• Thread starter LittleDabbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
A Colorado farming town on Saturday ended restrictions put on the local water supply this week after it warned residents to avoid drinking the town's water because THC, the psychoactive agent in marijuana, was found in a feeder well.
The local sheriff said a criminal investigation has been launched to look into possible tampering of the well in Hugo, a town of about 800 people some 90 miles (145 kms) southeast of Denver.

"The Colorado Bureau of Investigation has just reached out to us and advised that samples taken from Well #1 and throughout town are NEGATIVE for THC," the Lincoln County Sheriff's Office said on its Facebook page on Saturday.

The water restrictions were lifted on Saturday morning, Lincoln County Public Health said in a Facebook post.

"The municipal water in the Town of Hugo is SAFE," the post read.

The county health department said in an alert on Thursday that residents should avoid drinking, cooking or bathing with the town's water for at least 48 hours after a field testing kit showed the possible THC contamination.

Peter Perrone, a chemist and owner of the state-licensed cannabis testing facility, Gobi Analytical in suburban Denver said in an interview that it is virtually imposs

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
A Colorado farming town on Saturday ended restrictions put on the local water supply this week after it warned residents to avoid drinking the town's water because THC, the psychoactive agent in marijuana, was found in a feeder well.
The local sheriff said a criminal investigation has been launched to look into possible tampering of the well in Hugo, a town of about 800 people some 90 miles (145 kms) southeast of Denver.

"The Colorado Bureau of Investigation has just reached out to us and advised that samples taken from Well #1 and throughout town are NEGATIVE for THC," the Lincoln County Sheriff's Office said on its Facebook page on Saturday.

The water restrictions were lifted on Saturday morning, Lincoln County Public Health said in a Facebook post.

"The municipal water in the Town of Hugo is SAFE," the post read.

The county health department said in an alert on Thursday that residents should avoid drinking, cooking or bathing with the town's water for at least 48 hours after a field testing kit showed the possible THC contamination.

Peter Perrone, a chemist and owner of the state-licensed cannabis testing facility, Gobi Analytical in suburban Denver said in an interview that it is virtually imposs
Sounds like a terrorist act.... Marshall law the country hahaha

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Sounds like a terrorist act.... Marshall law the country hahaha

Who ever put out the first story and said the well had looked like it was tampered with needs to be taken out and tampered with :P

Could have been a very interesting story on how the fuck thc got into the water supply...

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Who ever put out the first story and said the well had looked like it was tampered with needs to be taken out and tampered with :p

Could have been a very interesting story on how the fuck thc got into the water supply...
Hahaha thats a whole lot of dirty piss you would need for the well to test dirty. lets water board the tamperer!!!... we have the water supply.

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

That is straight up fear mongering yellow journalism. " better not legalize or THC will be in the water supply and the whole country will go to shit.... No one will be able to work and all the Doritos will be gone !!!"

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Since thc is NOT water soluble, wouldn't the abundance of trichs be floating around (if it actually were to happen). What a f n JOKE. More blatant attempt at giving mj a bad name.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
That is straight up fear mongering yellow journalism. " better not legalize or THC will be in the water supply and the whole country will go to shit.... No one will be able to work and all the Doritos will be gone !!!"
This is called the ones making money off criminalizing a plant are doing anything and everything to survive hahaha. Judges, probation, cops, corrections, drug test companies, dea, border security ALLLLLLL are gonna lose about half their pay and retirement and they're trying anything to survive. I say let them all go homeless!!!

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Since thc is NOT water soluble, wouldn't the abundance of trichs be floating around (if it actually were to happen). What a f n JOKE. More blatant attempt at giving mj a bad name.
Ya.. trichs sink to the bottom of water. My hash buckets are clear and its easy to see them at the bottom of the water bucket.

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

I agree, but if they want to keep making money, they are gonna have to earn it. Actually chasing real criminals and investigating crimes... Not just pulling over teenagers for that easy pot bust money .

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I agree, but if they want to keep making money, they are gonna have to earn it. Actually chasing real criminals and investigating crimes... Not just pulling over teenagers for that easy pot bust money .
Holy shit thats called real work!!!! Who does that shit?!?!?! hahaha if i painted or roofed a house like cops work then i would have never received another call like YEARS AGO. hell they have zero responsibility for even false accusations. "Uhhh duh cuz we thought it was the right thing to do"

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That is yet another HORRIBLY written story. It doesn't even finish! WTF is up with journalism in Colorado? It's as bad as the SF Gate's reporting and editing.
Who ever put out the first story and said the well had looked like it was tampered with needs to be taken out and tampered with :p

Not really. I've been told it's a hangout for teenagers, and knowing that they used a drug test intended to test urine (they'd been testing employees according to another story I read), and so what the water really tested positive for was THC metabolites. There's really only one way for that to have gotten into the well--somebody (or rather a whole lot of somebodies) peed in it. The fact that the testing agency decided that it would be a good idea to use a urine drug test on the well water is an issue. Not a police or policing issue, it's an issue with regard to maintaining water quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom