Colorado Division Of Insurance Announces Significant Changes To The Individual Market

• Thread starter LocalGrowGuy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
scoop

scoop

It sucks...and the coverage we have is nowhere near (as expensive or as good) what the wife had from her employer....but it is what it is. Fortunately we can afford it...but...(lots of folks can't)

We may tap your knowledge if (when) things change. It's simply a shit show to shop for this ca-ca....

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

It sucks...and the coverage we have is nowhere near (as expensive or as good) what the wife had from her employer....but it is what it is. Fortunately we can afford it...but...(lots of folks can't)

We may tap your knowledge if (when) things change. It's simply a shit show to shop for this ca-ca....
You should most definitely use an agent for your health insurance moving forward. There is no fee for our services, you won't pay more or less by working with an agent or by working direct. The difference is what we bring to the table. We are not captive to any one carrier, we work with everyone.

Rocky Mountain had better rates in the mountain counties but in 2017 they will be in Mesa county only.

This is the next step in the eventual takeover of insurance carriers. This stuff that is happening will be blamed on the carriers, even though they are required to spend 80% of premium dollars on claims. The days of triple million dollar bonuses are over for executives. People see these large numbers and they get scary because there is no context. The dollar amount on profit is a large number, but it is not very large when you look at the percentages.

It is difficult not to throw your hands in the air and say Fuck It We're Going Off The Grid.

scoop

scoop

Pretty sure the wife went through an agent when we signed up.... but can't say for sure how it went down 'cus I don't deal with that kinda shit. LOL (unless she wants to mow the yard/pick up dog crap)

Your take on this? My wife's cousin is ranting it was a plot...all done/cooked up on the spot while folks were distracted watching the Convention. He's one of those Jesus juice/righties who blames his sorry life/income....and everything else....on Obama. You know the kind....I'm sure.

And the truth is?

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/07/...humana-dropped-out-of-most-obamacare-markets/

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Pretty sure the wife went through an agent when we signed up.... but can't say for sure how it went down 'cus I don't deal with that kinda shit. LOL (unless she wants to mow the yard/pick up dog crap)

Your take on this? My wife's cousin is ranting it was a plot...all done/cooked up on the spot while folks were distracted watching the Convention. He's one of those Jesus juice/righties who blames his sorry life/income....and everything else....on Obama. You know the kind....I'm sure.

And the truth is?

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/07/...humana-dropped-out-of-most-obamacare-markets/
I find that I replace A LOT of literal shitty plans.

I got a call from a referral today who signed up for 'obamacare' through an agent and a life insurance company, and now she's finding out that she did not purchase insurance, but rather something commonly called a medical plan, a FFS or fee for service plan. You are told of all the benefits, how much an office visit would 'cost', prescriptions, a copay for ER, etc. The question that people need to start asking is this.

The company in question goes by something like or similar to US Health Group. This referral is paying $350 for coverage that does not meet the ACA. She is subject to the 2.5% annual income penalty for tax year 2015, payable earlier this spring, and she will be on the hook for the penalty again next year. Without knowing details I would say the person who sold her this policy is not a fiduciary and was more concerned about the sale. The buyer was likely told that the rate is competitive, which it is if you are comparing it to insurance, but she got taken all the way. She has a plan she can't use, doctors who don't take that insurance company's plans or reimbursements, and no out-of-network benefits, meaning she should be using her policy for joint papers. It is criminal and infuriating, and it's why I work so fucking much during fourth and first quarters.

Ask questions. Ask if the plan is actual insurance and not a discount buying service. Ask what is excluded or ask to see a sample policy, and look for the exclusions and limitations portions. Nobody reads their insurance policy but please read the exclusions. Ask if the plan/policy you are looking at is 'compliant with the ACA'. Ask if you will be subject to the penalty, ask if this qualifies as 'minimum essential coverage' through the ACA. Ask if this policy has all of the required EHB or Essential Health Benefits as required by the ACA. This is all regarding individual policies from individual carriers. Group insurance, medicare, medicaid, military benefits, all have different rules and regs. The short answer to any question anyone has is: It depends.

Don't buy health insurance from a non-health insurance entity. I would not recommend any carrier who isn't a big player. Ask your agent if they carry E & O or errors and omissions insurance. If they don't, stranger danger.

This came via different method so I am unsure where, but this came from the Colorado DORA.

Proposed plan counts for 2017
-131 plans on exchange
-144 plans off exchange
275 total, down from 413 last year

23 Carriers with proposed plans for 2017. The shitty company I mentioned earlier is tellingly nowhere to be found.

Of those, there are seven carriers offering 131 plans ON exchange, and there are ten OFF exchange. Off exchange plans are for those who are NOT getting tax credits or subsidies. ON exchange is for those who earn up to 400% of the federal poverty level. KP.org has the best subsidy calculator that I have seen. Google 'KFF Calculator' and go from there, make sure you are at the kaiser family foundation website.
Carriers that have submitted plans to the division of insurance-
-new carrier centura based Bright Health Plans
-Cigna
-Colorado Choice Health Plans
-Denver Health Medical Plan
-Anthem
-Kaiser
-Golden Rule aka United HealthOne
-Freedom Life Insurance Co
-National Foundation Life Ins. Co.
-Rocky Mountain Health Plans

The biggest problem is adverse risk, which comes along with the removal of medical underwriting. For those with a functional brain, the high cost of insurance does not always off set the high cost of health care. Most consumers would understand and agree that the first people to sign up were those who were going to have to use the plan. Healthy people would rather pay the penalty and chance it without insurance than pay the higher rates than what they've had before. The average 30 year old will pay over two thousand dollars in premium. If the penalty is $695, then it makes sense to NOT carry insurance, which is fucking ridiculously stupid, but financially smart. If the penalty was higher, that would change things.

Personally, I think the entire thing is designed to fail. We will continue to see carriers exiting the market for all sorts of reasons, mostly financial, and we will see fewer and fewer choices. Then, our legislators will look at the situation, blame it on those big bad insurance companies, and offer to have the government come in and fix it. So everyone would have medicaid. Not ideal.

And by the way, vote no on amendment 69, single payer in Colorado. Won't work. They want to double the state budget from 27BILLION dollars to 52 BILLION dollars to fund care for all. Also supplemented by a ten percent payroll tax! Yeay!

DO NOT SIGN UP AND CREATE AN ACCOUNT ON THE COLORADO EXCHANGE. You will open yourself up to 'marketing' calls from agents all over the country. Don't do that.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Open Enrollment for 2017

2017 Rate Filings, not approved yet. New detailed plan information is also not available yet for 2017.

-Anthem - +28%
-Bright Health Plans - new
-Cigna - +9.5%
-Colorado Choice - +36.33%
-Elevate by Denver Health - +0.08%
-Freedom Life Insurance - +9.98%
-Golden Rule/United Healthone - +40.6%
-Kaiser - +18%
-National Foundation Life - +9.98%
-Rocky Mountain HMO - +35.1%

I try and reach out to my individual block before the shitshow begins. With Humana, Golden Rule, Rocky Mtn, and Anthem's PPO plans going away there are almost 100,000 Coloradans that will be required to renew or sign up during open enrollment for 2017. That's a lot of activity.

The five most used parts of a health insurance policy are in order:
-Office visits
-Rx
-ER visits
-Outpatient (no overnight)
-Inpatient

When someone calls me asking about health insurance, I usually ask them to prioritize what they want or what is most important to them. I hear things like, 'I want a low copay for doctor visits, prescriptions, and I want a copay for emergency rooms, I want vision and dental too, I want to keep my doctor and I want to pay less than I am paying now.' We can't do that.

The best way I can help people is to ask them to make a list of what they want their plan to cover. Preventive care, Docs in the network, hospitals, level of benefit/exposure, prescription or other medication needs, and transitions of care. We have a lot of cases with very unique and specific needs, and we are now starting to meet with those clients for 2017.

Applications submitted online could take 2-3 weeks, paper applications will take 6 weeks, and those who insist on writing a paper check will take 8 weeks to get enrolled.

Be careful with carriers that are not listed above. Ask if their plans are ACA compliant or if they have all of the required ESB or essential health benefits.

Those individuals with income from 0-138% of the federal poverty level are eligible for medicaid and medicaid only. From 138%-400% of the federal poverty level, individuals may be eligible for a subsidy or APTC.

The Kaiser Family Foundation has a great tool to check eligibility, and it isn't Kaiser only. You can search for 'subsidy calculator' or 'KFF Calculator' and find good info.

scoop

scoop

Fuckers.... what a goddamn shit show. The monthly bill on this for us is more than we paid monthly on our mortgage in SkiTown. Thank Bob we are debt free and can afford it...gotta suck for those who are already strapped (down and ass fucked)

If I were a bit younger I'd just pay the penalty and take my chances. "when you got nothing...you got nothing to lose" Bob D.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Health Insurance Filings and Approved Plans have just been released.

It's not pretty. Average premium increase is 20.4%.

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/dora/node/100241

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwguXutc4vbpcnl6Qk9LSzJza0U/view

So how much of that is your cut lets face insurance, lawyers are pretty much on the top for most corrupt .. You do sell this insurance do you not ???? the 20 .4 increase is also pocketing your pockets is it not ??? i guess your not entitled to say ,, Of course you would never say it but the fact remains what part of this thread is related to MJ ??? not one bit right but it relates to your line of work does it not ???

Must really suck having to pay for health care Its 100 percent free here in Canada.. England Free , In Russia Free , Cuba Free hahaha Lets not forget Iran

But USA has to be USA and think of privatize so no matter what the average person gets it up the shoot but good right insurance companies might as well take the last remaining pennies out of your pockets

What a fucking mockery you guys got going down there is everyone fucking everyone some how
But what is even funnier even insurance companies are clawing at your money ..

To think that a agent you sign with, does it for free???? is fucking Funny grower dude last time i talked to someone of course they make commission off the person allot first year
you ever wonder how come there smiling so much haha

Ever wonder how much your insurance agent is making off your business? Curious about whether your independent broker earns extra for steering you to a particular insurance company? And how do you find out?

man-with-money.jpg
You could try asking point blank, but few states
require to tell you what they're making off a particular policy. But if your agent won't tell you, says Wesley Bissett of the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America (IIABA), "You should find another agent." with car insurance they take up to 15 percent commision the first year renewals is were they make less but no matter what there making money off you

Now being your in this type of business , this thread could be border line
Spam can mozilla 630x493

Agents Like your self expend a lot of effort finding — and keeping — their customers. With 3 million licensed insurance agents in the nation eager to grab your business,

What a better way to get it on a forum like this and maybe sign a few Eh ???
you be like sure pm me blah blah exchange numbers set them up right what a great way to get a Few clients huh Grower dude

Personally i think just going in seeing few companies about it if you need it ,, also a tax accountant to see if there are any benefits

But lets not forget who needs Health care we got the miracle medicine in a baggie right

Last edited:
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Guess you all are paying for folks like myself..
Applied for benefits got medacade as we are very low income..
I was denied over the income limit by 50 bucks, but last week found out I do qualify for medicade from the state..
Have not needed any medical help from doctors in many years. But my teeth need attention and there is a local dentist that can help..

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Don't feel bad Cm these fine folks are paying my insurance as well.:)

scoop

scoop

I was denied over the income limit by 50 bucks, but last week found out I do qualify for medicade from the state..
Have not needed any medical help from doctors in many years. But my teeth need attention and there is a local dentist that can help..

I'm paying in big on this side of the coin because we bailed out of the workplace/retired early....far before any SS/Medicare/etc. would ever kick in. We knew health care would be our largest expense because we have no debt/own all we have outright and can't tap any Gov't programs for at least another 7 years.....so we have prepped for the hit all along....though it still hurts.

At least we don't have to buy weed/hash here......or worry about fines/jail time. ....OR WORK. LOL.

It could be a lot worse....I could actually >need< the insurance I pay so dearly for....

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

All i can say is the government needs to fucking straighten up health care and education should be free how is a nation to prosper when they impose shit like this??
let a student going to school to become something by the time he is out of post secondary he already owes a shit load ..

What a shit show that is HEALTH CARE and EDUCATION should be free

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter

All i can say is the government needs to fucking straighten up health care and education should be free how is a nation to prosper when they impose shit like this??
let a student going to school to become something by the time he is out of post secondary he already owes a shit load ..

Nothing is free, you can take that to the bank!

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I can say to OP is one of the good guys in this business..
So how much of that is your cut lets face insurance, lawyers are pretty much on the top for most corrupt .. You do sell this insurance do you not ???? the 20 .4 increase is also pocketing your pockets is it not ??? i guess your not entitled to say ,, Of course you would never say it but the fact remains what part of this thread is related to MJ ??? not one bit right but it relates to your line of work does it not ???

Must really suck having to pay for health care Its 100 percent free here in Canada.. England Free , In Russia Free , Cuba Free hahaha Lets not forget Iran

But USA has to be USA and think of privatize so no matter what the average person gets it up the shoot but good right insurance companies might as well take the last remaining pennies out of your pockets

What a fucking mockery you guys got going down there is everyone fucking everyone some how
But what is even funnier even insurance companies are clawing at your money ..

To think that a agent you sign with, does it for free???? is fucking Funny grower dude last time i talked to someone of course they make commission off the person allot first year
you ever wonder how come there smiling so much haha

Ever wonder how much your insurance agent is making off your business? Curious about whether your independent broker earns extra for steering you to a particular insurance company? And how do you find out?

man-with-money.jpg
You could try asking point blank, but few states
require to tell you what they're making off a particular policy. But if your agent won't tell you, says Wesley Bissett of the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America (IIABA), "You should find another agent." with car insurance they take up to 15 percent commision the first year renewals is were they make less but no matter what there making money off you

Now being your in this type of business , this thread could be border line View attachment 635426

Agents Like your self expend a lot of effort finding — and keeping — their customers. With 3 million licensed insurance agents in the nation eager to grab your business,

What a better way to get it on a forum like this and maybe sign a few Eh ???
you be like sure pm me blah blah exchange numbers set them up right what a great way to get a Few clients huh Grower dude

Personally i think just going in seeing few companies about it if you need it ,, also a tax accountant to see if there are any benefits

But lets not forget who needs Health care we got the miracle medicine in a baggie right

Back off DOOD..
Sure there are schmucks in this business but unless you know someone keep your accusations/opinions north of the border..
Grow guy is one of the most caring folks and he has the best interest in mind for those he helps in this business...For him his clients come first, believe it or not there are good folks who put people and what is best for them first over making a buck..So don't be a schmuck...

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

well use a good broker for most of our insurance needs.

anytime someone can save me $$$ im willing to share.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Jesus Christ you must be bored. You are right though, someone needs to straighten the fuck up.

I really really wish that was all you can say, but it's not so here we are.

How do you propose to 'straighten up health care'?

How would free education lead to prosperity for a country?

If you think education should be free, who is going to pay for it? Do you expect teachers to work for free? Are you able to articulate anything you post here, or are you still in automatic troll mode? It's obvious that you see posts that question you, you see that others disagree with your posts, yet you choose not to respond when you are challenged. Is it because you are lazy? I don't think that's it. Is it because you aren't able to explain why you think the way you do, why you post the crap you do?

You really can't do any better than 'what a shit show that is health care'?

On a more personal note, reading your posts, I do feel really, really good about my offspring being educated in this country. I thank my lucky stars that people all over the world try desperately to get to the United States, I am lucky to live in a country that has such advanced technology to keep babies alive and old people alive longer than anywhere else. I am lucky that world leaders come to this country to receive the best care in the world. You can shit on America all you want, but at the end of the day, I think you should take your own advice. If you can't play with the big kids, then you should be eating at the kids table. If you are unable or unwilling to engage in conversation, despite making provocative statements and doing a piss poor job of doing so, then you shouldn't be here.

Last, you sure post a lot of controversial shit here. You are quick to engage others, you are really quick on the insults, you have reached level: Expert on the talking shit side of posting, yet you cowardly hide behind the 'report' button. Why should you be able to hurl insults at others here and then smash the report button. I have a feeling the fine folks who moderate this site have better things to do than see you complain when someone challenges something you post.

If you don't want a response, then don't make the post. It's simple. You should also note that you chose to respond to a post that I made, which you have done in the past, and more than once. Then you cowardly hit the report button.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, and it is frustrating to see you troll this forum, and especially this thread. To each his own. You can post what you want, but you post like an asshole, you get responses from assholes.

Now get off my lawn whippersnapper

Top Bottom