Colombian Brick Bag Seed Grow

• Thread starter ROweed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

ROweed

As I mentioned in another thread (Here) I am starting an indoor grow with Colombian seeds of different bags from Colombia. They will be under 400w HPS for 12 hours and CFL's for the other 12 hours. The reason is because I have another plant flowering under the HPS so in the morning I move the seedlings under the HPS with the flowering plant for more light and then move them back to another room under the CFL's after twelve hours so they are not left in the dark with the flowering plant. I'll start them in 12/12 when they reach 12" or preflower, whichever comes first. I don't have alot of height in my grow tent.

I started the first 6 seeds around 3/15/11 and they are all from the same bag. Next I started another 20 seeds from various bags one week after these... 3/22/11, they should be sprouting soon.

I am looking at growing a scrOG with 9 plants under this HPS. :harvest:

The plants with the white plastic forks sticking out have organic fertilizer mixed in the organic soil, they were the smallest seedlings at the time of replanting from the white plastic cups to the black plastic bags. I will replant one more time into 4-5 gallon pots. I'll add more pics as the project progresses.

I am hoping that I can cultivate this into a breeding project and start preserving Colombian seeds.

Colombian brick bag seed grow
Colombian brick bag seed grow 2
Colombian brick bag seed grow 3
F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
This will be interesting, :yes good luck bro, looking forward to the show :movie
FJ

R

ROweed

They are starting to smell...mmmhhhh.

I'm still moving them to the flower room each day just to get stronger light and have them used to the HPS. They seems to like their environment and are growing nicely for daddy. I'm also noticing slight purple on some of the stems already. I can't wait to see the buds :makeup

The plan is to scrOG using LSH's LST and scrOG tutorial. Each plant will have it's own 5 gallon bucket.

Grow 032 Large
Grow 029 Large
Grow 030 Large
Grow 027 Large
Grow 028 Large
F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Looks like they are doing great, thanks for the new pictures.
What do they smell of?
FJ

R

ROweed

What do they smell of?
FJ

The tallest, oldest is the one smelling and it smells Skunky! :weed-sign:

It smells nothing like the bag weed it came from which smells like sweet pickles, sorta vinegarish.

B

bluemoonrocks

I am watching homie and can I say I am much interested in this concept and I trully hope you find some gems that you can spread to all of us

Give those plants the love that they deserve!!

R

ROweed

Here is the bag weed that the seeds came from... When I looked closely, I could see a ton of damage to the trichomes that remained and it just looks old. I can tell that there was alot of crystals at one point and it's nice to see the purple and green colors in there. One thing to point out is that I see what looks to be green trichomes. The plants I have growing now smell nothing like this parent weed. My guess is that it is very old and damaged but has great potential. :party0042:

Time will tell :evilgrin0040:

Bud_012.JPG

Bud_013.JPG

IMG_66111.JPG

IMG_66131.JPG

IMG_66141.JPG

IMG_66121.JPG

Motarebel

Motarebel

Sweet! I'm rockin Fried's Colombian Red and love it,can't wait to see what ya come up with.

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
wow i haven't seen brick weed in forever!!! hahaa its going to be really f'ing cool to see what comes out of these seeds,muy curioooosoooo

Y

YG AKTTIVE-RU

That weed looks like somebody was swimming witth itt in tthey pocckett tthen ttried tto dry itt outt tthe nextt day, mustta been good seeds, tthose plantts look healtthy

phenotyper

phenotyper

I cannot wait to see how these turn out. Hopefully you'll find some fire!

F

frostedlove

Looks like your having fun bro cant wait to see the results

Just a side note...you mentioned a quick note about purple steams. Becarefull with this excitement. Some strains can have purple steams but alot of the time its the signs of deficiency. Watch the veins of your leafs, if they go purple, then YEP its not a good purple steam.

My first grow, I was like SICK PURPLE STEAMS! Oh yea we got a winner now:lock:.......little did I know it was not a good thing. all in good time.

Just thought i would pass on a little of my farm insights
Keep rocking it out bro and good luck..

R

ROweed

Looks like your having fun bro cant wait to see the results

Just a side note...you mentioned a quick note about purple steams. Becarefull with this excitement. Some strains can have purple steams but alot of the time its the signs of deficiency. Watch the veins of your leafs, if they go purple, then YEP its not a good purple steam.

My first grow, I was like SICK PURPLE STEAMS! Oh yea we got a winner now:lock:.......little did I know it was not a good thing. all in good time.

Just thought i would pass on a little of my farm insights
Keep rocking it out bro and good luck..

Right on... thanks Frosted! I am always looking for this type of feedback. It helps so much by not reinventing the wheel and saves hours and hours of searches.

Another side note, I transplanted 4 seedlings from some other random bag weed in Colombia. Out of 20 seeds collected in a day of seed hunting, only 4 became seedlings. The shells were too hard it seemed but I am sure age also had something to do with the low germination rate. The ones that made it sprouted so tall so fast, must be the Colombian sativa in them. :) Will be posting those pics soon too.

It's possible that I might take this project outdoors, I was scouting this weekend and found some good spots... we'll see :harvest:

B

budseyeveiw

the plants look nice but the weed looked abit brown. im pullin up a stool anyway i hope you get some lush buds;)

R

ROweed

So I took the four new seeds and found a good spot outdoors in a tropical but elevated climate. I have my fingers crossed.

The other six are looking nice and I topped them a few days ago once the fifth leave set got about 1/2 inch.

IMG 4806 Large
IMG 4804 Large
IMG 4802 Large
R

ROweed

Well my situation is changing a bit and I'm gonna have to finish these outside. They will have to fend for themselves but in this climate at my location, I think they will do fine. :harvest: :harvest: :harvest:

Here's the latest shots... They were topped last week

One more note, the purple in the stems are coming out on all. The leaves are green, not purple. On the really green pic I used the foliage setting on my camera, it really shows the true green.

IMG 4925
IMG 4926
IMG 4927
Top Bottom