Colorado 4x4's

• Thread starter LeroyBrown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pikes peak 69

Used too back before lost my eyes.

There are a lot of cool places to go. Some 4x4 clubs that do outings as well.

LeroyBrown

LeroyBrown

ive been joking about getting my truck up pikes peak. I think i am gonna sellit before i move though. I have ample vehicles. i wonder if they sell for more in Colorado where something like my truck would find real use besides just a play toy. Something to think about

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

OOOO yeyah... Fall river road is kick ass. TONS of great wheeling out here. Old mining roads, lots of BLM, old mountain passes. We took my buggy over mosquito pass before it had the turbo. The carb had a hard time at 13,000ft so hopefully you're fuel injected or turbo or rejet that carb before the trip! You'll need those 37's if your truck is full sized. The wheeling can get as gnarly as you want. there are some good books for wheeling in CO, or just get a CO gazette that has all of the trails for the state in it. We went from glenwood springs to breckenridge on off road trails. CO has some of the best and most accessible wheeling in the US for sure due to half of the land being owned by the state or the govt.

sky high

sky high

The auto parts stores here are gonna LOVE you, Leroy. LOL. The mountains always win...though it can be fun making the challenge (if said auto parts store is nearby!).

I used to get out and about years ago when I was a drinking man. In those days...our rule was that if there wasn't beer dripping off the headliner you just weren't going for it enough...

Had an '84 Nissan King cab.... a Mitsubshi Montero (a 2 door that would climb a tree) and a 'yota pickemup that I've 4 wheeled in over the years...

and before ya laugh....those small trucks aren't as BEEFY as the full-size ones...but i've been in MANY places out here where the road was so narrow the trees were scarred and there were Ford/Dodge/Chevy side mirrors littering the trail.... yet my Nissan squeezeed through.... LOL..

over the years I've found that I enjoy the solitude and don't wanmna wrench on trucks anymore...so these days I take the mellow roads and smoke a lotta weed rather than white knuckle it...LOL.

yup..join a club. Like-minded folks will take you great places and help ya out. Goin' it alone (or without a wench/jack and the knowledge how to use 'em extensively) is trouble, fo' sho....

enjoy...with respect.

s h

LeroyBrown

LeroyBrown

She's a big ole bitch :)

3ne3m83pd5V35O25R3a4596cda07c71a41a2d.jpg

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I hear ya about skinny. Short is nice too, I haven't had to back down a trail yet.

Buggy pics 001
C

canaguy27

I've got an old landcruiser and am a member of a landcruiser club. You might check out frontrange4x4.com. They are a local club as well that will let any vehicle in

Z

zDisturbedz

Man I miss wheeling. We used to have a Wrangler Rubicon a couple years back. The wife and I took that thing everywhere but it was a pain to get the car seat for my son in and out so she traded it in for a charger. Biggest mistake we ever made car wise, should have kept the Rubi, would have been paid off by now and could have put some money in to turn it into a beast rock crawler. We have our eye on the 4 door Rubi though so maybe in a year or two I can get back into it.

S

SweetIslandFunk

been looking to get my first wheeler going. I had a rover but it was stolen before i got started on it.

Trend

Trend

Gotta cherokee and a 4runner done up for cheap. Hit eaglerock and a few other places. Good times.

Top Bottom