Colorado Forum!

• Thread starter sedate
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dorje

Dorje

What do you mean nearly? When we were all set and done...we crossed that $100k mark by quite a bit...most of it went to the state and county fees and permits, HVAC, contractors, structural engineers, inspectors, etc.

And no, it won't stop until they have devaluated our product and labor down to nothing...then they will find the next industry to suck dry...

Yeah, we're cheap.... doing ALL the construction labor ourselves and most of the building design.

I've ran into this issue before.... I was growing gourmet mushrooms on a small scale, to make the jump to a larger scale production would have cost a small fortune. It makes it so that you can't have a small scale business because you won't be able to repay the costs associated with getting it set up. No different here.... if you have to pay out $125k before you make any money you need a good-sized operation to make it worthwhile. With the mushroom biz I would have needed at least 4 employees right off the bat, and with this one it's much the same except the financial outcome looks better IF it all goes exactly right....

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I think we're about to have a grow shut down for not having a fire suppression system as I believe that you need one to run HID's (at least in denver county). the guy thought the place was residential, ended up being a commercial location. The fire dept can fuck with your commercial grow if it's not up to code. I think it was the high power usage that tipped them off but I'm really just speculating on that.

EXCEL energy is a bunch of fucking crooks. It went from about $50 a month to $150 a month to power a 1000w light just because excel wanted a piece. If they keep screwing with power usage and price more illegal power taps are inevitable.

Dorje

Dorje

Yeah, I can only recommend talking with the inspectors and fire department before you set-up.

We learned that the fire dep't will not be allowing co2 burners in Boulder City, only tanks, and even then he's afraid he'll be going into a room with toxic co2 levels so some sort of failsafe may eventually be required to make sure the ppms don't get too high.

Also, there are different ways of interpreting the mechanical code WRT make-up air requirements and it's up to the inspector what he will allow. I know in Denver they were making grows condition make up air which forces you into running a sealed room. Boulder city was much more reasonable and allows us to bring in cool dry air without a DX heat exchanger because he allows us to say the area is not normally "occupied", this was not allowed in Denver.

C

cannagirl

Im so glad we didnt set up in Boulder City limits.

We had the BoCo fire inspector walk through, that was before there were plants in the big room and we only had the tents rocking, and I told him if he wanted to go into the other space he would have to come back after the lights came on. He was really understanding and said not to worry about it, he did make us chain the CO2 tanks to the wall, but that was it.

Dorje

Dorje

We got our building permit in less than 4 weeks. In fact, they called our General Contractor last week to come pick it up and he did not notify us. This d-bag charged us a grand to just sign off for us, and he can't even get that right. He also owns a dispensary in Boulder, gotta wonder if he was just trying to fuck us. If he doesn't come over to apologize wearing knee pads I'm going to badmouth him for the rest of my life.

Boulder City is def. better than Denver, if you exhaust hot air in Denver you need to recondition the air coming back in, which means you need to heat incoming air in the winter using a very expensive heat exchanger. If you do the math the only reasonable option is to run a sealed room. There's a great supply of cold dry air at night here in CO most of the year, so being forced to run dehumis and acs in winter is dumb IMO.

Also in BoCo the zoning enforcement isn't always "fair", they do whatever the hell they want. Don't piss them off.

C

cannagirl

Yeah, BoCo zoing inspectors made us add a step to an already existing and permitted bathroom. But in the end, if he wanted monkeys with stripes, I probably would have found a place to buy them, because it took us 6 mths to get a final approval...

F

FoCo

I need a Green Crack cutting.

Anybody know of a [legal medical marijuana center] that's got it?

Sshfan

Sshfan

Broadway Wellness claims they have it. They also have powdery mildew warning signs posted in the shop and I saw signs of problems on their mothers. I can tell you their socal master Kush hermied out on me and produced crap buds with very little resin while the Chemdog #4 and bubba in the same setup rocked. Don't even know why I mentioned them lol. Good luck on the hunt.

Tripsick

Tripsick

its all good info.

The last time i got GreenCrack it wasnt done very well and didnt have much flavor... and i assume the real deal its all about the taste and the high that has you coming back for more... this wasnt the case

With all the dispensaries growing their own soon we should be able to tell who has the skills to grow fire and who thinks weed is just weed.

B

BoCo Buds

anyone in or around boulder want to hook me up with like 10ml of eagle 20? plz

HAH... u should be ashamed to ask!

But happen to have access... lmao... been such a commercial hack as of late GM... crazy... ;-)

Might be able to hook u up tomo in the late am or early afternoon. I'll be the guy in the full chem suit... lol

D

dman16

hahah believe me i dont want to do it but after last run im not taking any chances.

B

BudGood

I need a Green Crack cutting.

Anybody know of a [legal medical marijuana center] that's got it?

Yeah, count me in, been looking for a legit, healthy cut of that for a minute now...

Latest posts

Top Bottom