Colorado Ole Blue Info, Pics, Comments and Lineage

• Thread starter Simple
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TopRock

OleBlue, this cut comes from moonshineman, his brother aquired it in oregon in 83/84, somewhere in that time frame.

yields well, colors nice in cool temps. blueberry aromas and flavors. very stoney kick ya to the curb toke.

heavy afghan plant, have no idea if it came from DJs work or not.

S

Simple

OleBlue, this cut comes from moonshineman, his brother aquired it in oregon in 83/84, somewhere in that time frame.

yields well, colors nice in cool temps. blueberry aromas and flavors. very stoney kick ya to the curb toke.

100% sure you are wrong here sir, and you have offered no proof or backing, your trying to state it as fact... which it isn't. Just more stirring the pot and hype...I believe ive even heard Moonshine (on that other one grow forum haha) say that his cut came from a guy in Longspeak (hence the name longspeak blue) I think Moon said the dude (with the old blue cut) was from arizona and dissapeared or something like that...completely different past story than the ORIGIN im talking about. not just who your buddy got the cut from... hahhahaha... thats why im trying to clarify bro, cause its different. I know cause ive compared the buds and the cuts bro

Top rock, read the thread dude haha the MRs dankness even chimed in... scotts cut is kinda related but not the origin bubb. The cut I have doesnt have even nearly the same phenotype characteristics as that cut. HENCE WHY IM TRYING TO CLEAR UP THE NAME AND GET THE INFO STRAIGHT. Have I said how much I disagree with blurring the lineage of things by murkin up the names with hype and he said she said and using them in sales pitches in seed sales? hahaha Im talking about the ORIGIN of the cut the PHENOTYPE CHARACTERISTICS of it man not moonshines bro who "has no idea if it was DJS work or not" your language is simply incoherent and your attitude seems off, no way would I believe you after you literally said you "Have no idea" hahahaha youre right about that bud.

This is not moonshines fault at all, guys just rollin and ridin the times ya know? Thats why I dont like the confusion that this he said she said has caused... And why would he stop good hype about his gear hahahaha. Just wait now were gonna here moonshines "brother" has alllll these elite cuts and RD is making new hybrids of them comming soon!!! hahahahaha

Cant blame the second generation for what the first generation generated, ya dig? Cant blame moonshine for the marketing techniques, that were there before him, that are being used by his company to boost the hype and greatness of a cut. Unfortunately currently in this industry, its not the job of the company (seed company) to legitimize and solidify the origin of the cut... Its their job to sell it... Companies have to make money first then they can research and develop...

This is why Im here and THE FARM is here as one of the first "groups" alliances whatever you want to call it to let people talk about it... from the source, the FARMER>. Ill always give homage to the people of the farm hahaha. Just sillyness from you though....hahahaha

IF you read the thread! hahaha then you will see two farmers (tex and true grit) referring to a company and old peeps who came from texas, which sounds soooo much more in line with the info I have. I honestly am not familiar about the crew/s from texas hence why Im asking the FARMERS who WERE there and are FROM there. I dont care about what brokers and your buddy says... that is just speculation and I would appreciate it if you could keep that gossip for your local boys locker room.

Honestly we are not in the sixties... hahahaha this is a new age man why is there so many people who still have to hide behind curtains? YOU LOOK SHADY BEHIND THEM CURTAINS AND IT MUCKS UP THE INDUSTRY! phew! Why hasnt ANY of the descriptions of the cut and the seeds made from rare dankness been about his brother giving homage?? It hasnt because they dont know, and its not! Their seeds are just a pollen chuck... "who know what will happen but will make money hahahah" This sounds like the dirty hippies of the past and im here to innialate that rediculous trend that im sorry has done nothing but slow down the actual progression of this HERB and THIS BUSINESS. THE hippies and "crews" (sman and all that stupid drama nonsense) were THE BROKERS and TRIMMERS who became growers sorry had to say it... we all had to start somewhere I know but this is not the Origin not from Oregon... These "crews" should learn from their predecessors mistakes in BUSINESS...

What your saying doesnt add up to me... and your shortness is disingenuous. What Tex, True Grit and SKy, THANKS FELLAS< are saying is cognitive genuine and solidifies much more of a origin.

T

TopRock

mr simple, what i stated is what i was told by moonshine when he gave me the cut some years ago.

where ever you got your info, is mistaken or flat out bullshittin. i was told the guys that gave it to his brother dint have any lineage. as i said straight from the horses mouth, in person.

T

TopRock

one other point, this was some 8/10 years ago, well before all you guys have batted it around to your likeing.

whatever flips your skirt, to me dude you just sound like another pompous wanna be pot star, cant hardly believe ya have suckered SkyHigh, Tex, and such into your fold with all your lengthy Babble.

CantByFriends

T

TopRock

Was that in the mixed up batch of cuts I gave ya in my fog awhile back? There's no Chem in there I know of.

Damn...I didn't know ya had it or I woulda just asked for a cut rather than reveggin it when I almost lost it recently. LOL. No worries now though....she's comin back in a big way.

i do remember you tellin me that the cut you sent to chickenman was a BB X chem which somehow got pollied in your OP????? so know you say it is your BBplant ??????

make up my mind bro, and from smokin your BB with you its not the same toke from the cut you sent chickenman from my best recollection.

CloseButFake

T

TopRock

Hello Farmers!

So I thought id post up a thread about one of the most medicinal strains I have come to know in Colorado. The ole Blue.Pretty sure its an F1 of a DJ short true blue. or maybe and F2 from a afghan diesel and blue cross?? Shes not to frosty or the best looking but its very medicinal.

for someone who thinks he knows about ole blue, you seem PRETTY SURE its a DJ work???? and you ride my ass???

Thats my best guess. Anyone know?? Id sure be interested in hearing some more background. Ive had this cut for so long and now am using it in crosses this season so Id really appreciate any more info...
your best guess??? paleeze, again you dog me and you dont know spit yourself

All my patients love this for the munchies muscle relaxation peacefullness taste. Above all people mostly liked it because it was the TITS with cureing hangovers im talking the best. I think tex put up info about this cut on the old version of the site but I dont think that info is around anymore? Now this cut is pretty out dated so some might say whatevs but I like to hold on to old school flavors to blend them with new. So Suck up the rediculousness and enjoy some new pics and discussion.

When I got the ole blue I got it from Bob. Homey was one of the first oldschool grow heads that I met when I first came out to Colorado in 04' when I was 18.

moonshine had it back on OG in 2001, and if i took the time to look i may have had it before 2004
I know not old school to some shut up im a 3rd generationer from the farms in indiana! So, Bob grew it in organics, and he gave it around but it is very finiky and expressed very different characteristics when grown differently so not many people kept her or grew her. But I DID! Then bob started to get really intense so I blessed him and kept the cut for safe keeping if he needed it again. yess thank you lineage! PROPS! ANYWAYS, I LOVE the ole blue in organics. tasted so good. cinnamon nag champa blue berry pie to the core... Like trippin in the lot when your 16 and following the smell of blueberry pieall the way to the smelly hippy thinkin shes bakeing pie but really smoking this fineness with tits all blazin out smokin it and youre like ahhhhw nice. DId I say it was good for comedowns yet? hahaha

Well, I heard of rare dankness knocking this off. Then I heard scott started calling the strain scotts blue. I kinda dont agree with nameing strains after people. very arrogant. like you are the god that put that seed on the earth. psssshhhh give the HERB some RESPECT and follow the lineage. Therefore thats another reason why I wanted to put up this thread with pics. So there can be a lineage to this beautiful plant. How does everyone else feel about this?

again you write a book draggin me down and herre you

Anyways thanks to the earth water and sun. And obviously thanks to all you farmers in this lovely community!

Here is a couple pics, im gonna go get some more from my old computer from a while ago when I took her 10 weeks and she got very blue and purple hues...

T

TopRock

Hello Farmers!

So I thought id post up a thread about one of the most medicinal strains I have come to know in Colorado. The ole Blue.Pretty sure its an F1 of a DJ short true blue. or maybe and F2 from a afghan diesel and blue cross?? Shes not to frosty or the best looking but its very medicinal.

Thats my best guess. Anyone know?? Id sure be interested in hearing some more background. Ive had this cut for so long and now am using it in crosses this season so Id really appreciate any more info...

All my patients love this for the munchies muscle relaxation peacefullness taste. Above all people mostly liked it because it was the TITS with cureing hangovers im talking the best. I think tex put up info about this cut on the old version of the site but I dont think that info is around anymore? Now this cut is pretty out dated so some might say whatevs but I like to hold on to old school flavors to blend them with new. So Suck up the rediculousness and enjoy some new pics and discussion.

When I got the ole blue I got it from Bob. Homey was one of the first oldschool grow heads that I met when I first came out to Colorado in 04' when I was 18.I know not old school to some shut up im a 3rd generationer from the farms in indiana! So, Bob grew it in organics, and he gave it around but it is very finiky and expressed very different characteristics when grown differently so not many people kept her or grew her. But I DID! Then bob started to get really intense so I blessed him and kept the cut for safe keeping if he needed it again. yess thank you lineage! PROPS! ANYWAYS, I LOVE the ole blue in organics. tasted so good. cinnamon nag champa blue berry pie to the core... Like trippin in the lot when your 16 and following the smell of blueberry pieall the way to the smelly hippy thinkin shes bakeing pie but really smoking this fineness with tits all blazin out smokin it and youre like ahhhhw nice. DId I say it was good for comedowns yet? hahaha

Well, I heard of rare dankness knocking this off. Then I heard scott started calling the strain scotts blue. I kinda dont agree with nameing strains after people. very arrogant. like you are the god that put that seed on the earth. psssshhhh give the HERB some RESPECT and follow the lineage. Therefore thats another reason why I wanted to put up this thread with pics. So there can be a lineage to this beautiful plant. How does everyone else feel about this?

Anyways thanks to the earth water and sun. And obviously thanks to all you farmers in this lovely community!

Here is a couple pics, im gonna go get some more from my old computer from a while ago when I took her 10 weeks and she got very blue and purple hues...

bro your a real effin mutt, read your own babble, you your self say you dont know, you heard, your best guess and a shite load of other crap you have no clue on. then ya wanna write a book commin down on me.

like i said another wanna be pot star with no clue, ya picked the right nick..Simple fits ya perfect, maybe now that your so respected you should add the "ton" to the nick.

Moonshine has had the Ol Blue cut since 2000 on OG, and if i felt like makin a point with you id go back and research what he had to say at the time. but you dont merit a real answer, and i wouldnt waste my time schoolin you in any aspect of cannabis genetics or history.

CouldBeFrank

T

TopRock

HAHHAAHA this was great man thank you. truly funny times. How fast things change, though eh? I heard their new editor wants to make the mag all glitsy and hollywoody now....? i guess?? my girlfriend reads elle hahahah. and how it all stays connected. Props to you.

On the blue, do you have any flower pics of that blue your speakin of? Your description of the BXing process story sounds similar to the 3 hour head explaination I got of the cut I have gotten hahaha.
Peace be upon you in the skies! skyhigh.

Tex! thanks for the pop in oh great one... haha. MUCH respect.

Which of these (ol blue, blueberry and dabney) do you think is the best? and why? truly appreciate your input on this one man.

Thats crazy you have F4 blue version. what is the make of that? TRC?

I know the cough is related to this to...thanks for bringing that up. The finicky ness you speak of with the cough is the same vibe with this cut of blue. def related I still have a BUNCH of F2s of the coughs. Poppin em for the outdoor selection.

Another thing im trying to pinpoint on the tree, as well, is how the cough is related to the cut i have Ole blue. I know people always spoke of Bob being involved on the cough later in the years after i got the cut of ole blue Somehow with his blue skunk. Which is a cross of his ole blue and super skunk. (completely different from paradaise seeds blueskunk) which is one of the reasons why I dont like inauthentic names... shits mysterious! ahahah. And then he played that male on the cough im pretty sure...correct me if you think im wrong please.

What is The Cough connection here...? haha. Unfortunately all the crosses of her that Ive have seen loose the strawberry and become very skunky and or plain...hence why im poppin these old F2s. Thanks so much for your input o wise one. truly.

FORTUNATELY I have been working with the ole blue crosses that I have from the original seeds of the ole blue bob gave me as well. Selected the best male out of his seeds and then hit all my old elites from years back. Shits gonna get VERY interesting.

Ill start up a grow thread as soon as things are poppin. and keep this thread updated with relativity to the ole blue. I hope to stable her in seed and then frost her up!

OL Blue is related to Cough??????

that one takes the cake, whatta moron, crips dude you dont even have a clue on the lineage of any of the coughs about, and you make that statement based on finickyness?????

theres a zillion plants out there that are finiky, so whatt they allrelated to Cough or even your Ol Blue?????

EFFIN POSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get a freakin book and bone up on cannabis genetics so you have a understanding how cannabis propagates/segragates. jebus my freakin head is splittin just rereadin your babble.

CouldBeFunny

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Don't pull me into the frey, I just was commenting on what we did back in the day n Texas and alot of it got out and about but I have not a clue as to where Ol Blue came from...If thats where Moonshineman he got it than I am sure thats where he got it.....he's out here in Colo isn't he?

Big up CBF!!

T

TopRock

^^^lol i know you well better then that bro,Im just rubbin the simple one some, hehe.

Moonshines over there on the front range, havent got with him much since his cup win, hes a busy man these days:D

so what the hell ya been up to??? here were gettin ready to get ready for this upcommin season, so chill over here on the western slope. the reds have run all the dispensaries out, no commercial grows allowed in the county. no one can grow for shit, its on!!!!

gonna be in Denver for the 420 bro, be nice to finally shake and bake with ya, got tickets for the show, be a bunch from TCC at Shotgun Willies, viernes de noche, vienes a mi fiesta!!!!!..................oops all that time in costa is rubbin off.

hell man ill be in town the 11th, leavin out for Costa bro, 10 day surf trip......con mi amigo .........Quiero mucho muchachas.......adios hermano

sky high

sky high

i do remember you tellin me that the cut you sent to chickenman was a BB X chem which somehow got pollied in your OP????? so know you say it is your BBplant ??????

make up my mind bro, and from smokin your BB with you its not the same toke from the cut you sent chickenman from my best recollection.

CloseButFake

It's the same cut. It's never been crossed, not by me anyway. Didn't even know I gave it to him in my fog and didn't know he had it til recently. If there's a difference it's in the way we grow it/the environment.

T

TopRock

It's the same cut. It's never been crossed, not by me anyway. Didn't even know I gave it to him in my fog and didn't know he had it til recently. If there's a difference it's in the way we grow it/the environment.

View attachment 294811View attachment 294811
IMG 8623 1024x768

T

TopRock

IMG 8618 1024x768
IMG 8624 1024x768

heres the cut im referrin to, waddaya think bro?

sky high

sky high

Dunno. I'd have to smoke it. All I can say is what I said above. During the timeframe when I gave him cuts I only had the BB...the Chemdog D you gave me, a Long Leaf 'kush" that was weak lemony stuff....and a Spider OG that was some kindsa Bubba gig that tasted real "old school". That pic has more frost than the BB usually puts on.... and I've only had her color slightly. Nothing like that. The BB is hard to miss. She smells like strong BB starting at about 3 weeks and you can even smell BB in the roots/dirt when you dump out old pots. Tastes like strong BB/berry and has a sour finish IMO. No muffin stuff or sweet BB goin on....and no bug spray (Chemdog D) on top.

T

TopRock

Bug spray, lol......ya remember that?

seems like some astringent thing to me at the finish, but yes you hit it. Color is from outdoor GH grow, harvested in Oct. frostiness most likely from camera flash, but she has serious resin field.

heres a indoor grow, bit much N, but ya get the jist as far as tric field
Perroazul 1 bud 1024x768

sky high

sky high

Never tried her OD. Explains the colors. She's a green-to-the-finish gal indoors for me. I always have a hard time winding her down and never take her before 10 weeks. Those leaves look skinnier than what I usually see. In hydro/UC I've seen her make large fans with really wide blades...so go figure. So...any crosses made with her? I'm giving an S-1 and some crosses a shot now. Barely seeing flowers now on the reversed BB "dad".....so we shall see. My last try was a bust. Need to make something happen though 'cus I'd love to keep this around forever....and nearly losing her/having to reveg her was a bitch.

mrs.raredankness

mrs.raredankness

As in brother, or brother from a different mother???
The OLD BLUE that RD uses came from OR in the mid 80's.
Long's peak blue was just a cool name for a cross.

S

Simple

one other point, this was some 8/10 years ago, well before all you guys have batted it around to your likeing.

whatever flips your skirt, to me dude you just sound like another pompous wanna be pot star, cant hardly believe ya have suckered SkyHigh, Tex, and such into your fold with all your lengthy Babble.

CantByFriends

Wow.....

Okay bro I can take a B**** Slap or "rubbin" as you like to call it man. But honestly try not to lose your temper, you sound like allllll the old heads, technicians, ive grown for and dealt with for years. So for all of us, take a deeeeeep breath, a few times, have you tried yoga instead of sarcasm?

Im not tyring to offend you...or your "crew" or lineage or whatever man just saying my peace. And fortunately, it will be different than what you think because im not you. Therefore if youd like to have an adult dialog then Im more than down but honestly bro lets keep it civil. Me writing a book doesnt mean Im talking shit...

First of all, please dont call me names, or say that im "bying friends" as you put it (by the way BUY would be the correct spelling here). And how the hell would I be buying these people hahahhaha Im giving them credit and saying thank you... we are online writing in a forum hahaha I want to know their opinion dude. So your response speaks volumes in my opinion.

Second of all, if I wanted attention as a pot star id be constantly posting nug porn of my gear and crosses and talking about strip clubs and feeding stripper babbies.... hmmm sounds familiar hahahaha you TECHNICIANS are all the same. Unfortunately blind agreeing and blind allegiance is all you seem to value in your peers.... Im not a pot star hahaha didnt know that cliche was still around... nor a wannabe hahaha though Im here to talk about lineage, and on the forum I like regulation talk and grow diaries....Good enough for you? So definitely not a wannabe there kind SIR.

Anyways man try not to think that everyone is gonna just roll over to your word. Thats all I was saying, really. Tell me a story ya know with some details and factual evidence. I went to school so I need more than just you talking it up man...

Furthermore, the pics you posted are not much like the ole blue cut I have seriously NOT in the least. And honestly after this I think im gonna loose the old blue references in my new seeds, stick with some blue reference cause that blue moonshine is just another work of DJs and the hype with RD is just silly, its gettin funny. To me this is so evident that you old heads renamed your stuff, lost cuts, accidently or not, and shit got out of control. How is that professional? Its not its just evident of the times back then. Thats not being rude mean or arrogant bro thats just speakin. This is a industry man you have to be able to keep your cool when people dissagree with you and how you express that is everything (I would be rich if I charged all the old heads for every time ive said that, SERIOUSLY hahahaha)

The lineage of the blues is going to bring that "drama" (like the chems or whatever) up because it was alllll "secret" back then. Now we dont have to be so secret anymore man so things are gonna change bro....im always down for an adult dialog, thats how we as humans grow and LEARN. The blues have been here since the late80s early 90s and there are lots of hybrids. all im trying to do is offer lineage to the one I have and SEPARATE it from the ones that others have.

That cut that you have really looks like the blue MOONSHINE cut I have and have seen runnin through the mountains. Not the cut I have for sure. Yours looks alright... healthy. Please dont respond to my book, we can agree to disagree that is fine hahhaa lets move on and tell some stories... Thanks for posting! Respect! wouldnt be here without ya.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom