Colorado Ole Blue Info, Pics, Comments and Lineage

• Thread starter Simple
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Simple

Hello Farmers!

So I thought id post up a thread about one of the most medicinal strains I have come to know in Colorado. The ole Blue.Pretty sure its an F1 of a DJ short true blue. or maybe and F2 from a afghan diesel and blue cross?? Shes not to frosty or the best looking but its very medicinal.

Thats my best guess. Anyone know?? Id sure be interested in hearing some more background. Ive had this cut for so long and now am using it in crosses this season so Id really appreciate any more info...

All my patients love this for the munchies muscle relaxation peacefullness taste. Above all people mostly liked it because it was the TITS with cureing hangovers im talking the best. I think tex put up info about this cut on the old version of the site but I dont think that info is around anymore? Now this cut is pretty out dated so some might say whatevs but I like to hold on to old school flavors to blend them with new. So Suck up the rediculousness and enjoy some new pics and discussion.

When I got the ole blue I got it from Bob. Homey was one of the first oldschool grow heads that I met when I first came out to Colorado in 04' when I was 18.I know not old school to some shut up im a 3rd generationer from the farms in indiana! So, Bob grew it in organics, and he gave it around but it is very finiky and expressed very different characteristics when grown differently so not many people kept her or grew her. But I DID! Then bob started to get really intense so I blessed him and kept the cut for safe keeping if he needed it again. yess thank you lineage! PROPS! ANYWAYS, I LOVE the ole blue in organics. tasted so good. cinnamon nag champa blue berry pie to the core... Like trippin in the lot when your 16 and following the smell of blueberry pieall the way to the smelly hippy thinkin shes bakeing pie but really smoking this fineness with tits all blazin out smokin it and youre like ahhhhw nice. DId I say it was good for comedowns yet? hahaha

Well, I heard of rare dankness knocking this off. Then I heard scott started calling the strain scotts blue. I kinda dont agree with nameing strains after people. very arrogant. like you are the god that put that seed on the earth. psssshhhh give the HERB some RESPECT and follow the lineage. Therefore thats another reason why I wanted to put up this thread with pics. So there can be a lineage to this beautiful plant. How does everyone else feel about this?

Anyways thanks to the earth water and sun. And obviously thanks to all you farmers in this lovely community!

Here is a couple pics, im gonna go get some more from my old computer from a while ago when I took her 10 weeks and she got very blue and purple hues...

Colorado ole blue info pics comments and lineage
Colorado ole blue info pics comments and lineage 2
sky high

sky high

Nice.....

I have a cut that came from the hills West of Boulder/4 Mile (where all the good cuts and old heads seem too hide) that I was told was "Colorado Blueberry" and had been held for 20+ years. Reportedly a DJ x DJ cross/backcross....but stories are stories are hard to verify....

Renaming sucks. I cringe when I see shit like "Kyle Kushman's Strawberry Cough" (now he's claiming the Stardawg as well?) when I remember "Colorado Cough" from back when Kyle was still squirtin Hershey's and suckin mommas tit. (you prolly do as well)

Yawn..stretch...burp...fart. Fuckin High Times. I remember when they were a magazine about DRUGS (all drugs!)....not pot clowns!

Maybe someday we'll get back to the days of hearing "it's the kind" and not givin a fuck about who's sorry ass name is on it and let the WEED DO THE STRUTTIN' like it used to be?

but prolly not... :D Seems like recess 24/7 now....

But hey....someday we need to compare....for the Hell of it... "Simple's Easy Blue".....and my "SkyBlueberry"... snicker..snort...:rolleyes:

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
When I came out here 7 or so years ago, I had an Ol'Blue, Blueberry, and a Dabney Blue...I think that Dabney is still floatin around just as a blueberry....I saw a strain called "Epic Blue" that looked awfully close to it not long ago.

I am anglin for some old TRC Blueberry f4 beans right now...

I grew the Colorado cough and the FoCo Cough...decent smoke, sucked to grow

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice.....

I have a cut that came from the hills West of Boulder/4 Mile (where all the good cuts and old heads seem too hide) that I was told was "Colorado Blueberry" and had been held for 20+ years. Reportedly a DJ x DJ cross/backcross....but stories are stories are hard to verify....

Renaming sucks. I cringe when I see shit like "Kyle Kushman's Strawberry Cough" (now he's claiming the Stardawg as well?) when I remember "Colorado Cough" from back when Kyle was still squirtin Hershey's and suckin mommas tit. (you prolly do as well)

Yawn..stretch...burp...fart. Fuckin High Times. I remember when they were a magazine about DRUGS (all drugs!)....not pot clowns!

Maybe someday we'll get back to the days of hearing "it's the kind" and not givin a fuck about who's sorry ass name is on it and let the WEED DO THE STRUTTIN' like it used to be?

But hey....someday we need to compare....for the Hell of it... "Simple's Easy Blue".....and my "SkyBlueberry"... snicker..snort...:rolleyes:
Is that the same as the bb Chemdog D i got from you, still have it lookin good...Cockers favorite

sky high

sky high

Was that in the mixed up batch of cuts I gave ya in my fog awhile back? There's no Chem in there I know of.

Damn...I didn't know ya had it or I woulda just asked for a cut rather than reveggin it when I almost lost it recently. LOL. No worries now though....she's comin back in a big way.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Was that in the mixed up batch of cuts I gave ya in my fog awhile back? There's no Chem in there I know of.

Damn...I didn't know ya had it or I woulda just asked for a cut rather than reveggin it when I almost lost it recently. LOL. No worries now though....she's comin back in a big way.
Yup...Lost it got it back from you know who....Had major mite issue,closed up shop for awhile...

sky high

sky high

Time will tell if she shows up in any crosses....huh? LOL.

onward...through the fog....

mrs.raredankness

mrs.raredankness

He didn't rename OLD BLUE to Scott's BLue.
SCOTT"S BLUE is ... OLD BlUE x Djshort Bluw Moonshine BX'd to the OLD BLUE mom

It is completely different strain.

Jarofunk

Jarofunk

lotsa different Blueberry cuts around... but this one takes the cake. tightly held. I've been wanting to get my hands on it lately. some real nostalgia weed.

S

Simple

Nice.....

HAHHAAHA this was great man thank you. truly funny times. How fast things change, though eh? I heard their new editor wants to make the mag all glitsy and hollywoody now....? i guess?? my girlfriend reads elle hahahah. and how it all stays connected. Props to you.

On the blue, do you have any flower pics of that blue your speakin of? Your description of the BXing process story sounds similar to the 3 hour head explaination I got of the cut I have gotten hahaha.
Peace be upon you in the skies! skyhigh.

When I came out here 7 or so years ago, I had an Ol'Blue, Blueberry, and a Dabney Blue...I think that Dabney is still floatin around just as a blueberry....I saw a strain called "Epic Blue" that looked awfully close to it not long ago.

I am anglin for some old TRC Blueberry f4 beans right now...

I grew the Colorado cough and the FoCo Cough...decent smoke, sucked to grow

Tex! thanks for the pop in oh great one... haha. MUCH respect.

Which of these (ol blue, blueberry and dabney) do you think is the best? and why? truly appreciate your input on this one man.

Thats crazy you have F4 blue version. what is the make of that? TRC?

I know the cough is related to this to...thanks for bringing that up. The finicky ness you speak of with the cough is the same vibe with this cut of blue. def related I still have a BUNCH of F2s of the coughs. Poppin em for the outdoor selection.

Another thing im trying to pinpoint on the tree, as well, is how the cough is related to the cut i have Ole blue. I know people always spoke of Bob being involved on the cough later in the years after i got the cut of ole blue Somehow with his blue skunk. Which is a cross of his ole blue and super skunk. (completely different from paradaise seeds blueskunk) which is one of the reasons why I dont like inauthentic names... shits mysterious! ahahah. And then he played that male on the cough im pretty sure...correct me if you think im wrong please.

What is The Cough connection here...? haha. Unfortunately all the crosses of her that Ive have seen loose the strawberry and become very skunky and or plain...hence why im poppin these old F2s. Thanks so much for your input o wise one. truly.

FORTUNATELY I have been working with the ole blue crosses that I have from the original seeds of the ole blue bob gave me as well. Selected the best male out of his seeds and then hit all my old elites from years back. Shits gonna get VERY interesting.

Ill start up a grow thread as soon as things are poppin. and keep this thread updated with relativity to the ole blue. I hope to stable her in seed and then frost her up!

S

Simple

lotsa different Blueberry cuts around... but this one takes the cake. tightly held. I've been wanting to get my hands on it lately. some real nostalgia weed.

Thanks for the love Jfunk! I agree. this blueberry cut is one of the finest blues out there. Took it back to Indy for my original corn bred fellas to check out. And it was gone instantly. Rediculous. Ive held this cut in my stable simply because of the medicinal properties from the oil she produces. oil fire for suuuuure. haha.

Im hopeing great things from the oleblue crosses... What goes around comes around. its all connected...
peace to you and all your friends new brother from another mother!

He didn't rename OLD BLUE to Scott's BLue.
SCOTT"S BLUE is ... OLD BlUE x Djshort Bluw Moonshine BX'd to the OLD BLUE mom

It is completely different strain.

Thanks for the clarification Mrs. Scott's Blue is something completely different. Thank you for clearing that up. with all the blue names its like can we please mark it down! haha.

Peace to you and your Crew girl. peeps have good systems. Scott is a great Technician is an understatement. We all got our ways though, sometimes different.

Hope to meet you and smoke you all up at the cup! (altough not the ideal host I always am down to meet new people and spread the greatness to the people who deserve it) I know you all got that forest fire ganja as well! hhaha Peace.

summitoker

summitoker

Nice.....

colorado cough / strawberry cough are not related. Colorado cough is a selection of nl5 haze something or other....used to smoke tons of it, ft collins cough, the boulder smolder, whatever .strawberry cough is a random cut gifted to kushman in new york

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Dabney Blue is stellar but TRC blueberry rules the roost when you have it..

Jarofunk

Jarofunk

Im hopeing great things from the oleblue crosses... What goes around comes around. its all connected... peace to you and all your friends new brother from another mother! [/quote said:
What Ole Blue hybrids do you have goin?

sky high

sky high

colorado cough / strawberry cough are not related. Colorado cough is a selection of nl5 haze something or other....used to smoke tons of it, ft collins cough, the boulder smolder, whatever .strawberry cough is a random cut gifted to kushman in new york

Good to know. Thanks

S

Simple

Ole Blue (clone)
Ole blue Crosses:
Ole Blue x Orange Diesel
Ole Blue x Indiana Bubblegum
Ole Blue x Sour Diesel
Ole Blue x Chocolope
Ole Blue x OG (Petrolia oil headstash leaning pheno)

Here is the Ole Blue x Orange Diesel that I made... One of my peoples favorites its like grape soda with blueberry pie with orangewipcreamed syrup on toppp hahahah yuuuuuummmm

DSCN2056
DSCN2059

true grit

true grit

tried a lot of em, including Sky's and some others and the "heirloom/pre2k" i have and honestly none of them come quite close to what i was gettin back in Austin. Not sure i've tried teh dabney but im wondering if thats it.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
What years in Austin? there was alot of Dabney and TRC Blueberry goin around down there at one point...I sent alot of it down to my boys...keepin it weird...ya know....at one point I think we had 5 different Blueberries we were playin with and I ran TRC f2's, f3's and f4's that all got out there..

Dabney is badass though..I had that and an Original Diesel on the tables for a minute..we used to call the Dabney "Otis Spunkmeyer"..lol

true grit

true grit

Prob mid 2000's and some in the late. Could be that cuz we would get a "sour d/diesel" in constant rotation with the blueberry. that and some shishkaberry. Blueberry and the diesel were the shit though.

Top Bottom