Colorado Board Of Health and Enviroment Contact Info :: PLEASE CONTACT THEM

• Thread starter Spacecadet01
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Spacecadet01

This is how we start to win..Let them hear Colorado people! Id suggest everyone copy and pasting all the addresses in one email. Be polite..state your case. If they all recieve hundreds of emails..it will get them thinking for sure! ***PLEASE EVERYONE THAT READS THIS..REPOST THIS INFO ON ALL MMJ BOARDS YOU ARE A PART OF!*** LETS GET THE WHOLE COMMUNITY ONLINE INVOLVED. THEY GAVE US TILL DEC 16TH. LETS USE THE TIME WISELY

STATE OF COLORADO BOARD OF HEALTH

President
Glenn H. Schlabs
Sherman & Howard, LLC
90 S. Cascade Ave.
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
E-mail: [email protected]
719-475-2440
FAX: 719-635-4576

Vice-President
Laura J. Davis
Ball Aerospace & Technologies
9675 W. 108th Circle
Westminster, CO 80021
303-533-7095
FAX: 303-533-7249

Larry W. Kipe, MD
Moffat Family Clinic
600 Russell
Craig, CO 81625-2018
970-824-3252
FAX: 970-824-8025

Jeanne T. McGinnis
Exempla Lutheran Medical Center
8300 West 38th Avenue
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
303-467-4207
FAX: 303-425-8198

Philip Mehler, MD
Denver Health
777 Bannock Street, MC 0278
Denver, CO 80204
E-mail : [email protected]
303-436-3234

Kindra Mulch
Kit Carson County
P.O. Box 70
Burlington, CO 80807
719-346-7158
FAX: 719-346-8066

Christine Nevin-Woods, DO, MPH
Pueblo City-County Health Dept.
101 West 9th Street
Pueblo, CO 81003 E-mail: [email protected]
719-583-4512
FAX: 719-583-4554

Joelle Riddle
La Plata County Board of County Commissioners
1060 E. 2nd Ave.
Durango, CO 81301
970-382-6216
FAX: 970-382-6299

Joan Sowinski
Centennial, CO 80015
303-332-7904

Secretary (Ex-Officio member)
James B. Martin
Executive Director, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
4300 Cherry Creek Drive S.
Denver, CO 80246-1530
303-692-2011 FAX: 303-691-7702
Board of Health

Board Administrator
Karen Osthus
303-692-3466 FAX: 303-691-7702

Program Assistant
Linda Shearman
303-692-3464 FAX: 303-691-7702

Mailing Address/Web Site
State Board of Health
Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
4300 Cherry Creek Drive S., EDO-A5
Denver, CO 80246-1530
Board of Health Web site:
Department Web site:

C

canaguy27

It there an official procedure for them to read our comments? Or do we just email them?

S

Spacecadet01

Id just copy and paste all there emails into one email and send them all the same letter. Please spread this info far and wide to any our website your part of. Lets get our voices heard!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Tell them what? what is the unified message we are to deliver? gotta have a single focus mission when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Last year they held a boot camp, I think it was Mason, that basically went through all the different ins and outs and processes of making yourself get noticed and get your message heard by the establishment. It was sponsered by Safer Colorado I believe and was extreamely, extreamely informative as to how to shake up city hall and state government. The board had mayors, council people, activist, professional lobbyist, attorneys, you name it, they were there giving thier insite into the inner workings of the government machine. The biggest common thread in all of it was to have a unified message, a common goal, a common slate of issues, even if it is one you don't wholey agree with, and so far i have yet to hear what anybody is fighting for, only that they want to fight about it. If they have the boot camp again, you all should go..

So,

What are you wanting the board to do specifically?

What do you NOT want the board to do specifically?

Are you fighting about regulating despensaries? what specifically? location, hours, patients, prices, etc?

Are you fighting about regulating patients? what specifically? plant count, dry wieght count?

What are you despensary guys fighting for? no patient limit? no zoning considerations? different tax schedule? not have to know your patients?

Think about it...

Tex

S

Spacecadet01

I will def do some research on the boot camp..thanks for the info. I think each person who emails the board of health will have there own opinion on whats important to them. This is an opportunity for anyone that has something to say..to be able to say it directly to the memeber of the board of health. I dont think it can hurt to have individuals voice there opinions thru email...even if there opinions due differ. just my .02 trying to help out where I can.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I will def do some research on the boot camp..thanks for the info. I think each person who emails the board of health will have there own opinion on whats important to them. This is an opportunity for anyone that has something to say..to be able to say it directly to the memeber of the board of health. I dont think it can hurt to have individuals voice there opinions thru email...even if there opinions due differ. just my .02 trying to help out where I can.

But that is the problem, according to the powers that be, 10,000 individual opinions is a waste of time and energy. Disjointed movements don't go very far very fast according to most elected officials. College movements and college age activist as well, they go nowhere, because they are mostly out of state non-voting people that are the most vocal and when it comes down to it it is about the vote and gettin re-elected.

Mason at Safer is the king about staying on message and on point, alot could be gleened from him for sure.

Tex

true grit

true grit

From doing previous lobbying for MMJ- TK nailed it on the head. People can call all day and say how they feel....politicians don't care. Approach them politely, organized, pointedly, and most importantly HAVE A GAME PLAN. Most goes in one ear and out the other, but if you have a suggested, documented, organzed, and logical course of future action, they will be much more responsive. These people don't understand what we do or why, and are making decisions soley after reading papers and responding to upset rants....which leads us in the direction we're going.

Be organized, challenge them intellectually but fairly, require them to think but most importantly if you are trying to get somewhere....dont just come out and embarrass them. I have seen more political retaliation for the reason of bruised egos of politicians than you could even imagine. \

Possibly consider getting with other politically active folks and not only finding a game plan but look into future changes that might help....

Is "caregiver" the term that CO MMJ wants to retain? Could there be a better outcome, clarity and organization with a new term for providing that doesn't have previous medical association? Something that we and politicians can lay out and define clearly and beneficially to all parties instead of combatting over a widely interpreted term?

How about dispensaries? I personally don't think doctors should be allowed to practice at clinics and give immediate recs. Does that mean I haven't sent some folks to cheap evaluations? No, but doesn't mean that a lot of the situation wouldnt be different with some small clarifications.

Plant limits/possession: Obviously not reasonable. This should be discussed in great detail what is fair to patients and prevents over involvement and concern of law enforcement. What if plant numbers were doubled or tripled, and we develop co-operatives for patients to get affordable,top notch meds legally without having to sign over caregiver rights and perhaps one day being able to work with the group and learn to provide for themselves.(except there needs to be a different term as co-op as its obvious that falls into the "caregiver" wide interpretation by the law category..)

Anyways just a few spots in my opinion that could be fairly and clearly presented in an organized manner to some politicians. But if you want change....these groups better get some plans laid on paper before this Dec. 16th meeting or politics will sit back. listen, take the ball and run as they please.

sky high

sky high

Agreed. I fear the rants will be long and will waste time. Folks need to realize and UNDERSTAND Amendment 20 and ask for REASONABLE regulation.

for discussion's sake and to foster input...I think this way:

Plant counts need raised/possession limits need raised. 6/6 seems reasonabale with a lb in house for each patient.

dispensaries need to be allowed "x" amount of herb in-house..much like they do in A-Dam where each establishment can have a pound on hand. This would wpipe out the 'we need your plant count to supply you bud" BS and the stacking/swiping of caregiverships, IMO.

limit caregiverships to 5......place no additional regs on growers....just let them grow/take care of the needs of those 5 folks and allow them to help supply the dispensary and keep this all as a COLORADO machine/entity

Want more cards/limits/have plans to grow BIG? Buy a permit...be subject to inspection...place a cap on 'per pound' pricing and collect taxes/track sales.

Things were fine before the "rush"....so IMO we need to be very reasonable and HOPE they don't over-react.

No..it isn't a complete or completely thought out list...just coffee-fuled/bong loaded ideas...

I say we send TK as our representative. Talk about understanding *it* all the way around...

sky

sky high

sky high

addendum: After having the pleasure of meeting true grit this week...I say we send him and TK both as our reps! LOL.

sky

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I stay in the rear with the gear...lol

They are goin to regulate it no matter what so the more you can actually frame the discussion and laws around what you would like it all gravey..instead of saying we don't want you to change anything, no rules, whatever..

If it is plant count, don't just moan about it being to few, tell them it needs to be 24, 36, or, whatever but give them the number to shoot down, not let them figure one out for you..I personally like Oaklands count of 72 or 74 i think, that is almost perfect for flower and veg setups.

If its about patient count, do you want it unlimited or do you want limits? if limits, how many, exactly..not more or I don't have enough, that is all for inturpretation by them and is not goin to nearly as favorable to the cause.

Then refine it down to a single message and letter before you go into battle..to a politician 10,000 letters that say the exact same thing from their voting constituants means way way more than 10,000 totally unique complaints and solutions to a problem.

Tex

S

Spacecadet01

You make some good points..I agree with you on all of them. But until we have that one specific message..we have to start somewhere...and if that somehwere is emailing the board of health then so be it.

C

canaguy27

Why don't we put something together. Ill start a list:

Increase Plant Count to 60 per patient (veg & flower) with 20 clones. And allow possession limits to cover harvest numbers.
License dispensaries and put limits on proximity to schools, etc.
Allow dispensaries to carry 5 lbs total of product.

just brainstorming here, so please ad/change

S

Spacecadet01

here is something CTI put together...its a nice start!

DRAFT: Colorado Medical Cannabis Patient and Caregiver Protection Act
Note: This bill was written by the CTI Medical Cannabis Policy Group and is not an official bill of the State of
Colorado. It is a suggestion and all comments and suggestions from anyone are welcome.
Send all comments to: [email protected]
Updated: Oct. 31, 2009
A Bill for an Act 1

Be it enacted the General Assembly of the State of Colorado:
XX-XX-101. Short title. This article shall be known and may be cited as the "Medical Cannabis Patient and Caregiver Protection Act."
XX-XX-102. Purposes
(1) The purpose of this article is to implement Article XVIII, Section 14 of the Colorado Constitution, known as the Colorado's Medical Marijuana Amendment, and to regulate and encourage the operation of facilities lawfully used for the acquisition, cultivation, possession, manufacture, production, sale, distribution, dispensing, storage or transportation of medical cannabis and medical cannabis herbal remedies. This article is intended:
(a) To permit the safe and affordable distribution of medical cannabis to legal patients.
(b) To help ensure that legal patients and their primary caregivers who engage in the legal acquisition, cultivation, possession, manufacture, production, sale, distribution, dispensing, storage or transportation of medical cannabis solely for the legal patient's medical treatment are not subject to criminal prosecution, sanction or discrimination.
Cannabis Therapy Institute Draft Bill -- Page 2

(c) To protect patients from the adverse impacts of irresponsible medical cannabis distribution, storage and use practices.
XX-XX-103. Definitions
(1) "Cannabis" shall have the same meaning as the definition of "marihuana" or "marijuana" as set forth in Colorado Revised Statute 18-18-102 (18), but if that definition is amended by state law in the future, as amended. Currently, the definition is: "Marihuana" or "marijuana" means all parts of the plant cannabis sativa L., whether growing or not, the seeds thereof, the resin extracted from any part of the plant, and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the plant, its seeds, or its resin. It does not include fiber produced from the stalks, oil or cake made from the seeds of the plant, or sterilized seed of the plant which is incapable of germination if these items exist apart from any other item defined as "marihuana" in this subsection (18). "Marihuana" does not include marihuana concentrate as defined in subsection (19) of this section.
(3) "Medical cannabis caregiver business" means any business entity, including employees, engaged in retail sales of medical cannabis herbal products that is owned and operated by one or more primary caregivers with the purpose of providing medical cannabis products and other services to legal patients.
(4) "Medical cannabis collective" means any collection of 2 or more persons comprised exclusively and entirely of legal patients and the primary caregivers of those patients, including employees, with the purpose to provide education, referral, or networking services to patients, and to facilitate or assist patients in acquiring their medicine, including, but not limited to, the cultivation, manufacture, production, sale, distribution, dispensing, storage or transportation of medical cannabis herbal products for medical use by legal patients.
Cannabis Therapy Institute Draft Bill -- Page 3

(5) "Medical cannabis herbal product" means cannabis and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of cannabis, its seeds, or its resin manufactured solely for the medical use of legal Colorado patients. It does not include the stalks or roots or oil or cake made from the seeds of the plant, or sterilized seed of the plant which is incapable of germination.
(6) "Patient" shall have the same meaning as the definition provided in Article XVIII § 14 of the Colorado Constitution or by any rules promulgated by the Colorado Board of Health and Environment.
(7) "Primary caregiver" shall have the same meaning as the definition provided in Article XVIII § 14 of the Colorado Constitution or by any rules promulgated by the Colorado Board of Health and Environment.
XX-XX-104. Exemptions from article
(1) Any patient who cultivates or manufactures cannabis for his or her own personal medical use is exempt from the requirements of this article.
(2) Recognizing that there are smaller caregivers that do not need to be subject to additional regulations, primary caregivers who are serving the needs of _______ or fewer patients are exempt from the requirements of this article.
XX-XX-105. Medical cannabis caregiver service business – description
(1) A medical cannabis caregiver service business must obtain a State of Colorado business license and obtain all applicable sales tax permits.
(2) A medical cannabis caregiver service business must pay all required state and local taxes on all transactions, unless the business is a tax-exempt non-profit organization.
(3) A medical cannabis business must provide other services to their patients besides solely acquisition of medicinal cannabis. These services can include, but are not limited to, doctor referral, therapy consultation, transportation arrangements, and other alternative therapies.
Cannabis Therapy Institute Draft Bill -- Page 4

XX-XX-106. Medical cannabis collective – description
(1) The State of Colorado recognizes that some legal patients may not be able to undertake all the physical activities necessary to cultivate cannabis for personal medical use. Accordingly, this section recognizes that legal patients and their primary caregivers may join together to form medical cannabis collectives for the purpose of cultivating and manufacturing medical cannabis and pooling their resources solely for the personal medical use of the members.
(2) Membership in a medical cannabis collective must be restricted to legal patients and their primary caregivers. However, the medical cannabis collective may hire employees or contractors who are non-patients to facilitate the business of the collective.
(3) Medical cannabis collectives and each member thereof, shall not sell, barter, give away, or otherwise distribute cannabis to non-members of the medical cannabis collective.
XX-XX-107. Allowed practices
All patients, primary caregivers, medical cannabis caregiver service businesses, or medical cannabis collectives may engage in the acquisition, cultivation, possession, manufacture, production, sale, distribution, dispensing, storage or transportation of medical cannabis herbal products for medical use by legal Colorado patients as provided in Article XVIII § 14 of the Colorado Constitution.
XX-XX-108. Immunity from prosecution To be added.
XX-XX-109. Affirmative defense
To be added.
XX-XX-110. Permitted zoning districts
(1) Medical cannabis caregiver service businesses shall be allowed in any retail, commercial, industrial, or agricultural zoning district.
Cannabis Therapy Institute Draft Bill -- Page 5

(2) Medical cannabis primary caregivers and medical cannabis collectives that do not sell retail products shall be allowed in any zoning district.
XX-XX-111. Special requirements
Medical cannabis primary caregivers, medical cannabis caregiver service businesses, and medical cannabis collectives shall:
(1) Be subject to the same sign codes as other businesses in the same zoning district.
(2) Provide adequate security on the premises to ensure patient safety.
(3) Provide handicapped access as required by federal law.
XX-XX-112. Patient rights
No person shall discriminate against a patient in any way for their medical use of cannabis. This includes, but is not limited to, discrimination in areas of employment and drug testing, health insurance, social services, probation, financial aid, veteran's benefits, or housing programs.
XX-XX-113. Police procedures and training
(1) Within six months of the date that this chapter becomes effective, the training materials handbooks, and printed procedures of all law enforcement agencies in the state shall be updated to reflect its provisions. These updated materials shall be made available to all law enforcement officers in the regular course of their training and service.
(2) Medical cannabis-related activities shall be the lowest possible priority of all the law enforcement agencies in the state.
(3) Patients, primary caregivers, medical cannabis caregiver service businesses, or medical cannabis collectives that come into contact with law enforcement will not be cited or arrested and medical cannabis herbal products in their possession will not be seized if they are in compliance with the provisions of this article.
Cannabis Therapy Institute Draft Bill -- Page 6

(4) Patients, primary caregivers, medical cannabis caregiver service businesses, or medical cannabis collectives who come into contact with law enforcement and cannot establish or demonstrate their legal status, but are otherwise in compliance with the provisions of this article, will not be cited or arrested and medical cannabis herbal products in their possession will not be seized if:
(a) based on the activity and circumstances, the officer determines that there is no evidence of criminal activity;
(b) the claim to be a legal patient, primary caregiver, medical cannabis collective or medical cannabis caregiver service businesss is credible; or
(c) proof of status as a legal patient, primary caregiver, medical cannabis collective, or medical cannabis caregiver service businesses can be provided to the Police Department within three business days of the date of contact with law enforcement.
(5) A legal patient, primary caregiver, medical cannabis caregiver service business or medical cannabis collective may transport medical cannabis within the State of Colorado. A legal patient, primary caregiver, medical cannabis caregiver service business or medical cannabis collective may not be charged with DUI based solely on the presence of medical cannabis in the motor vehicle, if the patient or primary caregiver did not also present sufficient evidence of impairment at the time of arrest.
(6) A legal patient, primary caregiver, medical cannabis caregiver service business or medical cannabis collective may possess medical equipment or paraphernalia used to smoke, vaporize or otherwise consume cannabis for medical use only by legal patients.

S

Smokin

OUTSTANDING... FOCUSED/united is everything. How many votes will the support/opposition of any issue get them... and majority dictates. Their own agenda/preservation is really all any politician is concerned about. LISTEN TO TK... DECIDE/firmly what you want (do not just let them decide) and get the strength of as many numbers/votes behind it as we can!

Top Bottom