Colorado Redcard renewal fee

• Thread starter Tripsick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GhostFace

GhostFace

i got an email last week saying they was going to try and get it reduced to $35 but dont know if it went threw or not_im sure the lower cost would make it so alot more people will stay on the reg or go and get thur reg card for the first time..i think they are reducing it cause alot of people havent been re-newing.1?! :rasta2: they made millions now they going to throw us a scooby snack ;)

Tripsick

Tripsick

right on.. im hoping it does go down..

i see they are considering it..
The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (department) is considering a reduction of the medical marijuana registration fee from $90 to $35. In making this downward adjustment, the Department has looked at the direct and indirect costs associated with managing the Medical Marijuana Registry Program.

This spreadsheet details the costs to run the Medical Marijuana Registry Program. In summary, the department is assuming a registrant level of 120,000 applications per calendar year. The Department is also assuming 20% of those applicants will claim indigent status (defined as 185% of the federal poverty level); thus, the fee will be waived in accord with state statute. Therefore, 96,000 applicants will pay the fee. (120,000 X 20% = 24,000. 120,000 – 24,000 = 96,000). The program is anticipated to cost $3,367,726 per year to run. $3,367,726 / 96,000 applicants = $35.08 per applicant. The fee will be rounded down to $35.

M

maestro

BURN YOUR RED CARD!

GET FREE MEDS N CLONES!

Get a free joint if ya buy from me between 4:00-6:00 mon-fri.

LOL

Hell I'll even throw it a tumbler for a few if thats what ya want!@ Free hash with purchase of an oz! lol

I wish I was in the position to do this! Maybe thats what its gonna take! :ninja

Tripsick

Tripsick

With this posting, the department is inviting public comment on the proposed reduced medical marijuana registry fee. The public comment period will be open from July 1 through August 12, 2011. Please send your comments to [email protected]

K

kolah

hmmm. odd that the greedy bastards may reduce fees. Maybe they think people will drop out of registry. (as I just might).

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
BURN YOUR RED CARD!

GET FREE MEDS N CLONES!

Get a free joint if ya buy from me between 4:00-6:00 mon-fri.

LOL

Hell I'll even throw it a tumbler for a few if thats what ya want!@ Free hash with purchase of an oz! lol

I wish I was in the position to do this! Maybe thats what its gonna take! :ninja

Too bad everything they give away for free or cheap is straight schwag mang!!! Flippin eagle 20 avid peddlin' fools. I have my card and havent been to a disp in 8 months.

Theyre dropping like flys

S

SoCoMMJ

The CDPHE recently posted a delay in their process due to a "malfunction" in their email system. They are working to delay the hearings on rate reductions because a vast majority of cards are up for renewal from september - november. If they can get them re upped at the higher rate, the CDPHE will get paid much more. Nice....

Too bad everything they give away for free or cheap is straight schwag mang!!!

Your bias is sickening... Just our center alone provided over 3 pounds of top shelf or high grade to sick, dying, and indigent patients through patient credits LAST MONTH alone. How much did you donate?

The size of a garden does not dictate the volume of evil as you are projecting.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
The CDPHE recently posted a delay in their process due to a "malfunction" in their email system. They are working to delay the hearings on rate reductions because a vast majority of cards are up for renewal from september - november. If they can get them re upped at the higher rate, the CDPHE will get paid much more. Nice....

Your bias is sickening... Just our center alone provided over 3 pounds of top shelf or high grade to sick, dying, and indigent patients through patient credits LAST MONTH alone. How much did you donate?

The size of a garden does not dictate the volume of evil as you are projecting.

Way better meds outside of the dispensaries. Im not biased....just a realist

S

SoCoMMJ

Patient credits?.....sounds like they had to buy something to get something....more marketing ploys.

They are members that are sick and in need. You are so wrong. It must be hard for you to admit that.

You forgot to mention how much you gifted to patients in need last month. Year? Ever ? If you are going to extol your greatness, please share with us how you are helping patients in need in Colorado.

Tripsick

Tripsick

Just try and email them and let them know that the renewal price it too high.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
They are members that are sick and in need. You are so wrong. It must be hard for you to admit that.

You forgot to mention how much you gifted to patients in need last month. Year? Ever ? If you are going to extol your greatness, please share with us how you are helping patients in need in Colorado.

Im not great and never said i was. I give away plenty of meds but dont keep a flippin ledger for it. Nor do i grow on any scale besides my own need. If your nugs were so "top shelf" you wouldnt be so worked up right now. lol take it with a grain man take it with a grain.

sky high

sky high

Dunno why they are asking for comment. All they need to do is follow the fuckin law and cover the costs of running the Registry and then pass the surplus back to the patients in the form of cheaper fees. (like they did previously when it went from $110 annually to $90 annually)

s h

S

SoCoMMJ

Dunno why they are asking for comment. All they need to do is follow the fuckin law and cover the costs of running the Registry and then pass the surplus back to the patients in the form of cheaper fees. (like they did previously when it went from $110 annually to $90 annually)

s h

Agreed 100%... who is going to complain about a $55 discount/alignment of fees? The only reason for hearings is to delay the process in order to gain the higher fees for the 80% of card holders that expire in the next 3 months.

CDPHE is so slimy in their treatment of citizens that it isn't funny. You should see the mass of retarded reasons that they void applications and forms for.

C

canaguy27

Agreed 100%... who is going to complain about a $55 discount/alignment of fees? The only reason for hearings is to delay the process in order to gain the higher fees for the 80% of card holders that expire in the next 3 months.

CDPHE is so slimy in their treatment of citizens that it isn't funny. You should see the mass of retarded reasons that they void applications and forms for.

do you have anything to cite for the 80% figure? I'll put that in the magazine next month. those guys are asshats.

Tripsick

Tripsick

Yeah it is better to just sit and do nothing! its so much easier

S

SoCoMMJ

do you have anything to cite for the 80% figure? I'll put that in the magazine next month. those guys are asshats.

Last year when they decided to actually start printing cards after a 8-10 month wait, the cards started rolling out in late august, sep and through november.

I can run a quick average of expiration dates and see how many are due in what month.

Would hate to have our name tied to the research... the will bounce even more of our forms :mad0233:

sky high

sky high

Both of my patients had their renewals come due in May. Mine/my wife's were 2 months prior to that in March.

When the cards came they were issued one day apart with an Oct. renewal date.

you may be onto something here, but in the end the fees will drop and whether it's $90 or $35 isn't gonna make a difference for any of us financially. (I realize others may have different circumstances)

I still believe it's cheap insurance if you are playing anywhere near the numbers the state says we can have.

be safe, all

s h

S

SoCoMMJ

CARDEXP.jpg

Months 1-12 go across, bars represent % of cards expiring that month.

Maybe 80% was a slightly high guess, but August - November represent 66% of the cards needing renewals. Not that far off...

You get my point. The longer they can drag it out, the more money they can extort from the sick and debilitated in Colorado.

Note that the data set does not represent all cards. Only represents 450 or so that we have data from. So there can be some variance of values.

The other piece that CDPHE forgot to factor into their calculations was the % of cards that they will have to re up for free with the indigent patient program. That number will be fairly high because when patients are debilitated and sick they usually aren't working.

sky high

sky high

Even with the small numbers represented it does show a huge bubble in the timeframe you mentioned. No matter how it plays out there will be a certain number of folkswho are charged $90 one day and other patients who are charged under the new fee..whatever it ends up being..on the next day. In the end it is >supposed, to all balance out...

the fuck up here, IMO, is that they could have been dropping fees all along as patient numbers rose... but they were too busy thinking up NEW RULES to do what they WERE ALREADY CHARGED WITH DOING....

as always, they play by their rules and want us to also play by their (ever-fuckin'-changing)rules.

wot a mess... but wot else is new?

s h

Latest posts

Top Bottom