Colorado Court Says Cops Can Destroy Pot, Not Save It

• Thread starter LocalGrowGuy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

More busts now?

excerpt:
DENVER (AP) — Colorado may consider marijuana legal, but police don’t have to take care of any weed seized in a criminal investigation, according to a state Supreme Court decision that upends years of evidence requirements hated by law enforcement agencies.

The decision issued Monday reverses a 2013 lower court that police officers can’t simply destroy pot after they take it as evidence in a case. Instead, police in Colorado have to care for the marijuana, either by keeping the plants alive or by returning dried marijuana in usable form.

more:
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/01/23/colorado-court-issues-striking-marijuana-evidence-change/

iKharon

iKharon

More busts now?

excerpt:
DENVER (AP) — Colorado may consider marijuana legal, but police don’t have to take care of any weed seized in a criminal investigation, according to a state Supreme Court decision that upends years of evidence requirements hated by law enforcement agencies.

The decision issued Monday reverses a 2013 lower court that police officers can’t simply destroy pot after they take it as evidence in a case. Instead, police in Colorado have to care for the marijuana, either by keeping the plants alive or by returning dried marijuana in usable form.

more:
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/01/23/colorado-court-issues-striking-marijuana-evidence-change/
Just means if you have too much, which is silly because you can have an oz, but they can't just "ditch it" and give you a warning. I dunno man.. who drives around with that much anyway. Keep it at home and have no fear

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Just means if you have too much, which is silly because you can have an oz, but they can't just "ditch it" and give you a warning. I dunno man.. who drives around with that much anyway. Keep it at home and have no fear
The question was more or less rhetorical. I know what the ruling says and I understand the meaning. What are the short and long term consequences of cops no longer being required to babysit flowers from drug busts?

I have an extended plant count and high possession limit for several reasons relating to transportation, taking product to processing for concentrates and/or edibles, delivering meds to homebound and non-local patients and friends/family, but more than anything for peace of mind. I would rather pay for an extended plant count and increased possession just to have it on me if I ever get stopped or harassed. Having a med card with proper paperwork will go much further with LEO if I am ever contacted while in possession. For me, my biggest fear is ignorant law enforcement. This supreme court ruling will trickle down eventually and embolden our popo's to go ahead with those knock and talks and stepped up enforcement of plant counts etc. I don't drive high but that doesn't mean it stays at home, and I am not going to ration my meds just because random legislator asshats continue with their 'tour de blosse' en masse.

Not that LEO really took any concern before, but I would assume this is a net negative for patients.

iKharon

iKharon

The way I see it, cops that are dicks will always be dicks. "Plate light's out." Instant PC.. a good cop isn't going to harass. And should you get stopped by a dick cop and you're doing what you can to remain within the scope of the law, they still won't give a shit. A good cop stopping you, and you show evidence of you means of abiding by state, county laws, then they'll be cool and understanding... warn you, tell you what you need to be in compliance, etc. That's why there's "officer discretion". I'm not arguing with you brother, or trying to say one thing or another refuting info.. just saying, imo, it won't change shit. Other than give dick cops more ground to stand on in court. That's all.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

The way I see it, cops that are dicks will always be dicks. "Plate light's out." Instant PC.. a good cop isn't going to harass. And should you get stopped by a dick cop and you're doing what you can to remain within the scope of the law, they still won't give a shit. A good cop stopping you, and you show evidence of you means of abiding by state, county laws, then they'll be cool and understanding... warn you, tell you what you need to be in compliance, etc. That's why there's "officer discretion". I'm not arguing with you brother, or trying to say one thing or another refuting info.. just saying, imo, it won't change shit. Other than give dick cops more ground to stand on in court. That's all.
This is nowhere close to an argument, and I don't understand why civil discourse among adults is like a magical unicorn farting pixy dust. It's all good fellow farmer.

I don't give a shit about cops, I give a shit about defending myself in court, and an affirmative defense goes a lot further than 'that cop is a liar.'. In my opinion.

xavier7995

xavier7995

I just like the idea that folks in the sickly plants forum are actually cops trying not to blow their case. Hell no we won't help diagnose that deficiency!

Alternatively, someone standing up in court and calling out the cops for replacing their dank nugzzzzz with a brick o mex.

Edit: invest in a prius if you want to not get pulled over.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I just like the idea that folks in the sickly plants forum are actually cops trying not to blow their case. Hell no we won't help diagnose that deficiency!

Alternatively, someone standing up in court and calling out the cops for replacing their dank nugzzzzz with a brick o mex.

I think you should find a different way to charge your prius X.
Ironyprius

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I honestly don't leave my house with less than 2 zips

Dude shut up they are watching AMD now know your secret

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I'm thinking of becoming a full time MS Master Painter
Copnpk

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
cop took a sack from me once 1/2 zip or so. gave ticket.
I watched him open trunk of patrol car, open sack smell it look around he then put sack inside his shirt closed trunk drove off.
Went to court dismissed cop never showed..
Sure he destroyed it.lol....

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I'm convinced that the majority of cops now days, become cops because either they were bullies in school and want to continue picking on people or they want to take drugs and money from people and get away with it. They enjoy ruining innocent people's lives and causing them mental anguish while locking them in a cage with real criminals because daddy never played with them as a kid or big brother picked on them...

Latest posts

Top Bottom