Colorado Springs

• Thread starter ogbluntdoc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ogbluntdoc

ogbluntdoc

I am moving to Colorado Springs on aug 1st. Getting transferred there with my job. I would love any information about the area. Anything from good/bad Areas to live. As an indoor grower I plan on setting up a personal grow. I'm coming from out of state so I don't have a med card. Is that something easy to get? Only reason I'm wanting a card is to go get clones from a dispensary. Unless clones or mothers are now just as easy to find on the street as a bag of green is. Thanks for any friendly help you all can give me.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

You are probably the 349,875,342nd person who has made this thread.

Once you can show residency (go to the DMV and get your DL, or ID card. Once you have that you can shop at Medical Marijuana Centers, or MMC's. You can grow your own 6 plants with 3 in flower and you can possess up to two ounces of the drug, and you have a severe enough condition you might get a higher plant count than 6, but don't count on having that holding up in court. Your medical marijuana card only gives you an affirmative defense if you are arrested and charged. It's not a get out of jail free card, it isn't a free pass to puff in the open or in your car, period.

If you are going the recreational route, you can't buy from retail shops until next year. You can find your own pot, but you are not allowed to purchase it, which is why you see all the ads for 'donations' for recreational pot. Personally I would stay away from that because there will be at least a 25-35% tax on recreational pot. So if you don't know anyone who has medicine they will share with you than you're on your own. You can grow the same 6 plants, but there are no regulations on limits of possession, so long as the usable product is kept and stored the same place it was grown.

There are pros and cons to going the medical route, and the same for the recreational crowd. Personally, if you are looking to move here to sell pot to make money, forget it. There have been thousands who have failed before you. Check out our local craigslist ads, they are full of overpriced, disease infested and overpriced meds, and that's what you can expect to compete against.

If you are looking to move here and make a million bucks in this industry, forget it. What are you bringing to the table?

If you're just another recreational user then invalid.com might be a better site. That's where the new cocky kids like to hang out.

Good luck.

ogbluntdoc

ogbluntdoc

I'm not moving there to be into the game. I'm very familiar with the laws and the plant numbers how the dispensarys work. I've been growing for over ten years in a state that is not medical. So the legality of it all is of no concern to me. I asked about the med card only for the reason of buying clones. Or can I find clones on the street from a fellow grower.

I think it's funny that anytime you see a post of someone moving to Colorado they just get shut down and people say " you better bring solo of money if you want to get involved and good luck even with that) you know people moved to Colorado before it became legal. I know I probably just blew your brain but its true. Colorado is a beautiful state with allot of reason to be there besides weed. And that would be me. I'm going there for a job ( NOT weed related). I hope to find people that are cool and chill. It's sad to say that most people on here from Colorado do not welcome new comers to the state. And I think that's a shame, remember it was the people who voted it to be legal in the first place. Wouldn't you want to have more like minded people.

So I would love to hear information on the city of Colorado Springs (not the same ol info on the weed game there)

ogbluntdoc

ogbluntdoc

I'm moving there for my job. My work has opened a couple of new locations throughout Colorado and they offered to transfer me to Denver or Colorado Springs to help in the new stores. Colorado Springs is cheaper to live and I'm not big fan of big city's. so the springs is where I'm going. And that's why I'm going to Colorado. Just wanted to make it clear I'm not someone who is tryin to go out there for the weed game.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Colorado Springs is cheaper to live and I'm not big fan of big city's. so the springs is where I'm going.

This makes me laugh everytime I hear it. It's still a big city (for Colo), and it's cheaper for a reason...
But plenty of people love it.
Good luck.

As said above, using the 'search' function should answer many of your questions. Seems a lot of people are moving to the springs lately. Or maybe the pigs are fishing :)

ogbluntdoc

ogbluntdoc

Lol yea it might be a big city for Colorado. But not for me. Currently living in St. Petersburg fl. Before here I was in Phoenix az. And Sacramento ca before that. So the springs will be small to me.

And if only the search actually worked. It doesn't get the results ur looking for. I do search before I post. And posting will get new information not old.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I'm not moving there to be into the game. I'm very familiar with the laws and the plant numbers how the dispensarys work. I've been growing for over ten years in a state that is not medical. So the legality of it all is of no concern to me. I asked about the med card only for the reason of buying clones. Or can I find clones on the street from a fellow grower.

I think it's funny that anytime you see a post of someone moving to Colorado they just get shut down and people say " you better bring solo of money if you want to get involved and good luck even with that) you know people moved to Colorado before it became legal. I know I probably just blew your brain but its true. Colorado is a beautiful state with allot of reason to be there besides weed. And that would be me. I'm going there for a job ( NOT weed related). I hope to find people that are cool and chill. It's sad to say that most people on here from Colorado do not welcome new comers to the state. And I think that's a shame, remember it was the people who voted it to be legal in the first place. Wouldn't you want to have more like minded people.

So I would love to hear information on the city of Colorado Springs (not the same ol info on the weed game there)
I have noticed the same thing but not all coloradans are that way,there are alot of great and welcoming folks in the state also,best of luck on your adventure.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
When we moved in state from city to small, very small town rural Colorado we wanted to be an asset to the locals.
We did not flash cash and act all high and mighty, we hoped to blend in with the locals and not cause a ruckus.
We had no idea what we would do, the wife had a high paying job and became employed immeditaly and soon ended up running the company and was paid very well Soon that soured and we said fuck it and she retired to farm which I developed while she worked day job.
So what Iam saying welcome, sounds like you know how to act, you'll love it here, find a farmer over that away for real food, lots of good folks, just be cool and you'll find a lots of good things happening....
And for me its all about......... FISHON!!!!!!!!

ttystikk

ttystikk

My two cents is anywhere but Colorado Springs! It's a nice town to visit but it has much more than its fair share of crime. It is also home to Focus on the Family, a hard core right wing/religious fundamentalist lobbying group, because there are so many like minded people living there. Rumor has it the cops have a real hardon against individual growers, because of a misguided attempt to 'encourage' them to go legal and rent space in Colorado Springs' 'indoor gardening district'.

Denver is better, smaller towns often even better than Denver. Ft Collins was once voted the nicest place to live (over 50k pop) in the entire US, so I feel I'm on pretty safe ground when I say this is a nice town.

ogbluntdoc

ogbluntdoc

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I've only been in Florida for about a year n half. Did two harvests just small closet grow to keep my thumbs green mostly. :) Florida is sketchy!

I'm orginionally from northern New Mexico so I've spent allot if time in Colorado growing up. My pops had season tickets to the broncos so we were in Denver allot. And when I turned 18 I was in Denver and got talked into getting a tattoo just because I was 18 lol o to be young and dumb. So I love Colorado just never live there. I wish I could choose which city but i just feel fortunate my job is sending me anywhere in Colorado. I've heard plenty about the right wing one way minded people of Colorado Springs. Good thing I just stay to myself and do me.

And I can't wait to be back in the mountains fishing and camping. The beach is nice but there is only so much you can do on the beach.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Bro. You said it about the beach. After all, it's just a strip of sand, at best 1/4 mile wide. Not a lot of territory to explore there! Those mountains, now- they just go on and on and on...

sky high

sky high

Sounds like you have a good idea of what Colorado is all about bluntdoc. Blows me away that there are peeps who moved here (only) for the weed biz who barely step foot in the hills/don't take advantage of the many >other< things that this state offers. Good luck w/the move/getting set up. Hopefully you can hook on some clones w/o going to a dispensary....

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Well I've been entrenched in the 719 since '96. Good times, bad times. Potentially one of the nicest cities in the world, but hideously corrupt/inept city government. There are some great things here but also some bullshit; much like other places. Do your thing; keep your head down and don't make waves, and you'll do fine. Clones are everywhere; full of pm, mites, and worse. Beware dispensary anything, craigslist is worse. Holler when ya land.

ogbluntdoc

ogbluntdoc

That's the thing I know there are some good people in Colorado. I'm excited and anxious. I'm a bit of a traveller and love to move to new places. And as many places I have lived around this country, I've always said I would end up in Colorado. And when I do, ill probably never leave.

I've actually looked on Craigslist for clones and they even have mmj on there lol. I look just out of curiosity, you wanna surprise a Floridian show him that you can buy weed and plants on Craigslist. The east coast really has no idea what's going on out west. They only know what reaches national news. And we all know how trustworthy the news is haha.

Thanks for the heads up on the bad clones in and out of the dispensary. I'm starting seeds but It would be nice to shave a month off my first run with some clones. When I moved from New Mexico to Arizona I brought my clones with me. Don't think I can do that driving from Florida to Colorado!

Top Bottom