Colorado fishing report...

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I would have at least waited until the middle of the day. Hint: it's warmer then. Stay warm. Flushing today.
Went out 1/2 hour around noon nothin doing...
Amazing, yesterday killin em todays cooler weather shut down...

About time you flushed that toliet must have been getting pretty funky by now....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
On river 5 days in a row, will wait till it warms up next week and hit it again...

putembk

putembk

Lol at hunting federal agents ^^ wtf?!

Been pullin 18-22 in Browns out of the middle fork/south fork of the South Platte up here in Park Cnty. Real nice size Kokannee out of the dream stream, caught on San Juan red worms and red eggs. Also landed a 20 in Cutbow on a kastmaster the other day. Cheers
Ok here is why I don't post on fishing forums. EVERYBODY WANTS TO KNOW YOUR SECRET SPOT. That includes me. Barney, where is Park Cnty? Are those fish on beds or what, where on the middle fork are you getting 22" browns. The only place I can think of is Tomahawk. There is a little run up the Dream Stream but much better for Rainbow in the spring. Haven't fished for the kokannee below Spinney in years. They are big but usually played out by the time they get up into the river. Ugly motherfuckers aren't they. You sound like you get out a little, glad to hear that. Oh, kastmaster, thats a chunk for you, don't own a spinning rod. lol

Barney Dunwell

Barney Dunwell

Lol that's funny. It's just below Tomahawk. Yea the Kokannee below Spinney below the bridge are fun and by now they're real red and ugly but a few weeks ago they were just getting orange. Im fortunate to have these places close by.. Very thankful. Cheers man have fun out there!

Barney Dunwell

Barney Dunwell

Oh Park County is south of Summit County of that's what you were asking.

C

crawlin23

I'm with Putembk, dont post on fishing forums! I fish for bass though and have seen alot of my spots around the fort go to shit!

Barney Dunwell

Barney Dunwell

This thread is so fuckin funny to me. It's clearly a fishing thread and there's people posting in it while saying they don't post in fishing forums... On a fishing forum. Fuckin comedy

putembk

putembk

This thread is so fuckin funny to me. It's clearly a fishing thread and there's people posting in it while saying they don't post in fishing forums... On a fishing forum. Fuckin comedy
Was simply being humorous while asking about your spot. Actually peeps on here are pretty open about sharing secret spots. You will see once you have been here a while.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
On river yesterday 2 hours or so nothing happening, water way colder.
Nyphing, streamer, fish musta got hold o some of Putes pot and are too baked to move...
Going to give it a rest till warmer days.
I just cant believe how wonderful it is to be on river. Its COLORADO, allmost in my backyard!!
I take it all in, the flowing water, wildlife, rocks, bushes, sky, clouds, wet wading being one with the river.
I never have issues with other fisherman gettin in the way. We allways have several hundred yards of seperation.
Did not get an overniter this year and lost time due to knee injury, all the guides said fishing this summer was kinda slow due to heat and low water but the fish survived pretty well as they kept a decent water flow all year...
Sorry Pute you could not make a overniter this year, was looking forward to you fire fart trick....
Fire farting

Once he blasted off 10 feet in air, head over heals, We added high test rocket fuel to the chili...

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Too bad he's holding a spray can of lighter fluid between his legs. For a moment I thought he was actually farting. Would take some of my famous crock-pot goulash to get that going.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
On river yesterday 2 hours or so nothing happening, water way colder.
Nyphing, streamer, fish musta got hold o some of Putes pot and are too baked to move...
Going to give it a rest till warmer days.
I just cant believe how wonderful it is to be on river. Its COLORADO, allmost in my backyard!!
I take it all in, the flowing water, wildlife, rocks, bushes, sky, clouds, wet wading being one with the river.
I never have issues with other fisherman gettin in the way. We allways have several hundred yards of seperation.
Did not get an overniter this year and lost time due to knee injury, all the guides said fishing this summer was kinda slow due to heat and low water but the fish survived pretty well as they kept a decent water flow all year...
Sorry Pute you could not make a overniter this year, was looking forward to you fire fart trick....View attachment 263998
Once he blasted off 10 feet in air, head over heals, We added high test rocket fuel to the chili...
Thinkin its the guy next to with spray can.. Stil funny as shit...

K

kolah

Nice river pics and a pretty rainbow trout. Man, its still nice and green there too.

How is ice fishing out there CM? The Gunny Reservoir is huge.

sky high

sky high

Gonna guess those pics were from this Spring with the level of the river/greenery.

Also gonna guess there isn't much keft of Blue Mesa Res this year. Crazy low water everywhere...

Simon Says... "Go Snow!"

putembk

putembk

I'm not done yet, going to a pay to play spot next week with cannarado. I have to go to the fly shop and get some 4x tippet and leader because the fish stacked in there will break of what I normally use. Gonna have to leave the 3wt at home and break out a rod with a little more backbone for these guys. Sure would be nice if the sun shines and the wind blows some where else that day. Will have plenty of meds along just in case.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Gunna hit it today warmin up will see whats up...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Awesome afternoon on river..
14 fish one 18 inch Brown.
Had a HUGE Brown hit streamer, easy 25 inches..Cleared water 3 feet...
Al fish on Beaded White Wooly Bugger slowly strip and drifted.
Fish were hitting on the drift mostly..
Had the entire river to myself

K

kolah

I'm jealous!

As for secret fishing spots? I had a fisher friend....a full blood savage injun. We'd go fishing (using same bait or lures) and he instantly would pull up fish. He'd move and I'd jump quick to steal his spot...but nuttin....not even a nibble He'd go where I was and pull up more fish. It didn't matter where he went or where he cast....he had the touch. Fuckin fishy.

Top Bottom