Colombian Red Point

• Thread starter thcnology
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

British_Hempire

I guess it wouldn't be so bad if these folks put em to proper use instead of just making the fastest, easiest hacks they can to make a swift and easy profit, sad indeed.

hubcap

hubcap

yeah, true, BH. even then, being a fellow "lover of the plant" its still bad etiquette to, not only betray a mans trust with your word, but, to simply, steal the product that had such hard work put into it. alot of people cant even fathom what it takes to bring a GOOD sativa seed line to the table. i know you do, but, some dont.
kudos for people, like reef, that not only do all this work, but, actually deliver it to our dinner tables.
i had a good vibe from Zam /HHF, but, to this day, nothing has showed and no correspondance from them either. ive just written em off........
no matter how tempting their pics and breeders descriptions are. people that have been around a while, like reef, still seem to deliver fresh goods on a pretty consistient basis.
thats no easy feat!

M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
hubcap, well said !!! I could not have said that any better . monkey5

D

dubi

Good day all,

Hello Reeferman, it's nice to see you still working strong. Hope everything is fine there.

I'm not sure if you are talking about ACE/CBG in your last posts but i'd like to comments a few things clearly:

We swapped a few inbred lines in the past (mainly with charlie, in seed form but never in clone form), and we agred to work with them only in hybrid format.

Your nepalese is a real nice bred and we used her for Nepalese Jam (nepalese x jamaica hybrid). We always have been clear and respectful about her origins.

You also used a congolese (bred in Spain) for your Red Congo or John Sinclair hybrid.

Beside that, all the different genetics and hybrids we have worked in the past years are not related to your work.

Colombia x Manali ( CBG's Capricho) father of Sugar Loaf was bred with colombian wacky weed (brought by 'siete')strain and a manali sativa in the late 90s, quite before charlie met you.

We also have worked with many colombian, punto rojo and panama sativas and none of them came from you.

Chinese yunnan i've working with the past 6 years and the vietnam black selection i did years ago was not related to your stock.

We always have been clear about the origins of the lines we have been working with. Respect is something that this business lost time ago.

Best wishes.

B

Bio Kid

I apologize if this is way off topic...but Dubi I have long admired yours and charlies work, would love to see you all here at the farm........
:bong-hits: peace to all

B

bigbag

grew some columbian roja that was acclimatized 2 southern cali(napa valley),finished in BC in the nick of time(end oct).interesting strain,good thread

T

todgerdelburro

In Colombia Punto Rojo is the cheap commercial brickweed, Corinthian and Santa Marta are usually better and the 'cripi' sensi bud the mafia grow with Dutch genetics in large greenhouses is [by far] the most expensive and strongest thing there.

Please do not complain to me about the mafia polluting/ignoring the local genepool, you go and tell them....

A

Animal

Hola amigos

Hola Reef amigo, hope all is well. I am afraid some doubts due others may confuse you if you referring to us but there is not reason and as usual. I am a word person and you know well. I can see in this site some are selling your Nepalese work from my job after that... and my Chitral Kush work as well and maybe thats reason why.

As favours asked, and as usual some lines were shared for breeding new projects (i know how to sell them too if I wanted but never did, even Pakistan Chitral Kush is been freely shared and used here for long and as others things I shared with you) but not word maintained, not honour corresponded as sadly happens so often and guys are selling them. Why? ask them, are in this site so is so easy to know the truth

For the rest, we keep on working for more than a decade as usual with own landraces and lines shared by friends and collected with the time and are happy to show you our respect back and as always as Dubi explained.

Capricho is a cross of a wild 90's Columbian and a North India Manali. Is stabilized hybrid which even won some local big magazine contest around 2001 in Valencia. Sugarloaf hybrid uses this as father with Pakistan Chitral mom, also winner of some local contests here. Not confusion at all and is been long working into this to know well my jobs

Hope calms down a bit RM, guess I am too old to change now my bahaviours and is a large list of lines and hybrids worked... alone... and decades ;) although getting used to see them sold as others jobs instead, dont wanna play such game having my own tools and will always demand for others same respect I want for myslef

Peace
charlie

B

British_Hempire

Hey Charlie and dubi, great top see you here! I have nothing but the utmost respect for your ethics and breeding.

I didn't realise Charlie did the Colombian x Manali, I am only familiar with the Colombiana (Colombian x Manali) that is sold by another Spanish company, I love Colombian genes and was thinking of getting some of those Colombiana. Now I know that it's Charlie's work, I'm not so keen to give them some of my money. Same company sells an Uzbeki which came from Charlie, I really would like the Uzbeki in pure form but I still have to test grow the Uzbeki x DC from Charlie (many thanks for those mi amigo).

Dubi, the Red Congo you refer to, is this the La Mano Negra Congolese? I think I have some of those seeds, I will have to grow them soon as I loved the RM Red Congolese samples I tried, I didn't know they were related.

hubcap

hubcap

ive learned alot reading charlies posts. it IS indeed a treat to see ya here, posting, farmer "animal"

A

Animal

Hola British, nice to talk :)

Same company I started BH, am same guy, CBG
Hubcap, kindly thank ur words. Best

B

British_Hempire

Hola Charlie

I was referring to Kannabia Seeds, they used to sell a variety called Colombiana which they listed as Colombian x Manali. They also sold a line called Uzbekistan which I thought was probably your Uzbeki. They seem to have stopped making those old regular liens now and just sell feminised seeds, guess I should have bought them while they were available. I don't suppose you know if their Sinaloa Hanging is really a pure Mexican heirloom?

A

Animal

Job came from here BH, some different works for them. Dont know about them now
Also CBG work is into ACE seeds
Best

B

British_Hempire

Job came from here BH, some different works for them. Dont know about them now
Also CBG work is into ACE seeds
Best

Damn, if I had known they were made by you I'd definitely have bought them!

A

Animal

First and last, sorry for not following the line thread, not possible to use privates yet. Thx. Several Congo here BH, Alex (LMN RIP) worked a few, I worked a few as well and other people like Tropical Seeds in this site use a different line as well. I know some reasons for so much confusions but I wont say more, not need to explain here... and Reeferman Congo came from Akene, a CBG ex partner and very good friend. RM and I have chated about it often, thats why I see some have confused him with other stories maybe. BH you know, is not possible to talk always and explain all but I know what I talk.. I dont share clones... never... once I did with OT Hazes you know what happened... over :afroweed:

Now will say about Punto Rojo :) Red Point... known always here in Spain, more than 30 years maybe first time I heard about them...there are so many and different PR depending on area you pick it up and so common and famous weed in Colombia, in Equator and in Peru as well and segregations of in Guatemala, Panama and so in northwest. Some highlands PR finish totally purple. Some are great, some are mellow and not the best.. so variable. Grows making large and long branches like sticks, nice internodal distances. Better calyx to leaf ratio in Moño Rojo variation maybe which can make the eyelash type of hairs appealing, a half rounded hairs structure. Usually worthable and interesting lines to breed with. Columbia was one of the last reductes of original genetics but as said by other person here, times are changing very fast over there as well due fucking globalization and greed of narcos.

Here is Colombian field from a good friend where some present Punto Rojo being grown here come from, in Manizales, Colombia

http://i258.invalid.com/albums/hh246/charlie_garcia/PabloColombiaDSC04480copia.jpg

Details of Punto Rojo starting flowering

http://i258.invalid.com/albums/hh246/charlie_garcia/ColPuntoRojo090217B007copia.jpg

http://i258.invalid.com/albums/hh246/charlie_garcia/ColPuntoRojo090131B010copia.jpg

Best

B

British_Hempire

Thankyou for taking the time to explain Charlie, I understand completely that you cannot say all the details, but what you have explained is sufficient. I shall have to grow the Congolese seeds I have soon. I also have Senegalese from LMN, not heard much said about that one.

It's a big shame that the genetics of Colombia are disappearing, I hope that good people like yourself who are preserving the genetics can save enough of the genepool that the great reds, golds, blacks and purples are never lost forever.

E

el gordo

glad to read posts of the real heads like you and dubi, nice info!

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Nice thread. I hate when I discover a new thread that hasn't been touched in a year lol. Good info here. Any more info/pictures?
Cheers,
Crom

Top Bottom