Coloradan's Please Speak Up!!!

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey Farmers, As of late the ballot measures for Nov are heating up and if your like me, you have had it up to your neck with all the commercials and mudslinging.

We have a prop 205 on the ballot for going recreational and as of late there has emerged a anti measure donor called Insys who donated 500,000 to defeat the measure. They mfgr synthetic,,,,,, yup you got it, cannabis related medicine. Now I am not even real keen on legalization either way but they have been running commercials here using Colorado as a scapegoat and the commercials claim that Colorado schools aren't getting any of the tax money generated by the sales of cannabis. Since I cant speak to it, as I don't live there, can any of you folks that reside in Colo tell me one way or the other if this claim is true ? And if so where is the money going?.

The rest of the nation has been watching you guys closely and they are making wild claims that money going to schools is a big ruse.

Like I said I could give a ratz azz either way but am looking for someone to put me in the know. As I get into convo's with folks here it would be nice to know one way or the other so I speak from knowledge and not speaking out of my butt.

Thanks guys. let your voices be heard. If you can provide any links or real data that would indicate if this is true or false.

xavier7995

xavier7995

It is complicated. The amount of tax revenue collected is a drop in the bucket compared to traditional sources such as property tax. I believe they mostly use the money to help out struggling schools that are not able to generate enough property tax income. This is a pretty good article on it.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Trying to find truth in an election year is tricky!
Fukk bro tryn to find truth anywhere at anytime is a chore nowadayz. I love this quote and how true it is.

" In todays world of universal deciet, telling the TRUTH is a revolutionary act" peace out and thanks for your input.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
It is complicated. The amount of tax revenue collected is a drop in the bucket compared to traditional sources such as property tax. I believe they mostly use the money to help out struggling schools that are not able to generate enough property tax income. This is a pretty good article on it.
Thank you man. I appreciate you!!

xavier7995

xavier7995

If anyone doesn't feel like clicking the article, there is about a 30%-40% tax on pot. That figure is the combination of several smaller taxes. Around half to a third of the 30 goes to schools (15% excise tax) and the rest goes to a general fund. While money for schools is a selling point, it doesn't come close to covering the massive amount of cash education needs.

The article even has a sweet flow chart explaining it all, it is a good quick read on an interesting topic.

Oregon Grown

Oregon Grown

Sounds like a distraction, how does what Colorado chooses to do with the tax dollars generated affect what any other state does with theirs? I have to say I liked it better when Oregon was just a medical state and OLCC wasn't involved.

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

Well not from Colorado but what one will expect being a democratic state is . Its all about controlling you stealing your money which ever way possible and deny everything even when its proven your state government is out to harm you ..
like any mob or union much easier to point a finger at who did it or just deny :) kinda Like Hillary on all her scandals :) Deny Deny deny ..

What ever happens its surely will not benefit you but them
After all Lincoln was killed trying to all freedom of blacks yet a democrat killed him go figure

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Sounds like a distraction, how does what Colorado chooses to do with the tax dollars generated affect what any other state does with theirs? I have to say I liked it better when Oregon was just a medical state and OLCC wasn't involved.
Well of course it s a distraction. Discredit Colo and place the ??? mark over their head and then make AZ voters get all crazy and vote no. But to that end it should not matter, but it can have an effect, since the MPP proponents here arent getting the airtime that Insys can afford.

Our ballot measure is claiming the tax dollars here will go to education. So discredit Colo and sway AZ voters to vote no.

scoop

scoop

Colorado isn't a Democrat leaning state...it's Red as fuck. Only the mountain towns carry the vote for the liberal stuff...like legalizing pot. The ranchers on both sides of the state are redneck as fuck and just as lost politically as most of the conservative clowns in the Midwest are.

It will be interesting to see who/what they believe, jumpin. Either way...it's only a matter of time before legalization hits across the nation. It's also only a matter of time before these crazy high tax figures CO is flaunting start to DIVE as more and more states join in and the monopoly CO/OR/WA have on this ends.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Denver and boulder do help a bit on swinging the state blue, the springs not so much. Eastern colorado is just west kansas, they can fuck right off. Geographically it reminds me of IL where you have one large city and it directs what happens politically; which pisses off 90% of the state based on landmass...but it's like 5% of the actual population that is mad. More people live in my apartment complex than live in some counties.

Had a nice Irish kid knock on the door last night doing voter outreach. He seemed really happy we opened the door and talked with him.

Last edited:
NightsWatch

NightsWatch

You actually think taxes are going to dive ???? you got to be kidding me if anything its going to climb LArge ..
They got you were they want you like taking candy from a kid you will pay what ever taxes they choose ..
How else do you think USA is going to dig them selfs out of that monsterious hole there in what is it now 19 trillion debt ???

Its not going to magically disapear some body has to pay for it i guess why not them pot heads

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

If anyone doesn't feel like clicking the article, there is about a 30%-40% tax on pot. That figure is the combination of several smaller taxes. Around half to a third of the 30 goes to schools (15% excise tax) and the rest goes to a general fund. While money for schools is a selling point, it doesn't come close to covering the massive amount of cash education needs.

The article even has a sweet flow chart explaining it all, it is a good quick read on an interesting topic.
I prefer your reviews. And I'm lazy.

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

Colorado isn't a Democrat leaning state...it's Red as fuck. Only the mountain towns carry the vote for the liberal stuff...like legalizing pot. The ranchers on both sides of the state are redneck as fuck and just as lost politically as most of the conservative clowns in the Midwest are.

It will be interesting to see who/what they believe, jumpin. Either way...it's only a matter of time before legalization hits across the nation. It's also only a matter of time before these crazy high tax figures CO is flaunting start to DIVE as more and more states join in and the monopoly CO/OR/WA have on this ends.
Denver and boulder do help a bit on swinging the state blue, the springs not so much. Eastern colorado is just west kansas, they can fuck right off. Geographically it reminds me of IL where you have one large city and it directs what happens politically; which pisses off 90% of the state based on landmass...but it's like 5% of the actual population that is mad. More people live in my apartment complex than live in some counties.

Had a nice Irish kid knock on the door last night doing voter outreach. He seemed really happy we opened the door and talked with him.
Sorry, guys. The news doesn't tell us what the tax dollars do, these days. Chances are they will blow all. But, the real news is Eastern Colorado is booming, because of the green rush. Yeah, there's only 285 people in our little town, but that's a lot more than our last census. Money comes from out of staters, here to buy rec weed. We all know someone, or grow ourselves.

scoop

scoop

All I know is that I'm not one of the folks filling their tax coffer. The only times I've been to the dispensary are when friends come in from out of town and want to experience expensive buds and incredibly high taxation on those buds. :(

Either way....I miss the 90's.

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

I bought a couple grams when rec weed came out. I was disappointed in the quality, and shocked by the outrageous price. The govt won't get anymore weed tax dollars from me. Everyone staying safe from these forest fires? We are over 80 miles away, but still had lots of smoke blotting out the sun.

xavier7995

xavier7995

I think it is a pretty cool experience, not quite Amsterdam coffee shop cool, but being able to walk into a legitimate brick and mortar store to buy weed is incredible. I am willing to pay the high taxes for the novelty. As has been said, it's mostly for people visiting colorado though or very casual locals. Would go broke quick at the prices being charged for weed that just isn't that great. no clue why anyone wouldn't grow their own supply. I do visit one every three to six months when I want some sort of oil cartridge or other manufactured product (looks at weed soda...yep gotta try it for science.)

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I think it is a pretty cool experience, not quite Amsterdam coffee shop cool, but being able to walk into a legitimate brick and mortar store to buy weed is incredible. I am willing to pay the high taxes for the novelty. As has been said, it's mostly for people visiting colorado though or very casual locals. Would go broke quick at the prices being charged for weed that just isn't that great. no clue why anyone wouldn't grow their own supply. I do visit one every three to six months when I want some sort of oil cartridge or other manufactured product (looks at weed soda...yep gotta try it for science.)
Whitey, you never get high on your own supply, didn't you listen to NWA?

You should science the shit out of that soda.

Related, kinda:
Chemists

Top Bottom