• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
CLUB 64: Colorado’s First Cannabis Club Opens Today

Yesterday, we told you about The White Horse Inn’s plans to open up their “Coffee Shop” on New Year’s Day. We, along with other websites referred to it as Colorado’s first Coffee Shop. It turns out, another set of eager entrepreneurs (led by the notorious, Robert Corry) have announced that they will be opening Colorado’s first cannabis club TONIGHT (new year’s eve), right here in Denver!
Club 64 opens up tomorrow at 4:20 at a location disclosed to members only and promises to provide “music, dancing, conversation, and Cannabis”. According to their press release, “there will be private legal usage of cannabis, where people will exercise their constitutional right to celebrate and make history. This marks the first-ever legal gathering in a chartered members-only club devoted to the use of cannabis, as permitted by the Colorado Constitution, Article XVIII section 16 (Amendment 64).”
Yearly memberships can currently be purchased for $29.99 at Club 64′s Website or email [email protected] for information about purchasing memberships at the door!

FULL PRESS RELEASE:
“Club 64,” Americas First Legal Recreational Cannabis Club Opening Today at 4:20 p.m.
With the passage of Amendment 64 legalizing recreational cannabis in Colorado, where can people who prefer marijuana over alcohol use cannabis safely? Americas First Recreational Cannabis Club, “Club 64″ opening December 31, 2012 in Denver Colorado, will provide this dream place for the cannabis consumer.
Club 64, LLC, will open at 4:20 p.m. on December 31, 2012, in a location disclosed to members only through the website Club-64.com. At Club 64, there will be private legal usage of cannabis, where people will exercise their constitutional right to celebrate and make history. This marks the first-ever legal gathering in a chartered members-only club devoted to the use of cannabis, as permitted by the Colorado Constitution, Article XVIII section 16 (Amendment 64). Membership will be available to deserving individuals invited to join the exclusive club. The Club operates in compliance with applicable laws.
Media inquiries can be made to Club 64’s General Counsel, Robert J. Corry, Jr., a leading cannabis attorney who was recently personally profiled in a Denver Post Editorial Board piece. It is rare for the State’s largest newspaper’s Editorial Board to editorialize about a specific individual, but Corry is personally credited with Colorado’s legalization of cannabis.
“Club 64 is a legal cannabis club, the first of its kind since the voters of Colorado wisely cast off the shackles of Prohibition,” stated Corry. This will be a great way to ring in the New Year for Members, with music, dancing, conversation, and Cannabis.” For more information go to www.Club-64.com.
FIRST LEGAL PRIVATE CANNABIS CLUB
Robert J. Corry, Jr. Esq.
General Counsel, Club 64
600 Seventeenth Street Suite 2800 South Tower
Denver, Colorado 80202 USA
Cellular Telephone 720-629-7112
www.RobCorry.com
[email protected]
Please share this information using the links below!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
they Joined Facebook
9 hours ago

I cant wait to see photos...

and to see what happens ;)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
dude has balls of steel...and money to lose apparently o_O

peeps are selling weed on FB nowadays though:confused:

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Come...be seen! Be important like Robert...Colorado's $300 an hour pot "activist"...

yawn...stretch...fart.

"Lookie, at the Parade..."[/quote
Flambouant as this guy...sorry could not resist...
533270 10150899258064440 1592321717 n

K

kolah

Robert "Bendict Arnold" Corry's true colors showing through?

He will not only line his pockets with DUI-D cases but will also suck in money from the 64 issue. And to top it off this bloke sits on the Amend 64 regulatory board.

OTOH it should be interesting to see how this goes. If he is allowed to open and run his club, will others quickly follow? What does he know that we may not know? Hmm. Maybe he feels (or knows) it's a safe business operation.

sky high

sky high

Speculating here....

$30 gets you in to smoke your own weed and maybe what others will share?

Kinda misrepresentation IMO.....as if this is a "coffeeshop" ala Amsterdam where weed can be purchased and consumed onsite. Consumed...yes. Sold. Nope. No "admission" fee in the Dam. Sorry Bob. Try again.

I wonder how much a photo with Bob will cost? :rolleyes:

"starts with a B...ends with a B...has an O in the middle...."

bevin

bevin

Well shyt im gonna open up a coffee shop now. any one got some capital cause we already have the coffee shop plan. lol

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
I imagine there's five other similar groups not foolish enough to advertise

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Keep in mind the one that got shut down is not the same one referenced at the beginning of the thread.

outwest

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I may take some flack for this but I really don't see what is so wrong about Robert Corry opening this club. I am sure none of you would even give a second thought if he opened a bar that serves alcohol. So what is the big deal that he opened a cannabis club? If you are upset that he made a point to be the first, well someone had to be first; and why not be proud of the fact that this club will be the first?

If it is the idea that this guy is making money off Cannabis, I have absolutely no problem with that. The only people who cannot get upset about that are the people who have NEVER sold a single bag, gram, nug or even seed of herb and have given away copious amounts. I know I have certainly sought to make some money selling herb. So what is the big deal that this guy is legally sanctioned to do so? Corry is obviously a businessman and businessmen will start new businesses where there is opportunity, and I only see that as good business. In all honesty if there is going to be someone who is profiting off this opportunity I would rather it be a private businessman who has worked to make Cannabis legal rather than Phillip Morris, or Monsanto, or Dupont or some other conglomerate.

So where many of you are upset at this I say congratulations and good luck to Robert Corry. I am excited to see that people in this country are willing to take advantage of the law. The people of Colorado worked very hard for a long time to make Cannabis legal within the state, and if no one made a point to take advantage of the new law would be very disappointing. I do understand that this new law isn't about opening Cannabis stores, but at the same time it is. Many of us here (including myself) have stated that Cannabis can be a boon to the USA's economy and without the businesses selling Cannabis that boon will never happen. I look forward to more people starting businesses based on Cannabis. With more and more Cannabis businesses the more strength Amendment 64 holds, this is because the people of Colorado and the United States will demand that their rights are upheld and the central government of the USA has a little less control on the individuals of this country. I honestly see this as a positive moment for the Cannabis community and the United States.

I am not writing this to be contradictory or start a fight, just to voice my opinion. As I stated earlier I genuinely do not understand the negative reaction to this action.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Corry is smart, he led the way, now everyone and anyone that wants to open one of these will be in line to retain his legal services...he cashes in way more on his legal services than he does bein an advocate for the movement..I look at this as more marketing for legal work than a cat promoting the cause..

I also see it more as a place where people with no weed can meet people with weed, kinda like the old Oriental Theatre swap meet thing..other than that I see no reason at all to want to get dressed, get out drivin, and hangout in some warehouse just smoke your own weed with total strangers...now rent a booth in the corner to hawk your goods, now thats another story which I am sure will be goin on...or maybe you just kick up a flat fee to the house so you can hustle, maybe a percentage....kinda like pool huslters used to do.

Tex

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Excellent points Tex.

Im sure there will be some deals being made at those clubs..

K

kolah

Corry's was pretty dumb as he opened up for biz before the lease started. As of now, his business venture is shut down. Doh!

I am sure he'll find another place to open up, let folks get high, drive home, get a DUI-D and then have to call Old Robby to battle it out in the courts. Win-win for Slickster-Shyster Corry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom