind blowin smoke and that's why I was askin.. hey 46and2 why was the red your favorite? The taste?

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
been lookin for som info on the black

its 100% colombian coastal mountain sativa probably from the manizales area at least I'd hope its a 100% sativa taking 10 months minimum to produce a mature bud. As far as buzz its supposed to be somewhere in between a highland gold and a lowland red half sedative half psychedelic and very strong. I plan to work on a flo hybrid to bring the flower time down increase the flavor and keep the purple but also I'd like to use this to create a perpetual harvest plant that could possibly go on for years.

som info from a colombian black zamalito was workin on

Originally Posted by C21H30O2
4 months flowering ha.. thats nothing Columbian black can flower/veg (12/12 or close flowering spectrum) for over a year before it even starts flowering... a product of an extremely stable environment. they are impractical for an indoor commercial grower but more than worth it for the personal stash... just make sure you have something to smoke during the wait

T

The Geneticist

Black and Gold... Worry about those brother. Need that Candy Nug at the shop soon call me.

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
somthin to ponder on until more direct info

african culture has had a great impact on colombia ,since 1500 african slaves were imported to colombia until 1851 slavery was abolished

African Colombian population in Colombia is mostly concentrated in coastal areas

could the colombian black be of african descent?

zamalito

Real Colombians are very long flowering, since they grow so close the the equator, they spend their entire life cycle under 12/12 and as such they flower for a minimum of 16 weeks but typically run longer. Some of out Colombians are capable of running 10 months or more under 12/12 before maturing

Our Colombian Black is a classic afro-colombian line capable of producing very various shades of purple ranging from a light lavender to almost solid black depending on pheno. Most plants develop an anise or licorice odor typically associated with African sativas. When imported to North America during the 70's some might remember this as being sold under the name "wacky weed"

soo i wasnt soo far off ,do ya reasearch

now i want the colombian black more than ever ,i didnt know the lumbo black was also considered wacky weed .

This legend my unc spoke of ive been very interested in eva since his tale of a pin joint puttin out 6 veteran tokers off som wacky weed

1luvbigherb

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
10 months for Cred? I got some seeds but don`t think I`ll run them any time soon if that`s the case! I already went through that once with some older Thia stick IBL`s! Dam was looking forward to smoking some Cred too!

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
lol

i was reading this thread the other day wit nothin too add

markcastle

Cred ?is this colombian red you speak of

the seeds you have are they of colombian black stock ?
are they from medic ?

10 months is not just a long flowering sativa i understand but ,too have this strain gone forever is more painsaking than 10 months flower. if i had the opportunities it would be a pleasure

1luvbigherb

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I don`t remember who I got them from as it was in the 70`s. Hell I was in and out of Columbia back then and may have picked em up then myself!

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
was it the red u got or ?

lucky man
wats your alltime favorite colombian strain?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`ve never grown any of them but smoked the gold and red.Never had the Cblack before. I liked the red the best but it would be a hard one to grow at so long of a 12/12. My trips to Colombia were more about nose candy shipments back in the day.LOL!

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
LMAO

im just interested very interested in ur experiences with the lumbos and the taste/aromas you have experience in colombia or from colombian strains imported over the years

ive heard quite a few say the red was thier fav a younger unc says his fav was panama red which is said to be of the same stock or very similar Cred just grown in panama,but n older unc tells me the legenday status of wackyweed aka Cblack

1luvbigherb

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I have grown Panama Red but it`s been awhile.It`s not anywhere as strong as Cred but has a pine like smell in flower.What I like the most about Panama Red is the pepper after taste in your mouth! I don`t even like pepper that much so I can`t really say why I like the after taste so much ! It`s an other long flowering plant but can`t remember just how long it took.I started it 12/12 indoors early and let it go outside in early fall to finnish up I remember.

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
What I like the most about Panama Red is the pepper after taste in your mouth

that pepper taste seems to be common among the PR, the pheno that wallyduck i believe crossed to c99 was reported to have that pepper flavor in pr

the Cred being stronger that the Pred is interesting ,the spicy flavors of the s.american strains i throughly enjoy .

id love too see you grow out that colombian red

1luvbigherb

S

SnowCap

I'll be growing some Panama Red, Colombian Black, Colombian Gold and Punto Rojo (Colombian Red) They are a real PITA to germ and keep alive, though I should have most survive and will show you guys a nice grow and show this year.

SnowCap

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
snowcap

thats som lineup of sativas
id lov too see these plants grown out

best of luck

1uvbigherb

S

SnowCap

snowcap

thats som lineup of sativas
id lov too see these plants grown out

best of luck

1uvbigherb

Yeah Big Herb,

I know you would be interested..lol The Colombian Gold are up but the others I haven't tried yet. Soon I'll post some pics when they are more photogenic. Take care brother.

Snow

Latest posts

Top Bottom