colors

• Thread starter soserthc1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
soserthc1

soserthc1

looking for info on getting some exotic purple and pink colors so my trees can be pretty. I see numerous beautifull flowers in people's pictures (subcool - southbay ray)come to mind. Also numerous people on here not to short change anyone. I have had about a half dozen sucessfull grows to only on failure (due to heat stress mistake) but i have not been able to get my flowers purple - even with my first grow being grandaddy purple. The buds were fantasic dense sweet and highly impressed all who smoked it. My temp does drop at night , especially now it has been dropping from 77 to 67 -65 but no color. Well i mean nothing like wow my tricomes are beautifull and turn brown and orange but nothing really impressive that i see in books. I am aware that the colors are exaserated in books but is there any other ways to bring out color, or is it strain dependent. well any info would help. peace and good growing................emancipate yourself from mental slavery none but are selfs can free are minds" bob marley:sign0065:

convex

convex

It really is strain dependent, and often a phenotype within a given strain.

Some plants colour with cool temps, some colour during normal growth, others only when flushed; and of course some do not at all.

Cheers

K

kolah

Most of my indicia plants turned cool shades of purple, blue, red and pink towards the end of the flowering cylce. Me thinks it was due to the cold nights (40-50 F) and hot days 90-100F. I think it's an Afghan/Paki genetics thing triggered by temp variation.

A

Alien Abductee

Cold temps cause purple. Purples strains just have less of a tolerance for cold. If you can get the temps into the upper 40's at night, you'll get some beautiful colors.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I've had nice purple colors when I dropped the temp 2 the 50's cold water helps 2.. My Rez always got super cold & I think that helped.. If u can get it down 2 the 40's I'll bet the buds would b pure purple.. Some strains will turn purple no matter what temp ur running.. My last grow the room was never cold & my Angels Kush & DeathStar turned purple..

A

Alien Abductee

When I grew in san fran, use to get lots of colored bud cause it runs in the 40s at night pretty consistently. Here in los angeles, its more rare for me.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

U sure r rite about that.. It's suoer hard 4 me 2 get great colors here in Fresno.. It only gets super cold in the winter time.. I used 2 grow a strain called purple cream & it turned dark purp Like GDP in the winter time.. & green in the summer time.. It smelled the same but didn't look the same.. It also grew way better in the winter cold..

soserthc1

soserthc1

Most of my indicia plants turned cool shades of purple, blue, red and pink towards the end of the flowering cylce. Me thinks it was due to the cold nights (40-50 F) and hot days 90-100F. I think it's an Afghan/Paki genetics thing triggered by temp variation.

yes - i also think it has to do with temp drops its nearing end of high temps around here and currently im only dropping about 10 degree's at night. ill have to wait a few more weeks for the cold nights ... my buddy added ice at night to his cat piss strain and it really came out a nice pink/purple color but was not a big fan of strain...not enough punch for me, it was a good day smoke but i love my couch lock - lost in your head indica's as i do most of my smoking at night

soserthc1

soserthc1

I've had nice purple colors when I dropped the temp 2 the 50's cold water helps 2.. My Rez always got super cold & I think that helped.. If u can get it down 2 the 40's I'll bet the buds would b pure purple.. Some strains will turn purple no matter what temp ur running.. My last grow the room was never cold & my Angels Kush & DeathStar turned purple..

gonna be really tough to get my temps that low as i grow inside and i'm thinkin the wife would be a little pissed off if i let the house drop in to the 40's maybe ill invest in an air conditioner in room, have you ever added ice to top of soil or in res to get color ....

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

gonna be really tough to get my temps that low as i grow inside and i'm thinkin the wife would be a little pissed off if i let the house drop in to the 40's maybe ill invest in an air conditioner in room, have you ever added ice to top of soil or in res to get color ....

No I've never tryed that b4 but I've heard lots of people trying that & they said they had good results.. I think I might try that trick some day cuz it sounds like it juss mite work..a AC inside ur grow room is a great idea so u could freeze that room only not the whole house..

Top Bottom